Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody else due and fed up!

(126 Posts)
SleepingWithABrokenHeart Tue 22-Oct-13 10:02:19

I'm due Thurs, I have a strong feeling I wont be going into labor anytime soon.

I go to bed quite early to rest and watch tv, it doesn't take long for the pain to kick in, the shitty pain that feels like you've just been kicked in your vagina apart from that, absolutely nothing!!

Fed up of having to fake a smile when people say 'he not here yet?, or aww he'll come when hes ready' I know that but MY body is ready NOW!!! arggggggggggggh...................

Readyasilleverbe Tue 22-Oct-13 22:39:17

Sleeping I'm also due thurs and as much as I'm making the most of my free time I'm ready to meet baby! Cramp tastic today but feel like this could go on for a while.....
Someone shared this with me recently and thought some of you may find it useful:
haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

SleepingWithABrokenHeart Wed 23-Oct-13 08:15:10

So sorry you've had such a tough time louise.

Ah well still no sign envy I know he'll come when hes ready. I'm more anxious about having to be induced.. I don't have very reliable childcare so that's been playing on my mind, I'm moaning to oh about it and I'm not even overdue yet!

FrogsGoWhat Wed 23-Oct-13 08:42:10

Overdue and fed up.

Heartburn, reflux, SPD and a toddler who is giving up naps. Oh and I'm an older mum as well.

Come on bump! Time to come out!

GreenGiant3 Wed 23-Oct-13 08:58:06

Anyone else wake up durning the night not tired and have to fight to go back to sleep? The past week I'm finding it so difficult to sleep, feeling poorly too, possible early labour signs? God knows.. Probably wishful thinking grin any babies on their way yet? X

Excited85 Wed 23-Oct-13 10:12:20

Green giant, I'm the same wake up around 3/4 to go to the loo and that's it then, 9 times out of 10 I can't get back to sleep! Isn't it frustrating. Given up today, 5 days over and feeling pretty low so refusing to get out of bed!!! x

Jorior Wed 23-Oct-13 10:30:19

Soooo fed up here. 10 days to go but went to 42 weeks with my other 2 so I probably have more like 3 weeks left.

DH is away loads with work, DC2 has been at home sick all week and I've been up with him in the night. All I want to do is sleep but I'm spending my days doing school runs, cooking, cleaning, entertaining and playing peacemaker between my kids.

SPD, heartburn, BH, headaches and hormones. I'm done in!

Whinge over...thanks for the platform.

Greypuddle Wed 23-Oct-13 10:45:54

I just wanted to offer so much sympathy as I was 40+12 with mine and spent those 12 days permanently enraged on my bouncing ball. I would get the texts along the lines of 'how are you?' and then, so annoying - 'ok, you haven't answered so you must be in the hospital now...'. Yes, that's right, I'm not going to tell my closest friends and family when I have a baby you fucking idiots. I hated all my friends. grin. However, I did eventually have a baby, so, you know, this pregnancy thing does seem to work after all. And he's a total genius. Good luck everyone!

mycatlikestwiglets Wed 23-Oct-13 10:52:10

Yes to the waking up and not being able to get back to sleep. It's driving me crazy! Decided to catch up on some sleep after dropping DS at nursery this morning only for MIL to phone just as I was dropping off angry.

39+3 and ready for this baby now!

SleepingWithABrokenHeart Wed 23-Oct-13 11:04:24

I wake up loads in the night to pee, I have no trouble getting back to sleep though, even when hes kicking the hell out of me. But my toilet is downstairs.. so getting up to go to the loo is a pain in the arse! stairs at 3 in the morning should be banned!!

I had some good news! Last week baby wasn't engaged at all, midwifes kept trying to reassure me that it can happen when labour starts. Well they were surprised at how far down he is and I'm 3/5th engaged, finally! If I've not had him by Monday I'll also have a sweep. I know its not much and he still might not make an appearance anytime soon but its something eh?

Smerlin Wed 23-Oct-13 13:33:58

Really fed up now! Went for sweep today but midwife couldn't do it as cervix so unfavourable. Baby still only 3/5 engaged which is the same as 2 weeks ago so not putting any pressure on the cervix. Labour seems a distant dream! :-(

Lj8893 Wed 23-Oct-13 14:35:23

I'm abit confused with the whole 5/5 or 1/5 engaged.

At 36 weeks i was free, at 38 weeks I was 1/5 engaged. In my notes it seems that's pretty much fully engaged but can anyone confirm that for me?

