Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Have my friend here. Please tell her this is an evap line?

(59 Posts)
EweHaveGoatToBeKiddin Sun 03-Nov-13 10:40:16

She tested here this morning with a normal First Response test which said could be used from the first day of missed period. Her period isn't due until Thursday, but she's been feeling sick on and off for the past week so decided to take one as she couldn't wait any longer.

After 2 minutes, she showed me the pink control line and I told her that it was negative (which she was relieved to hear). But upon closer inspection, still around the 2 minute mark, she saw an extremely faint white line. I told her that this was normal, it was just the line where the dye would go if positive. But she snapped the thing open and got the test strip out. There is definitely a silvery white line next to the pink control one. This is an evap line, right? She's not pregnant, especially if her period isn't due until Thurs?

We've just taken a picture of it, so round about 10 minutes after she peed. but this is the same line we could see right away.

Hopefully this link works to the pic. She's just created a tinypic account for this.

tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=a6BMdyuA%2FVy2PP1krUSTGoh4l5k2TGxc#.UnYm2vk9LZ0

Reality Sun 03-Nov-13 10:41:27

That's a line.

Reality Sun 03-Nov-13 10:41:42

Sorry.

Clargo55 Sun 03-Nov-13 10:44:16

I think that's positive. Evap lines usually go the other way imo.
Either way she should re test tomorrow morning.

Rockchick1984 Sun 03-Nov-13 10:44:30

Looks like an early positive to me too

Doodledumdums Sun 03-Nov-13 10:45:03

I'd say that was a line too. Can she take another test and see what happens?

PinkParsnips Sun 03-Nov-13 10:45:31

Personally I would have said its an evap line as there's no colour in it but I would definitely be doing another test asap to make sure!

LoopaDaLoopa Sun 03-Nov-13 10:46:06

Yep, positive

MrsWolowitz Sun 03-Nov-13 10:46:37

I think it looks like a positive.

EweHaveGoatToBeKiddin Sun 03-Nov-13 10:47:25

tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=a6BMdyuA%2FVzKIGl9SR5UIIh4l5k2TGxc#.UnYpMPk9LZ0

Here's a better one with the flash. I'm really convinced it's an evap line. She's gone out to buy more! shock I think she's wasting her money and stressing over nothing. The test shouldn't even be getting used until her period's due on Thurs.

CajaDeLaMemoria Sun 03-Nov-13 10:47:45

That's a line. Evap lines go the other way, and are made to be very distinctive so that they aren't confusable!

It's so pale because she's still almost a week away from her period. Test again on Thursday and it'll be a lot bolder.

Evap lines tend to be horizontal. However testing before you are due on can mess with results, or lead to panic unnecessarily in the case of a chemical pregnancy.

Tell her to stop panicking and to test next Thursday.

EweHaveGoatToBeKiddin Sun 03-Nov-13 10:48:47

Oh sorry, lots of crossed posts, didn't think i had any replies yet. blush I've always thought a positive should be coloured, even if very very slightly.

CajaDeLaMemoria Sun 03-Nov-13 10:50:13

No, positive lines don't have to be coloured. It just has to be a line.

I'd be really shocked if that was an evaporation line.

LoopaDaLoopa Sun 03-Nov-13 10:50:18

It's definitely a line.

DropYourSword Sun 03-Nov-13 10:50:21

If I'd peed on that, I would have thought it was negative because there's no color to the line. Looks like I'm in the minority here though blush

Does look like the first line I got though, neon pink and bold as brass at the fertility clinic two days later.

98percentchocolate Sun 03-Nov-13 10:51:55

Looks like one I had when testing - that line is now running around downstairs. Sorry.

LoopaDaLoopa Sun 03-Nov-13 10:52:53

Does your 'friend' want to be pregnant? If so, congratulations! smile

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 03-Nov-13 10:54:13

I'm now 30 weeks pregnant with a "line" just like that grin

Yep that's a line.

qazxc Sun 03-Nov-13 10:55:31

if a line shows up in the first 15mins it's not an evap and you said it showed up after 2mins. It looks like a very faint line to me, most likely because she is testing so early. Tell her to try again in a week if her period hasn't come.

MoldieOldNaiceHam Sun 03-Nov-13 10:55:39

My line like that is making a fort downstairs. My line was fainter too.

princesscupcakemummyb Sun 03-Nov-13 10:55:40

i think its positive but id re test in a few days

EweHaveGoatToBeKiddin Sun 03-Nov-13 10:57:25

Definitely a 'friend' grin I haven't had sex in donkeys!

I'm not sure tbh. She just arrived this morning, acting very manic, then ran upstairs and tested. I think she's just in a state of shock. Google images is showing lots of vertical second lines/evaps for First Response, none horizontal confused Ugh, I'm too tired for this. I was planning to spend the morning watching Xfactor and stealing dd's chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now