Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

DC3 bump size!

(17 Posts)
Rosduk Sat 19-Oct-13 17:12:58

I'm only 10 weeks but clearly pregnant. I must be the size I was at 20 weeks with my first.

Eek! Is this normal??

GreatJoanUmber Sat 19-Oct-13 17:33:14

Yes, sadly!
I've had about 5 people asking me this week if baby's due any day now, and I've still got about 3 months left to go... hmm

Same here. Not sure yet how far along I am but I feel enormous. I keep imagining going for my scan and finding out there's twins in there. GreatJoanUmber your comment makes me nervous, I was huge with DS2 grin

I felt bigger sooner but at 37+6 al smaller than with either of my other two.

Who knows. Last night I dreamed he had been born weighing 20lb and it was awkward explaining to everyone...

shelley72 Sat 19-Oct-13 17:45:47

Hmm about 11 months ago I was in the same boat as you, was about 8 weeks pregnant and felt huge. But in the end I never had a bigger bump than I did with my previous two. I think it was just bloating and too many cakes and it did settle down.

Aw. Little babies envy Good luck!

Bearfrills Sat 19-Oct-13 17:54:21

I'm pregnant with DC3, 22wks and - according to everyone - I'm 'absolutely massive'. One of the ladies at work even told her friend who is 40wks with her first that I'm bigger than she is!

I was bigger sooner with DC2 but ended up balancing out and by around 30-32 weeks was no bigger than I was with DC1. Baby was also measuring slightly small for dates at my 20wk scan (still within the expecte range though) which makes me think he might be petite like DD and not hulking like DS.

GreatJoanUmber Sat 19-Oct-13 19:17:39

pinkandsparkly I don't think I could get any bigger overall than I was with my DS2 (quote from my sister: "Wow, you are bigger than me when I was pregnant with the twins!").
I think you just expand much quicker - comparing my bump pictures, I'm about the size now (28w) that I was at 36w with DS2. And probably way way bigger than with DS1; I only started showing at about 22wks with him!

Rosduk Sat 19-Oct-13 20:41:29

Somebody did say to me that they didn't end up bigger than previous pregnancies they just got bigger earlier and quicker so hoping that's the case!

Frecklesandspecs Sat 19-Oct-13 20:43:05

Absolutely! I looked pregnant before I took the pregnancy test :-P (about 3 weeks!)
having said that I've put on less weight this time and feel better (38 now)
carrying all out front rather than all around! (first boy)

Frecklesandspecs Sat 19-Oct-13 20:45:35

I don't think I'm any bigger now at the end than with the others. if anything I'm smaller as I've eaten less this pregnancy and had a lot more excersize.

GoMommaGo Sat 19-Oct-13 21:52:24

Hmmm I'm trying to eat less move more but isn't that easy with pgp, I would say like others upthread my bump has got to large size quicker but seems to have plateaued a bit (measure according to dates though) but I mean in terms of how I feel, felt huge very quick and do now have odd expressions when I say I'm not due until end dec but I am still active, mostly not waddling yet and feel fairly nippy......rather like a small compact city car vs a great hulking 4wd grin

Indigoviolet3 Mon 21-Oct-13 18:16:31

I am 6 weeks pregnant with#3 and am the same size as I was at 16 weeks with the previous two! Have had to admit it to everyone as can't hide it, what happens if something goes wrong? sad

Peacenquiet2 Mon 21-Oct-13 23:46:30

Well im also on dc3 and just at 20 weeks this week. Up till now id been feeling quite smug about my none existant bump but this last few days ive suddenly expanded and reckon im easy as big as i was at 30 weeks with dc1!

I honestly cant believe how its appeared from seemingly nowhere and got so prominent so quick, really hoping it doesnt carry on at this rate.

I only had smallish bumps with other 2 dcs so was hoping for same again but think thats wishful thinking now :-$

hel123 Tue 22-Oct-13 08:57:26

Ha, I am 10 weeks too with my third and I can definitely see a bump (or is it biscuits - not sure). But even worse are my boobs which are now 3 cup sizes bigger and still growing, it is literally obscene. Really struggling now with clothes, but not ready to go into maternity yet as then I would have to confess all and don't want to until I've had my scan. ARGH!

With my previous 2 I actually lost weight (about 1 stone) each time in the first trimester as I felt terrible, this time I still feel terrible but I have gained about 9lbs, most of it boobs.

Really dreading what I will look like come 40 weeks, last time I bumped into my doctor when I was 41 weeks and counting and in her words, she had 'never seen anyone looking so massive and miserable'! Oh joy... was size of house.

SaucyJack Tue 22-Oct-13 09:41:06

22 weeks with DD3, and I'm already having "Not long to go now" comments.

sleepywombat Tue 22-Oct-13 13:47:29

25 weeks with ds3. MASSIVE. Getting the hip twinges/spd that I had with ds1 in the last few weeks. Had 'not long to go now' comments for a while. And disbelief when I tell them I'm due end of January. Also 4 separate air stewards asking me if I was safe to fly when we went away 3 weeks ago. Grrr.

Carlsowski Tue 22-Oct-13 21:56:30

I am so glad it's fairly normal to show so soon with DC3.

I'm not ready to tell all yet as I am RH neg blood type so waiting for 12 week scan to see all is ok first.

My tummy begins reasonably flat at the beginning of the day at 10 weeks but by the afternoon it's doubled in size and after dinner with the bloating and indigestion/heartburn (can't tell which it is) I look like I did at 20 weeks with DC2 and it's all bloating with previous diastasis not holding in any sins.

May I add, Renee tablets are THEE best!

I begin the day at work with 1 button on my normal size trousers undone and get home with the other button and zip totally down.

I've been telling my daughter 'mummy's tummy is fat because she gave up smoking' but that's not going to fool her for much longer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now