Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

grumpy pregnant ladies this way

(109 Posts)
WhisperMen Mon 28-Oct-13 12:34:46

come sit and complain with me.

I am 32+4 and fed up. everywhere hurts. I can't get comfy and to top it off today I have started getting crampy pains and feeling sick.

what's ailing you?

I'm 34+2

Moan moan <heartburn> moan <puke> Whinge moan <hip pain> moan Whinge <back ache> moan <BH> Whinge moan moan Whinge <tired> Whinge moan<puke>

<gavel>

SaucyJack Mon 28-Oct-13 16:56:57

22+5 and I'm in a perfectly good mood.

It's everybody around me who's an annoying shite.

grin saucy you are very very correct.

elskovs Mon 28-Oct-13 17:10:27

Im 33 + 5. Reading this I feel so lucky though. Have missed out on sickness heartburn and back ache etc.

I have horrible hip pain at night though. Ive been taking codeine but have read here that Im not supposed to?? Is that right?

WhisperMen Mon 28-Oct-13 17:33:36

hit the nail on the head there saucy and upthefrigginduff that is a perfect summary grin

WhisperMen Mon 28-Oct-13 17:35:55

I was given codeine by the midwife when I was in hospital elskovs I think you're allowed it?

YoniMitchell Mon 28-Oct-13 17:45:13

You're spot on saucy.

anyone else enjoying the added benefit of reflux? I keep getting mouthfuls of watery puke, nicely reminding me of the last thing I ate or drank.

YoniMitchell Mon 28-Oct-13 17:46:36

Oh, also in week 4 if a cough, which makes me wee a bit with every splutter (which also hurts my back more).

Christ, roll on January!

PoppyAmex Mon 28-Oct-13 17:51:41

35 Weeks

Have excess fluid and baby measuring on 99% so I'm massive
Have a cold / blocked nose / sore throat
A UTI (on antibiotics)
Sore back
Heartburn
Tingly hands and fingers
Swollen feet

A very active 19 month old DD and no hope of early labour
C-section booked for 39 weeks.

I'm sick of it.

IF I WAS A HORSE, I'D BE SHOT!

WhisperMen Mon 28-Oct-13 17:54:31

yoni I love the reflux and the pee coughing. It's what gets me up in the morning hmm

poppy I said that this morning. If I was an animal I would be been put down so I didn't suffer too much.

elskovs Mon 28-Oct-13 18:01:54

Oh thanks Whisper.. I hope its OK. I take 2 x 30 mg codeine phosphate in the evenings and its lovely, I sleep through needing to pee.

Really sorry for everyone else... its not a bit like my experience. I have had cramp once, but all this stuff about heartburn and puking makes me feel my baby is not the right size... I feel fine. My first 2 were only 6lb something, so I guess Im not really expecting this one to be that big.

Artesia Mon 28-Oct-13 18:04:31

Thank goodness for this thread- am in a vile mood today. Am 33+5, and horrific thrombosed haemerroids, which hurt like nothing on earth, and have kept me awake pretty much all night for the last 6 days. Saw my midwife today, who cheerfully said "they will only get Much worse from here on".

Then she told me the baby is breech and I should sit up straight all the time, and bounce on a birthing ball to try and turn him/her. I just burst into tears- I am in agony and can scarcely sit in any position, let alone straight on a hard chair or bouncing on a sodding ball.

Then, later in the appointment, she was measuring my bump. In a misplaced attempt to inject some levity into proceedings, I joked that my (very neat) bump was at least half cake. I then got a full stroppy lecture about how I shouldn't eat cake and pregnancy was no excuse to be greedy - apparently the baby will "grab all the sugar, and get really fat" hmm

Then, just to top it all, one of my haemerroids ruptured this afternoon. Such fun........

ipswichwitch Mon 28-Oct-13 18:07:58

I'm 33 +2 and so sick of frickin heartburn - the reflux is getting so bad I keep puking when I try to lie down and go to sleep. Back and joint problems mean I've never been able to sleep with pillows so even when propped up with eleventy million pillows to relieve heartburn I can't get comfy enough to sleep.
Hip joints feel like they're dislocating every 5 minutes, I either have piles or my arse has fell out, my legs and feet are the size of barrage balloons and I can't shift this bastard cold.

Now someone mentioned quarter pounders - I'm gonna have to ask DH where the hell mine is! (Well I might be being unreasonable there but surely it's allowed now!?)

