Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Preggo Rage.

(452 Posts)
ladymalfoy Thu 10-Oct-13 18:03:01

Husband eating too load for my liking. He's keeping his mouth closed but eating very quickly and just making way too much noise. I really want to scream and yell at him to stfu but I know its hormones. And he's talking too loud. I'm so close to meltdown.

ChickenMe Fri 14-Nov-14 23:04:50

Very funny. But I'm enraged too.

OH chewing loudly.

Jessie J's face and singing really winding me up.

Jessie J came on theTV. Had to shout at OH "turn the channel over now or I will kill her". Oh dear. Must've been convincing tho as he obeyed. (Disclaimer-I wouldn't kill anyone just am v uncomfortable this week and also have a cold. Hope you understand).

CleaninQueen Fri 14-Nov-14 14:06:49

The fact that I can't keep anything down.
Why mil asks why I don't have a nice bump yet. Because I'm only 14 weeks and looked bloated. The fact that all I want is junk food and we have none, rage at dh.

LouMum14 Fri 14-Nov-14 10:09:25

smogsville I read the biting ones to my DH! Haha! DH seems to think that I was at my cutest when tantrumming on the floor in late pregnancy the last time, so I'm really not going to hold back this time.

Raging at the mother now. I rang for a bit of support and a 'phone cuddle' (she's in England, I'm in Scotland so don't see each other much) last night as it was seriously one of the lowest days I have ever had with the constant sickness and combined with a day long headache and being 14 weeks gone, so was stupidly hoping I would be out of the woods by now; she just laughed at me and told me to ring Princess Kate for advice. 'Ring Kate, haha' 'What?!' 'You know, Princess Kate, she had morning sickness didn't she! Haha!' Furiouser and furiouser. I hung up. blush

smogsville Thu 13-Nov-14 22:39:21

I've read some of these to DH and he now thinks I'm normal. Thanks everyone. I loved the one about going out in the car so MIL 'will think I'm dead'.

baby5ontheway Thu 13-Nov-14 14:29:21

Well that has got to be the best thing I've ever read! Thanks everyone, you have just made my day, some of these posts are hilarious grin

LouMum14 Wed 12-Nov-14 14:56:19

Just taken a rage at my packet of Mars mix. No fucking crunchy ones in it apart from the one at the beginning. WTF? I kept hoping for one and no, just a load of chewy ones! RAGE.

My friends are all raging on my behalf about my sister so I feel much better about that now ha!

dayspringjubilee Wed 12-Nov-14 14:27:29

Today's rage brought to you by my local surgery, who left a voicemail less than an hour before my antenatal class to tell me it was cancelled. Outraged for husband, who had taken a precious afternoon off and was all the way at the surgery before I managed to get in touch with him to let him know. And now I have to spend the afternoon at work after all >sad

LouMum14 Wed 12-Nov-14 13:53:28

Had my scan yesterday, 14 weeks tomorrow with my due date a week after my sister's birthday. She kicked off the last time when DD's due date was a week and a bit before her birthday, so I anticipated her response. Told her the news of the scan and the date: 'make sure you don't have it a week early, it's my birthday!!!!!' Rage. Ragey rage. Sorry for inconveniencing you again you selfish bitch. Go fuck yourself. My rage is easing by the hilarious fact that it is highly likely I will be having a c section again and that that will probably be booked in for the week before my due date.

I'd be thrilled if she had a child on my birthday. In fact my friend's due date was my birthday and I was stoked! I know it's irrational and silly but it really puts my back up! I found the fuss she created the last time offensive, and I'm finding it even more offensive this time. angry

ChickenMe Tue 11-Nov-14 18:15:17

Just put the cat in time out

Fishcotheque Tue 11-Nov-14 16:18:40

Mil is apparently coming round this evening. I don't want to see anyone. I can't take it and am going out in the car. (It's not that bad as she didn't say a time). Then she will worry and think I have died.

MumaBex Tue 11-Nov-14 12:28:39

Oh my god im just about to lose it. DH has stayed home from work the last 2 days as i was due yesterday and he is driving me fucking nuts! (excuse the language). He constantly eats and has his computer up really loud. I know it shouldnt annoy me as much as it is, but ffs. He has eaten 8 packets of crisps and 18 chocolate bars in 2 days!! Which means i have to go to the supermarket again for DS packet lunch stuff. This isnt helpful its just annoying!

