Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itchy palms 37 weeks - anyone had this?

(17 Posts)
LST Tue 22-Oct-13 20:32:52

How are you feeling op?

MummyofIsla Tue 22-Oct-13 20:04:52

Nope no illness at all, just itching that would have you climbing the walls!

LST Mon 21-Oct-13 21:52:53

I was 100% fine. Just had itchy palms and ankles. As I was so close to term they induced me the day I turned 38 weeks.

Quangle Mon 21-Oct-13 20:51:00

I had no symptoms at all and no itching but I think I was a very borderline case. In retrospect, it was no bad thing as it was caught and it meant DS was born in a very controlled fashion, two weeks early, just when I was thinking I couldn't go on another day with this wretched pregnancy grin

disclaimer: I am a massive moaner when it comes to pg so was happy to have the end date brought forward dramatically. You may be less of a moaner than me...

EllaRees Mon 21-Oct-13 19:38:39

Thanks everyone. I saw GP first thing and she was very unexcited but sent me off for blood test so waiting for results. I did initially assume it was allergy unrelated to pg and it was only dratted google that made alarm bells ring.

Did those who have had OC feel unwell or just the itching?

LittleRobots Mon 21-Oct-13 01:16:09

Hope you've been seen. I had itchy hands and pang maternity. They were lovel and told me to come in immediately and got me monitored up. Turned out to be an allergy but if its oc they need you in.

Good luck.

SomethingOnce Mon 21-Oct-13 01:13:52

Yep, I was going to say possible OC.

Please get seen at the very earliest opportunity.

LST Sun 20-Oct-13 21:50:59

I had it at exactly 37 weeks. I ended up having a night in hospital and needed to be monitored until 38 weeks daily until I could be induced. It was OC. I wasn't unwell or anything and DS was fine.

I'd ring MAU

Haribojoe Sun 20-Oct-13 21:48:27

Classic symptoms of OC, please ring labour ward/triage now. You need to be seen tonight.

DaleyBump Sun 20-Oct-13 21:43:22

Get it checked out now.

MummyofIsla Sun 20-Oct-13 21:33:07

Get in touch with a health professional ASAP! I had OC around the same stage of pregnancy and first sign was horrendously itchy palms and soles of my feet. If its untreated it can lead to stillbirth so well well worth getting checked out.

roweeena Sun 20-Oct-13 21:30:49

Ring the midwife & tell them ASAP

Quangle Sun 20-Oct-13 21:18:56

I had obstetric cholestasis but without the itchy hands - it was spotted via a blood test and DS was born (CS) the following day. Very important to get it checked asap - good luck tomorrow!

EllaRees Sun 20-Oct-13 21:16:28

Thanks, I was home alone with DC1 and couldn't get out today but will see GP tomorrow.

DaleyBump Sun 20-Oct-13 13:54:22

Agree with Whats, get yourself checked today.

WhatsHisChops Sun 20-Oct-13 13:48:03

I would get this checked out ASAP if I were you, go straight to your nearest A and E. OC often develops at this stage of pregnancy, best to be cautious. Good luck :-)

EllaRees Sun 20-Oct-13 13:44:23

Hi, I have had itchy palms and soles of feet (less so) with no rash but very hot for about 48 hrs. I googled and found the obstetric cholestasis info but can't speak to GP today, and can't tell whether this can just be a standard pregnancy annoyance from the oestrogen, with nothing more sinister at work. Has anyone had this symptom?

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now