Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy and discharge.

(14 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Sat 19-Oct-13 12:18:17

Hi ladies, I just wanted to ask if despite being pregnant you are still having vaginal discharge of varying consistencies? I'm sorry if any of this is TMI.

I'm 17 weeks and 2 days and over the last week I have had to wear panty liners everyday as I'm having moist discharge. Do you ever get that sensation of just 'feeling wet' down there? This morning it has progressed to being very runny but clear in colour.

I thought all types of CM were supposed to stop during pregnancy??

alice93 Sat 19-Oct-13 13:09:46

No, you can get discharge in pregnancy. I have had it the whole pregnancy so far (28+5weeks). Mine is because of a minor infection that won't disappear. But it's nothing to get worried about, just mention it next time to your midwife.

SinkyMalinks Sat 19-Oct-13 13:27:00

I've had the same. I'm told its normal, keeping everything clean (as long as it's not smelly/funny coloured etc).

HotCrossPun Sat 19-Oct-13 13:41:18

Increased discharge is totally normal during pregnancy. And of course it's not TMI, everybody has it!

IneedAsockamnesty Sat 19-Oct-13 13:48:13

Its so normal I would be confused if it didn't happen,

Obviously keep an eye out for signs of infection and thrush but other than that stop fretting

Writerwannabe83 Sat 19-Oct-13 13:55:24

I haven't stopped fretting since I got my BFP grin

Thanks for all your reassurances - I've had a few bleeds during the pregnancy so am always on edge that something just isn't 'right'. I panic about everything smile

Discharge is clear and not offensive at the moment but I can be prone to thrush so I will keep an eye out for any changes - thanks for the tip.

IneedAsockamnesty Sat 19-Oct-13 13:59:36

Lots of women are very prone to increased thrush during pregnancy,if your prone to it normally it may be worth making sure you have a combi pack hanging about just incase.

cakeandcustard Sat 19-Oct-13 19:32:37

I've needed to resort to panty liners too blush I asked the midwife about it last week & she said its very common and unless its running down your legs wet, or smelly etc, its nothing to worry about.

Stom91 Sat 19-Oct-13 19:37:40

I have discharge too.. Its clear but smells... Like I can smell myself it's horrible. I'm forever changing my underwear because I can smell that it smells.... But irs nor sore. Or itchy or discoloured... Should I be worried?

Writerwannabe83 Sat 19-Oct-13 22:28:13

I think if it has got to the point where you can smell it to the extent you describe then you should mention it to your midwife or GP. They may just want to examine you or take a swab just to make sure nothing is brewing x

IneedAsockamnesty Sat 19-Oct-13 22:41:28

Stom,

Check your not using scented or control liners they can smell mega bad and give you bad thrush

Stom91 Sat 19-Oct-13 23:23:46

Im not using liners as they make me itch and get a rash..
I'm not sure I'd it's the discharge or I've peed a lil from incontinence lol

Writerwannabe83 Sun 20-Oct-13 10:32:07

That's the problem I'm having Stom. I have always used tampons during periods because sanitary towels make me feel so itchy, my skin goes extremely dry, red and so, so sore.

All those delightful symptoms have returned now I'm having to use panty liners most days, all I want to do is scratch!! I'm using various moisturising creams to try and soothe the skin but it's not having much effect sad

IneedAsockamnesty Sun 20-Oct-13 11:13:47

Some of those creams may be contributing towards the issue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now