Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do we find out the sex of the baby this time?

(27 Posts)
Lottystar Sun 13-Oct-13 11:22:29

I've just found out I'm pregnant with my third baby, we already have two beautiful boys aged 2 1/2 and 1 1/2. This will be our final little one and we planned to have them close together in age. It's very early days yet, just a few weeks, but I'm already wondering whether we should find out the gender of this baby. We found out with both the boys (just due to excitement and impatience really) and this would be our last chance to have a surprise. I'm just interested to know the experience of others and if you think it was even more special to wait?

GreatJoanUmber Mon 14-Oct-13 18:17:09

Similar situation to you - I have 2 DSs and now pregnant with our third DC, due in Jan.
I found out with both boys as I really wanted to know!! And partly because DH had his heart set on having daughters. He was very disappointed with #1 and it took him a few weeks to come around, but he was fine when he was born.
With DS2 he was a bit less disappointed and came round in about 5 minutes.
This pregnancy was very unexpected, so in a way I think it was meant to be a surprise and it will stay this way wink.
I have always wanted two boys, so now that I've got my boys I don't mind what we're having this time. And it's also my last chance to ever experience that surprise at birth!

You sound like you're not that bothered about having either (even though you do have a preference), so I'd say go for the surprise!

SaucyJack Mon 14-Oct-13 18:43:49

We found out last week that we're having another girl (or a eunuch) in Feb grin

Was so convinced it must be my turn for a boy. I don't think finding out at any point would have spoiled it for me.

I still can't believe it really. I nearly had a row with the sonographer when she said our "son" didn't have a penis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now