Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The most important thing to know about having a baby IMO (nappy explosion related!)

(40 Posts)
HopLittleFroggiesHopSkipJump Thu 07-Nov-13 01:30:07

I thought this would be the most helpful place to post. I have recently realised, with a near toddler, that babies vests can pull down over their shoulders and off over their feet.
This might not sound too useful if you've not had a newborn yet, but it will when there is a green poop covered vest to remove!

The amount of up-back-in-hair-everywhere incidents this could have avoided is slightly upsetting me!

ChicaMomma Thu 07-Nov-13 16:36:57

Thanks Lemondrizzle, my friend said the same to me. Anywhere in particular that you would recommend for said comforter? assume they have to be 'new born' appropriate?

HopLittleFroggiesHopSkipJump Thu 07-Nov-13 16:46:13

any jellycat toy I'd recommend! their website has a great range.

ChicaMomma Thu 07-Nov-13 16:49:12

thanks HopLittleFroggiesHopSkipJump- very cute. www.jellycat.com

This, for me personally, is the best thread i've seen.. jotting down everything in my prengnancy journal! thanks ladies

Movetothesound Thu 07-Nov-13 18:12:28

Absolutely loving this thread, thanks so much for everyones input.

owlface Thu 07-Nov-13 20:34:18

I've just thought of something I wish I'd known - the hospital keep your maternity notes when you are discharged. So if there is anything in there you'd like to keep make sure you take a copy towards the end of pregnancy! I feel a bit sad as I thought DD would like to see them when she is grown up.

Sunnysummer Thu 07-Nov-13 23:19:34

Tobylerone - no cold legs, the reason bundlers are so long is that you tuck the ends underneath them like a little envelope :-) On really cold nights you can add socks, but it's quite toasty especially with a wrap.

TobyLerone Fri 08-Nov-13 07:54:20

Really? I'm going to John Lewis tonight. Perhaps I'll get a couple.

MrsVDB Fri 08-Nov-13 08:56:57

toby just seen m&s has a 2 pack for £10

TobyLerone Fri 08-Nov-13 09:00:05

Ooooh, thanks smile

I got 72 muslins. But then I did have twins...I took to just looping them through my belt so I always had one to hand!

A further tip for when they're a bit bigger: when giving them prunes to help unblock naturally, do not think 'the more the merrier' and let them polish off the pack. 3 hours later, more was definitely NOT merrier...

You're welcome smile.

waceystills Fri 08-Nov-13 10:32:26

Friends still watch on in wonder and then awe when I pull baby clothes down rather than over his head. Best tip so far I reckon.

Spread the word people, everyone needs to know this!

Off I go to John Lewis to get a couple of bundlers.

Cariad007 Fri 08-Nov-13 11:17:23

Just had a look at the John Lewis site and the bundlers only come in one size. How does that work then?? Newborns tend to vary in size from tiny to 10 pounders!

TobyLerone Fri 08-Nov-13 11:19:33

It obviously works because they're very loose-fitting with no 'bottom' as such. So it doesn't really matter how long/fat the baby is.

purrtrillpadpadpad Fri 08-Nov-13 11:28:26

Pjs can be easier to deal with. No poppers.

It's possible to be very sleep deprived and suffer from insomnia. If you can't sleep when baby sleeps don't stress, this too shall pass.

LemonDrizzleCake11 Sun 10-Nov-13 18:23:41

ChicaMomma - Tesco do some for either 6.99 or 7.99 which can be washed at 40 degrees - they have a rabbit, bear, monkey and something else that I can't remember. The only thing is you need to find them instore as via the website you can't specify which of the 4 animals you want, which is not helpful at all. And amazingly this is the only place I foudn that sold properly machine-washable soft toys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now