My baby has a really big bum I'm sure, she keeps ramming it out so I have this big round lump on top of my bump and its really uncomfortable!! Think she's twerking in there grin

BummyMummy77 Wed 23-Oct-13 14:50:51

I know the not sleeping thing. Fall asleep at 12, pee every half hour then wake up at 3 or 4.

I'm so tired! Lying in bed now hoping I can drop back off. Getting off my phone would help lol.

SleepingWithABrokenHeart Wed 23-Oct-13 18:48:27

Not sure Lj, she said he was well in the pelvic area, and the other midwife (training) said she thinks hes about 3/5ths, midwife checked and said yes. I asked her if I was engaged then and she said yes we can only feel 2/5ths of his head.

I was due at the end of the month

But I have my baby here nowsmile

purple84 Wed 23-Oct-13 22:01:35

Whiteandyellow u are a big queue jumper :P ha ha, glad all well though.

LJ 5/5 is fully engaged 1/5 is starting to engage.

And yes to every restless lady on here I have trouble getting to sleep to start with, go to bed between 10 and 11 and never get to sleep before 1am or 2am, and at least 3 toilet breaks between 3am and 7am sad
xx as well as being completely uncomfortable and waking up every time I need to turn over, basically not much sleep.

Ah only because I had a lot of health issues

I totally get why you guy are fed up though the waiting sucks

Just think any day now you'll be doing what imposing posting about bleeding and sore nipples
;)

GreenGiant3 Thu 24-Oct-13 07:49:46

I have been going to bed every night thinking tonight's THE night... But last night especially, we DTD !! I woke up a few times in pain... Did it come to anything... Pfft, sadly, no sad I'm driving myself crazy here sad

Congrats white!! Glad all is well now thankssmilethanks xxx

SleepingWithABrokenHeart Thu 24-Oct-13 08:26:47

For those that can't sleep in the night, at least you'll be ready for when baby comes? haha. I found it so hard trying to stay awake with dd1!

GreenGiant3 Thu 24-Oct-13 08:29:00

grin Sleeping - you should think night feeds will be a walk in the park for is.. Every possibility grin or not grin

FrogsGoWhat Thu 24-Oct-13 08:54:23

Well I am determined that today will be " the day", so I'm saying sod the SPD and sciatica, me and DD are going for a loooooong walk with the buggy to see if that sets anything off!

Lj8893 Thu 24-Oct-13 09:45:03

I seriously thought last night was the night. My dp got in from work at 9 and I was squirming around having really uncomfortable, bordering on painful braxton hicks.
We both thought ooooo this is it!! My dp had a quick tidy up, made us dinner and we both tried to get as much sleep as possible.

Its all stopped now sad

SpoonfulOfJam Thu 24-Oct-13 11:31:07

LJ- that's hilarious- I think my baby also enjoys twerking!

Due on Tues, been feeling crampy since Friday. I tend to feel worse in the evenings and early morning, so my husband heads to work, telling me he's on standby with his phone in his pocket, thinking today's the day. By late morning, I'm fine with nothing going on!

I think I am losing my plug though, was very wet this morning and it is much gloopier than usual (bleurgh.... sorry TMI).

I am just really hoping things progress naturally and I don't need to be induced. You may all think I'm crazy but I am going to refuse the sweep I have been offered for Monday (39+6). While I have never felt more uncomfortable in my whole life (also have a downstairs loo, pp) I want to see what my body will do on its own.

Hang in there, in a couple of months, none of us will even remember this time in limbo!

mycatlikestwiglets Thu 24-Oct-13 11:42:49

I'm with you Spoonfull, will be 40 weeks on Monday and my mw mentioned doing a sweep. I'm not interested - partly for the same reason as you and partly because it was really disheartening going for a sweep in my last pregnancy and being told it couldn't be done as the cervix was completely closed (I also HATE internals). I'm just prepared to wait it out this time and am currently planning to refuse induction too (although hoping I won't go that far overdue anyway obviously!).

mycatlikestwiglets Thu 24-Oct-13 14:11:23

I was out and about earlier and a completely random woman actually shouted at me "oh my God! You'd better not walk too far". Thanks for that you total bitch stranger, I hadn't realised I was heavily pregnant until you decided to bellow at me in the street hmm

Lj8893 Thu 24-Oct-13 14:19:33

Oh twiglets I would have given her a massive death stare!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now