Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Anybody else due and fed up!

(126 Posts)
SleepingWithABrokenHeart Tue 22-Oct-13 10:02:19

I'm due Thurs, I have a strong feeling I wont be going into labor anytime soon.

I go to bed quite early to rest and watch tv, it doesn't take long for the pain to kick in, the shitty pain that feels like you've just been kicked in your vagina apart from that, absolutely nothing!!

Fed up of having to fake a smile when people say 'he not here yet?, or aww he'll come when hes ready' I know that but MY body is ready NOW!!! arggggggggggggh...................

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Sun 27-Oct-13 21:20:44

excited grin at sneeze it out of my nose. Best of luck with the sweep tomorrow, I have one too but I'll only be 1 day overdue.

green sorry you are sick, that's shit timing. Hope it shifts soon.

Excited85 Sun 27-Oct-13 19:02:22

Fingers crossed for you Sammy, though got to say I've been doing long walks most days for past few weeks and hasn't done anything :-(

Got second sweep tomorrow at 10 days overdue - really hoping this will work as don't want an induction - the idea of an epidural really freaks me out and everything I read about inductions says you're best to have one. Having said that midwife was certain the first sweep would work but no luck there.

Argh, this must be karma for having a really straightforward pregnancy!

Emily1974 Sun 27-Oct-13 16:49:05

loads of walking (don't have to be in one go) triggered me into labour for both of my pregnancies!

sammythemummy Sun 27-Oct-13 16:40:09

Well just got in from a long walk, feel very sore but nothings happened yet.

purple its only been one day overdue but feels like a week. Come ooonnnnnn babies!!

mycatlikestwiglets Sun 27-Oct-13 15:15:08

Blimey Sleeping shock, well done you on such a whopper!

Lj8893 Sun 27-Oct-13 11:58:03

Congratulations spoonful

I'm very jealous!!! Would really like to have my baby today, but doesn't seem likely.....although I did have a crazy nesting moment last night!

SleepingWithABrokenHeart Sun 27-Oct-13 11:06:29

Congratulations spoonful

My tiny baby was a whopping 10.9

BummyMummy77 Sun 27-Oct-13 10:25:23

Congrats spoonful :D

excited you're welcome to go first. I'm too tired for labour today. I got 2 hours sleep thanks to insane ligament pain last night.

That and my twat of a dh insisting loudly all night it must be contractions and trying to call the midwife.

purple84 Sun 27-Oct-13 10:08:04

Congratulations Spoonful

envy

Sammy my due date was yesterday too, I have done EVERYTHING suggested to bring on labour but obviously NOTHING has worked, long walks just make me sore all over sad

Good luck everyone but I wouldn't be adverse to pushing you all out the way and getting next in queue SORRY blush

sammythemummy Sun 27-Oct-13 09:59:45

Due date was yesterday..not impressed.

Had my bloody show 2weeks ago and nothing since.
Been thinking of going for a loooong walk, but whats the point seeing as its not worked for any of you ladies.

Congrats to the new mummies

mycatlikestwiglets Sun 27-Oct-13 09:28:18

Massive congrats to Sleeping and Spoonful thanks. Am massively envy though, I've hardly slept in days now and am SO uncomfortable but there's no sign of anything happening. Not even due until tomorrow so I shouldn't moan really but I just want this baby out NOW!

GreenGiant3 Sun 27-Oct-13 08:48:42

Oh ladies I think I may let you all push infront today, only till I feel better though!!winkgrin

I have come down with a bug, in agony all over, being sick, cough, sore head the lot.. Think my nephew passed it on to me yesterday? Don't think I could manage labour today! confusedsad why me!

Congrats spoonful thanksthankssmile

Smerlin Sun 27-Oct-13 08:41:19

Congratulations on the new arrivals!

Update on the acupuncture- I went from 'not at all favourable' cervix on Weds to 1cm dilated and 70% effaced when midwife checked before performing a sweep yesterday ( had acupuncture session Fri) so it may have made some difference.

Sadly active labour seems to be eluding me but some progress in the right direction at least ...

Excited85 Sun 27-Oct-13 08:26:12

Congratulations sleeping and spoonful! Not at all jealous... Honestly! Lovely names :-)

Hang on a minute, I'm 9 days overdue, can I go next pretty pretty please?! I don't care if I have to sneeze it out through my nose I just want my baby now!!!!

FrogsGoWhat Sun 27-Oct-13 08:06:28

Congratulations!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasExhausted Sun 27-Oct-13 07:26:19

sleeping and spoonful congratulations, love both the names. Hope you get some rest.

lj88 it's my due date too, dd was two weeks early so I never thought I would get this far along.

I don't think I'm going to be next, we should have a race between green and bummy.

SpoonfulOfJam Sun 27-Oct-13 06:06:40

My baby boy arrived last night. 24 hour early labour- sent home twice! Thought we'd never get there. Finally went back at 8cm. Wonderful water birth. Little Gabriel 7lb 7 born on the last day of summer xxx

BummyMummy77 Sun 27-Oct-13 01:28:59

No ME next pushes Greengiant out of the way

Lj8893 Sun 27-Oct-13 00:07:43

Well its officially D-Day for me.......doesn't seem like its going to happen sigh

GreenGiant3 Sun 27-Oct-13 00:04:43

Wooohoo! Congrats sleeping thanksthanksthanks lovely name!!

Me next... Please? smilegrin

BummyMummy77 Sat 26-Oct-13 23:51:55

Woohoo! Congrats sleeping!

Lj8893 Sat 26-Oct-13 23:21:08

Aww yay!!! Congratulations sleeping how lovely for you smile

purple84 Sat 26-Oct-13 23:17:45

Congratulations Sleeping xx

I'm still waiting, today is due date....... DH took me to cinema and for meal and a walk but nothing sad

SleepingWithABrokenHeart Sat 26-Oct-13 22:34:42

Hes here!! Isaac Ray born 6.08pm smile one very wotn out mummy.. goodnight and goodluck ladies xx

ChaffinchOfDoom Sat 26-Oct-13 22:31:06

congratulations!! thanks

Lovely name . Look after yourself .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now