Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

brown stringy stuff covering 4 pads at 21 weeks

(37 Posts)
jessandalfie Tue 29-Oct-13 20:14:02

Since friday I have been thinking I was weeing myself and its been doing it still, and I went to triage last night and she sed it wasn't my waters wich to me it smelt like it and now today I have used 4 diffrent pads an there has been brown stringy stuff on all the pads I'm confused, scared and don't know what it is x

lizziekal Tue 29-Oct-13 20:16:38

Could it be a bit of old blood mixed with cervical mucus? Did they give you an internal exam yesterday?

PinkWitch803 Tue 29-Oct-13 20:16:44

Contact the midwives again and let them know how you feel as in your post.

jessandalfie Tue 29-Oct-13 20:18:44

Yeah they examined me and I am going to have to wait till the morning now as my sons in bed an partner on night x

bundaberg Tue 29-Oct-13 20:22:15

definitely go back.
brown sounds like old blood, which can be totally normal in pregnancy and is, obviously, better than bright red fresh blood.

they ought to be able to scan you to check your waters

lizziekal Tue 29-Oct-13 20:26:40

I asked about the internal because last time I got checked out (at 14 weeks) I had some brown mucousy discharge for three days afterwards. When I rang them hospital in a panic they said not to worry that it was probably just a bit of old blood from the cervix mixed with the copious amounts of discharge you get in pregnancy and only to start freaking out if I was soaking pads with fresh blood and doubled over in pain. It may well be that what you're experiencing is something similar but why not give your MW a ring for a bit of reassurance. Xx

jessandalfie Tue 29-Oct-13 20:38:05

I am going to go bk in the morning, iv also only felt her move once today so worried but there's not much I can do till the morning so looks like I'm in for a long night x

Mrsostrich Tue 29-Oct-13 20:45:47

If you have noticed reduced movement I would get checked. Have you nobody who can come and watch the children?

jessandalfie Tue 29-Oct-13 20:59:06

I don't drive and my son is in bed so I think there's no other way than to wait till the morning x

bundaberg Tue 29-Oct-13 21:14:00

have a big cold drink, and then lie down. that was always guaranteed to get my lot moving!

try and rest. i'm not going to say try not to worry because I know you will be!

hope you get seen tomorrow and all is ok

sonlypuppyfat Tue 29-Oct-13 21:21:44

I had the brown stuff. I thought I was going rusty. I was fine big 14 year old upstairs. I will second an icy drink lie on your side and try to relax.

jessandalfie Tue 29-Oct-13 21:21:54

Thanks I think everything will be fine fingers crossed x

MrsDavies Tue 29-Oct-13 21:48:48

I know it awkward but can you take your DS with you to get checked? I would be really worried if I only felt my DC move once in a day. I'm sure everything is fine but at least then you will be able to get a good nights rest.

jessandalfie Wed 30-Oct-13 07:06:06

I didn't manage to get there last night but ill be going today. Still leaking fluid and brown stuff so think it needs to be checked out x

BeetleBeetle Wed 30-Oct-13 07:49:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sonlypuppyfat Wed 30-Oct-13 07:51:28

Hope everything goes well today and I hope you had some rest.

lizziekal Wed 30-Oct-13 07:56:13

Let us know how you get on today. Will keep my fingers crossed that everything's okay x

jessandalfie Wed 30-Oct-13 07:57:53

Didn't really get much rest been tossing and turning all night. I'm really hoping my baby is ok. Still not really felt movement but been getting cramps all night so as soon as I'm ready I'm of to the hospital x

LondonNinja Wed 30-Oct-13 08:03:01

Good luck, thinking of you.

ZombieRevengeWiggle Wed 30-Oct-13 08:05:54

Good luck I hope everything is Ok

TobyLerone Wed 30-Oct-13 08:30:46

Good luck, OP.

LST Wed 30-Oct-13 10:51:28

good luck op x

colette Wed 30-Oct-13 10:54:02

Another one thinking of you x

jessandalfie Wed 30-Oct-13 13:56:51

Feeling slighty pissed of, upset!! They want me to monitor it for the next 24 hours they said I shouldn't be feeling the baby move often yet anyway but I know what movement I feel! So another 24 hours of being worried sad

lizziekal Wed 30-Oct-13 14:42:54

Only slightly pissed off? I'd be fuming. Did they at least offer you some reassurance, a scan, anything?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now