Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Not drinking....please help!

(27 Posts)
grobagsforever Tue 05-Nov-13 20:11:01

So I have a team night out next week. Which I organise before BFP. 20 eagle eyed colleagues will be there. Its pie and a pint in a pub. How the bloody hell do I get away with not drinking? I don't drive. I already have a DD so they have been watching for number 2. I like wine and they know it. There is no way they'll buy detox/antibiotics etc. I need a cast iron reason. Anyone?.. Also I can't eat the pie as it's goats cheese, but thinking of just having a nibble and claiming it's off or something. Or arriving late and claiming to have eaten. Nightmare. I could claim childcare issue and not go, but that is going to look suspect too. All suggestions gratefully received.

ChicaMomma Wed 06-Nov-13 13:22:46

She only drinks red wine... BUT, she could have blackcurrant cordial in a wine glass!! now we're getting places...

grobagsforever Wed 06-Nov-13 18:28:46

Hmmm. Giving blood is an excellent idea. Especially with fake bandage. Will keep me excellent excuse to nurse a small.drink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now