Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Noisy bump...

(11 Posts)
Fakebook Mon 21-Oct-13 09:42:31

I had this with dd1. I would hear a popping sound. When she was born she was the clickiest baby ever. Her little ankles were so flimsy and her kneecaps would click every time I changed her. Her legs were absolutely fine though and she started walking at 10 months and recently won the running race on sports day at school wink grin.

Lj8893 Mon 21-Oct-13 08:53:27

Yep! I posted a thread about this a few weeks ago.

The first time I heard it I fully expected my waters to go as I had been told you can sometimes hear a pop when they go.

To me it sounds like it could be an air bubble or something like that.

It still freaks me out everytime I hear it!

BiscuitBeast Mon 21-Oct-13 08:45:48

*clicking

Clucking really would be a cause for concern!

I had this with my DD. I asked the midwife and she honestly looked at me like I was delusional.
The sound came from the same area of my bump and was really loud sometimes.

When she was born she had one slightly immature hip joint that clicked, that fixed itself within two weeks of birth (possibly caused by a short stint of being breech) and her shoulders were clicky. They weren't fussed about the shoulders as it's not a ball and socket joint.

She's a year old now and still is very clicky (like me) and her shoulders click all the time. Especially when dressing her or lifting her up etc.

Good luck with your baby. Hope it all goes well.

BiscuitBeast Mon 21-Oct-13 08:08:06

Always comforting to know you're not alone! Thanks for the link - hasn't really answered the question but I think the baby joints clucking to me sounds the most plausible?! Thanks!

DaleyBump Mon 21-Oct-13 00:11:54

Not that recent, it was a month ago shock well, here it is if you fancy a read smile

DaleyBump Sun 20-Oct-13 23:59:06

Me too me too! I had a thread about this recently, I'll have a hunt for it.

BiscuitBeast Sun 20-Oct-13 23:17:39

I'm seeing midwife on Thursday so will ask her about it at the appointment. Let's see if anyone else can shed any light in the mean time!

terilou87 Sun 20-Oct-13 23:02:39

Clicky hips, damn auto correct

terilou87 Sun 20-Oct-13 23:02:03

I had this with my ds( he will be 1 next month) I read loads of stuff like it was baby having clicks hip ect, my midwife at the time said something about an air bubble. In waters but I didn't quite get where an air bubble would come from so I never found out exactly what it was, anyway he was born with no problems at all, would be interesting to find out the correct reason behind it x

BiscuitBeast Sun 20-Oct-13 22:43:58

I'm 39+5 and this evening when baby has been squirming around I have heard loud clicking sounds on occasion. Anyone else experience this and/or maybe know what these odd sounds are? (Sounds like baby is cracking his knuckles in there - terrible habit for such a young age grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now