MissHobart Tue 11-Nov-14 11:43:56

This thread is fucking genius! Thanks for bringing it back from the dead! We're not alone! grin

dayspringjubilee Mon 10-Nov-14 14:39:15

I haven't felt so frequently furious over nothing since I was 13. Drivers AND pedestrians are idiots. So are people that ring the doorbell to get into my office, our cleaner, plastic carrier bags that won't open in under 80 seconds, the car dealership way across town for selling me a car that needs fixed once a week, 'What To Expect' for telling me to have sugar "occasionally", the friend who told me that all scented candles except soy candles give you cancer, people who have parked in spaces I need to park in, and people who are in the McDonalds drive-thru when I really need chicken nuggets. And whoever came up with the Costa gluten-free turkey wrap. Also, this morning I nearly caused two accidents (I could have SWORN no one was coming both times), which is not like me, and on both occasions led to a panicked crying jag. I think pregnant ladies should be able to go home from work to watch Christmas movies and eat cookies whenever they want. I love everyone normally but some of these days my baby is the only person I like ;)

browneyedgirly Mon 10-Nov-14 14:26:42

I love all your comments and rants so much - completely feel your rage and it makes me feel a lot more sane. Had a complete meltdown over a coat hanger and a banana recently made infinitely worse by my DH telling me I was behaving like an arsehole. He's never ever called me any names before, he's such a mild mannered man. It made me really laugh and then really cry in under minute. Poor bloke had no idea what was happening.

Burmama Mon 10-Nov-14 05:56:48

Just went to bakery for lunchtime baguette. They are out of bread. Couldn't make this shit up if I tried. RAGE.

Burmama Mon 10-Nov-14 02:52:49

Could not <3 this thread anymore. 28 weeks and got the rage yesterday during lunch. How can a restaurant be out of burgers ffs???

Jodie1982 Sun 09-Nov-14 23:25:33

Omg I feel so much better after reading some of these, DP is sleeping on sofa tonight as his breathing and sleepy noises are making me almost attack him! (He slaps his lips n makes Gross noises) I sleep so much better without him in my bed. 5th pregnancy Nd it's my most psychotic yet. shock

Tryingreallyhard84 Sun 09-Nov-14 21:02:22

This is brilliant. Gold. Solid gold. grin

GnomieGrace Sun 09-Nov-14 19:24:05

I am bumping this thread as it has helped me so much with my recent preggo rage!

rockin20s Mon 24-Mar-14 21:40:24

have had sleep insomnia since 4 weeks, now 14 weeks and i have slept a full 7 hour night once!!

last night i could only get comfy on my right side, but DH get rolling over and breathing into my face! i very nearly kicked him onto the floor.

i would turn over, half waking him, he would also turn over (away form me). i later fall asleep and roll back to my right side to be awoken an hour later with the heavier, loudest breather an inch from my face. this repeated ALL night.

i dont know how my DH was still alive by morning! i showed alot of restraint last night! not sure if i can do the same tonight!

flymo79 Mon 24-Mar-14 12:50:34

am in the rage because DP got me lost at the weekend. was following him, having said as I got in the car, don't lose me, I don't know where I'm going, and at the first frigging turning he swung out in front of a line of cars and was gone. I honestly could have suffocated him in his sleep that night!

topmammy Sat 22-Mar-14 20:47:55

Can empathise with you there Boogles, My mum and my DH both think it is 'entertaining' watching how I eat for some reason! hmm lol. Annoying.

I'm feeling pregnancy rage coming on at the mo as my DH has been practising air drumming all sorts of rhythms on his legs/furniture for well over an hour now, arrrgghhhh it's going right through me angry

lilone1234 Sat 22-Mar-14 10:49:37

Oh my this is hilarious! I knew that you would feel hormonal when pregnant but I never knew preggo rage was such an epidemic. I am constantly angry at everyone I come across on a day to day basis. Particularly people on public transport (let people off before you get on, and just hurry up because I don't have all day!) and customers at work (I try to keep this hate to myself). Poor DP gets the brunt of it though (but he could just pick stuff up off the floor/clean up/hang towel up/put clothes in washing basket the first 50 times i've asked).

Phew.

weebigmamma Sat 22-Mar-14 08:48:24

My daughter asked me if my husband and I were going to get divorced the other day because I was SO ANGRY that he had bough Diet Coke instead of Sprite. I had to explain to her about the preggo rage....

CyberMuddle Fri 21-Mar-14 15:47:51

I've just had pregnancy rage because someone walking down the street looked at me funny through my living room window while I was trying to eat boiled eggs and toast soldiers. I actually threw a glass of water at the wall (which somehow didn't break) I was so enraged, and suddenly have no appetite. WTAF is wrong with me?

I'm off to locate a grip, and some net curtains. We have blinds but they were up as they cut out too much light...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now