Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

22 weeks and just started bleeding!

(13 Posts)
jellyfl00d Sat 02-Nov-13 23:25:56

If it's only on wiping and you have recently had intercourse I would no need to worry. It's most likely as a result of sex, it's very common.
I would keep an eye on the loss and if it gets worse ring the labour ward for advice. If you are rh negative you will need to be seen in the next 24 hrs though to get an injection.

Anyfuckerisnotguilty Sat 02-Nov-13 23:17:32

I also had an erosion years ago due to being on the contraceptive pill

mind you my smear test was due when I was abut one month pg
so I must admit I am a bjt worrjed about it

must find out whens the earliest I can get that done

Anyfuckerisnotguilty Sat 02-Nov-13 23:15:40

Hi alice. My baby is three weeks old now. But it was when I was 33 weeks woke up one am when for a wee and on wiping there was a fair bit of blood

scared me really bad. Phoned the hospital they said come down asap
got there they had to do a speculum to see if they coukd see any reason for the blood
they looked jnside wih atorch !
And said there was an erosion on the outside of the cervix and that hormones can cause it
they swabbed it and kept me in for three days

I think they gave me the sterods just incase tbe baby was to arrive early andbi ,as 33 weeks at the time

plus I had gestational diabetes
and sadly we lost our ds 1 shortly after he was born due to massjve heart problems

so with previous history of neonatal death
I think they didnt want to take any chances

alice93 Sat 02-Nov-13 21:53:56

anyfuckerisnotguilty I'm curious about your case.. as I have been told I have mild cervical erosion.. although I'm pretty sure it's getting worse/not getting better. Were you given steroids for the cervical erosion? I have literal been told nothing about it! Just told I have it, I didn't know what it was until I got home and googled it! (I'm 30 weeks)

CLM123 like anyfucker I had the same symptoms, but the hospital just sent me away with some antibiotics for the water infection that I already had. But they were concerned to see me in the first place (it was actually them, when checking a urine sample of mine I had given them early, that they told me to go in within the next few hours.) (This was at 25 weeks)

I hope all goes well with you anyway smile & try to enjoy your weekend rather than stress!!

Anyfuckerisnotguilty Sat 02-Nov-13 20:47:02

I would phone labour ward

It happened to me at 33 weeks, didn't even have sex just bled on going to the loo

Was admitted for three days and given steroids

Baby is here now safe and sound

But I would get it checked

My cause of bleeding was a cervical erosion

CLM123 Sat 02-Nov-13 20:40:16

Thank you very much ladies I really appreciate you taking your time to comment. Yes I had my 20 week scan they never mentioned anything about my placenta to me just that baby was very low so had to go back again a week later and the little monkey was still very low.

Glad that all your stories have ended positively! Hope you are all well x

ThermoLobster Sat 02-Nov-13 20:35:57

Forgot to say, both DDs fine and fast asleep upstairs.

Frecklesandspecs Sat 02-Nov-13 20:34:53

have you had 20 week scan yet?
Any low lying placenta?
x

NoAddedSuga Sat 02-Nov-13 20:34:43

Just wanted to share my experience.

After sex with my dh when i was 21 weeks, i got off him, wiped and there was a fair amount of blood on the baby wipe. The bed sheets had quite abit of blood on them and dh also had blood on him.

I absolutely shit myself!! Im rh neg blood too so knew i needed an injection if i was bleeding. I rang the local hospital straightaway at 12am. I was crying so much i couldnt get my words out. They told me to come in.

Off i went to the labour ward. They examined me and said i was bleeding quite abit but that they wasnt sure whether the cervix layer had come down abit and been aggravated through sex.

As the bleeding was more than they would of liked i had to be admitted.

I was in hospital for 2 nights and 3 days before i was discharged and had several injections of anti D. You only need anti D for bleeding if you have the same blood type as i ve mentioned above.

I bled for 2 -3 days, but it was getting less as time went on.

I never bled after sex again, but i was so scared of it happening again, it made me anxious during sex and we rarely did it after that till after the birth.

Dd is now 13 months.

ThermoLobster Sat 02-Nov-13 20:34:02

I had very heavy bleeding, albeit earlier on than you, with DD1 and spotting with DD2. I believe you can refer yourself for assessment at 22 weeks so I would go in for reassurance if I were you. Good luck!

CLM123 Sat 02-Nov-13 20:31:05

Hi! Thank you for your post, it's mainly when I wipe and we have had sex like once a week or so sometimes less depending on how I'm feeling... Yes I thought of doing that just going to monitor it and if it continues will probably go hospital.

Oh no sorry to hear that - is everything okay with bump now?

Again, thank you for your post x

Writerwannabe83 Sat 02-Nov-13 20:24:59

Hi CLM - sorry you are feeling anxious but it is completely understandable. I had an episode of heavy fresh red bleeding when I was 14 weeks (not related to sex, just occurred at work) and I absolutely sh*t myself sad

Is the blood free flowing or just spotting when you wipe??

I know that sex can aggravate the cervix and sometimes cause bleeding - have you been having regular sex or was this your first time in quite a while?

monitor the bleeding and if it does become flowing or you start getting cramps or pains then I'd advise you find the local hospital x

CLM123 Sat 02-Nov-13 20:21:52

Hi ladies,

So my partner and I had sex around 2-3 hours ago, I just went for a pee and noticed blood when I wiped. I'm not quite sure what is considered spotting and actual bleeding? To me there was a little more than spotting. We are away for a romantic weekend and cannot get hold of my midwife so my mind is going a little crazy and want to try and stay away from google!

Has anyone had similar experiences to this? I am currently on anti-biotics for a water infection as I know that an infection could sometimes make you bleed? I've had horrendous back ache but had that for weeks. Ugh being a worried nervous mum-to-be is no fun!! Keep thinking every little thing means something!

Please don't be afraid to share any unfortunate stories etc. as I would prefer to know whether or not I should seek medical advise.

Thank you for your time and hope you are all well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now