39+2. Things Wot Have Annoyed Me Today:

Puking.
Heartburn.
The piddling.
The crying (I've just watched ER, an old man died. I cried.)
Taking the dog for a walk this morning. Out for an hour, passed the same person three times. First time 'Oooh, you're huge! When are you due?'. Second time 'Should you be walking this far if you're due on Saturday?!' Third time 'Not had that baby yet?!'. I know they were just making conversation but RAGH.
The texts, the Facebook messages and the calls asking 'how I am'. You lot NEVER ask how I am. If you want to know if theres any sign of the baby yet, ASK.
The fact I can't turn over properly in bed. For some reason I turned front ways last night. I got stuck like a weeble. I had to wake OH to get him to push me over.
The stabby fanjo that never develops into anything.
I developed stretch marks yesterday. I thought I'd avoided them.

Give me 10 minutes, I'm sure I can come up with more....

Norfolknway Mon 28-Oct-13 18:16:59

Cherry

I think the dog walker would have got a lead around the neck if it had been me! Funny though grin

Yeah, heartburn and pissing yourself are the pits.

Everyone around me seems to be VERY Irritating, I wonder what their beef is?!

Slongette Mon 28-Oct-13 18:36:45

What is it with people's 'funny' little comments? Ok so my stomach stuck out a but before I was preggers so it's quite big now. I was 15 mins from home on Friday and someone I know said 'should you be out on your own in your condition?' WTF should I be confined to the house?

Just threw up in my mouth by bending down to check dinner in the oven - what's that all about?

That quarter pounder was actually really good!

I swear somebody is sending all the idiots,entitled twats and especially stinky people into my work on purpose.

These people cannot be a normal representation of the british public,someone is setting me up.

YomAsalYomBasal Mon 28-Oct-13 18:52:25

I'm surrounded by twunts too, DH being the biggest one of them all angry due at Xmas with twins and fookin massive. Can't walk anywhere or do anything really. Have 2 toddler DCs already who i love dearly but they are driving me up the wall. I have morning/all day sickness - still! heartburn, SPD (or ppgp or whatever name they've changed it to purely to annoy me) and rib pain like nothing I've ever known. Sleep deprived from the storm, too. God help anyone who pisses me off tonight angrygrin

froubylou Mon 28-Oct-13 19:48:03

Checks in.

Nods and agrees with everyone and everything.

Goes back to eating quality streets by the handfull, chased by gaviscon.

Edd 20/12/2013. Baby can not come quick enough.

Though obviously want him fully cookes first.

MrsPatMustard Mon 28-Oct-13 19:58:27

27 weeks and am the size of a house. Carrying very very out in front, to the point that even my work maternity trousers are starting to feel restrictive.

If I stand still for more than 5 mins I start to feel lightheaded. If I walk for more than ten minutes all the muscles/ligaments in my lower abdomen start to ache.

Have so long to go yet - wish it was over already....

ipswichwitch Mon 28-Oct-13 19:59:58

So many people keep telling me that this one'll come early - not actual expert people like midwives and drs though confused They are all pissing me off. This baby will come ON TIME. I don't want to miss DS going on the polar express train to see Santa. I want my 4 weeks off work that I have been looking forward to since August before this baby arrives. So, it will arrive ON TIME. I've already discussed this with the baby, I just want everyone else to feck off and stop wishing an early labour on me. Bastards.

ipswichwitch Mon 28-Oct-13 20:03:47

mrspatmustard (love the nn, just keep wanting to make inappropriate comments about hairy babies and putting massive tools in my box!!) the only good thing about work for me at the minute is the fact I wear scrubs which are just like pjs - feckin massive pjs in my case! but they are at least comfy

MrsPatMustard Mon 28-Oct-13 20:11:05

Thank you ipswichwitch. I love the idea of scrubs - or just oversized grandad pjs. But I'm guessing that wouldn't go down well in my office....

Bigbouncingbaby Mon 28-Oct-13 20:17:16

40+ 3 fat uncomfortable and fed up
Anaemic low platelets , can't get comfortable . Constant texts

Plus in the middle of moving house have to out 3 weeks Friday we must be mad!!

On the plus side sweep tomorrow pleeeeeease work

PinkParsnips Mon 28-Oct-13 20:32:54

Gosh yes how did I forget the heartburn?!

And worse, the reflux. Usually brought on by cake etc which is most annoying. Its at the point where I'll fall asleep, be sick in my mouth and spend the next 20 mins choking cos its gone down the wrong way.

Oh and yes to the pee leakages

And the stretchmarks. I was feeling very pleased with myself until yesterday when I noticed they were all hiding underneath my bump.

Good luck for your sweep tom bigbouncingbaby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now