Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Preggo Rage.

(452 Posts)
ladymalfoy Thu 10-Oct-13 18:03:01

Husband eating too load for my liking. He's keeping his mouth closed but eating very quickly and just making way too much noise. I really want to scream and yell at him to stfu but I know its hormones. And he's talking too loud. I'm so close to meltdown.

BummyMummy77 Mon 11-Nov-13 14:50:27

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Mil has just rung to say maybe I should go and get a c section if I can't cope with being pregnant. They were her exact words.

I know I have raging hormones but I'm really starting to dislike the woman.

Emilycee Mon 11-Nov-13 16:11:30

Maybe she should go and get her mouth sewn up! fucking MILs!

Rhibeetee Mon 11-Nov-13 16:36:37

Ahhh bummy! What is it with mils?!
You've read how much I think of mine!!

Also, while we're raging...I had my 3rd sweep today...still high and closed. Great.
Booked in for 3rd induction on Saturday. Brilliant.
DHs birthday is on Saturday...he doesn't want to share it. Prick.

And as if all that wasn't bad enough, there are 4 of us locally, that know each other, that were all due within a couple of weeks of each other. My due date was 2nd in line.
2 have had their babies and the other is 1-2cms dilated AND had her bloody show today.
Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy for them all....but why the fuck am I being tortured and having to be last AGAIN?!

This happens every time I'm pregnant. Fuck off cervix!

OnTheRunFromTheAcademe Mon 11-Nov-13 16:49:03

I am starting to dislike her on your behalf Bummy.

Speaking of which, my PILs are coming to stay at the end of the month for a week. A week! If I haven't committed violence by the end of it it will be a miracle.

ladymalfoy Wed 13-Nov-13 17:54:25

Signed off at the moment and MW says I should be signed off until my employers can kick start Mat leave. Fucked off because work have let me down by being more concerned about keeping my cover sweet than dealing with the fact that she's a trouble making, lying poop head.

BummyMummy77 Wed 13-Nov-13 18:08:43

Rhib - LOL @ dh not wanting to share birthday!! Is he 5 years old lol?!

On the Run - a week? Fuck that. I'd be a wreck.

Malfoy, that's shitty, is said poophead after your job?

At 41 weeks today it's pretty difficult to actually get my lovely rage anymore but I managed this morning.

I bought a Moby wrap from Amazon. The fact that it took a month to come annoyed me and when I saw it was from China and a fake, well, I found my rage again.

What has pissed me off more than anything is me contacting the seller to tell them it's a fake (which obviously they know) and I want my money back they've told me they'll only give me my money back if I take down my feedback on them saying they're selling fakes. And that Amazon seem pretty unconcerned about the fact that someone is selling fake baby products through them. They've offered me a gift card for the amount and asked me to throw the wrap away.

Nobody is getting my fucking point (and the point Moby made when I spoke to them and confirmed it's totally bogus) that they are selling untested baby slings that could have been exposed to God knows what chemicals, the stitching could be unsafe etc etc! It's not a sodding cd or pair of fake Jimmy Choos, I'll be carrying my precious newborn around in it with no clothes on (sometimes) and his face right up against this stuff. Fine, give me back my $40 and take it no further, let loads of other people buy it. In fact, this whole 9 months I've watched what I've eaten and all the nice, pricey organic mattress and sheets etc I bought may as well just chuck out and start smoking some crack.

Where's the bloody liability?!

I'm going to report the seller and amazon to a consumer safety board. When I find out exactly who and what they are and find some more rage to do it.

ladymalfoy Wed 13-Nov-13 18:47:27

Bummy. Sorry but lol at you smoking crack whilst wearing your knock off sling!
It is shit that folks really don't give a stuff about safety and baby stuff. It's like a Simpsons episode. The doll with the sharp spike inside?
Or other people will buy you really dodgy stuff for the baby then look at you funny because you sniffed a glass of wine.

BummyMummy77 Wed 13-Nov-13 23:35:27

Malfoy - right?!

The amount of shit I've got for having the occasional wine or being so irresponsible and selfish as to have a home birth and being 41 weeks and they're buying me polyester fucking bumpers for the cot and telling me I'm being weird not taking him to a party with 60+ people in the height of flu season.

I'm moving to a desert island ON MY OWN.

froubylou Thu 14-Nov-13 02:41:40

I have the rage again too.

DP done his ankle at work on Monday. It's a mess granted.

But I am 35 weeks pregnant and can't find much sympathy for anyone who dares to hog my sofa when I need it. Then shout and ask me what I am doing every 3 minutes when I am trying to nest. And he makes my living room look untidy and lived in when I want it pristine looking. And I am jealous of all the lovely drugs he has. I would love a couple of tramadol and a good night's sleep.

And my hips ache.

BummyMummy77 Thu 14-Nov-13 07:41:29

Tramadol. Mmmmm lovely tramadol. Hide it.

My friend has just given birth last week. A month ago her dh went white water rafting and smashed up his leg and hip. He's in chair for 3 months. In a 2nd floor flat. And didn't have insurance so now they have a medical bill of $40,000.

She's happy he's still alive and running arounf after him.

My dh would probably not BE alive if he did anything as arsewankingly stupid as that.

froubylou Thu 14-Nov-13 08:01:46

Neither would mine bunny.

The fucker wanted to know whether we had bacon and eggs in for breakfast this morning. WTF? it's Thursday. Breakfast is whatever you can find.

Told him I'd do him a continental breakfast if he clears top of wardrobe later.

He wasn't expecting a cup of coffee and a couple of aldi brioche breads chucking at him.

Now he is in the bath the knobber. DD trying to get ready for school and I will need 3 wees before the school run. If he has locked the door I will kick it in.

He better be back at work tomorrow. Have 5 weeks to edd tomorrow and got things to do and he severly gets in my way.

itsonlyapapermoon Thu 14-Nov-13 08:53:39

I've got the rage with stupid arrogant middle-aged women drivers in this town. Honestly, why can't they buy a car that they can actually drive? Oh no, they buy fucking shit-mobiles that they can't see over the steering wheel, and have to do million-point turns to manoeuvre the fucking things. And then give me an arsey look because I have the audacity to be waiting in the road along with the other cars banking up while they attempt to drive. Honestly bitches, learn how to navigate the fucking carpark, or catch the bus. I may have shouted, "Learn how to fucking drive, wankface!" out the window...

MrsPatMustard Thu 14-Nov-13 12:24:00

If one more person says to me' gosh, you're going to have a big baby, aren't you?' or 'blimey, you're very big for 6 months along' I swear I'm going to go mad with an axe. Has it occured to none of these people that i have to actually give birth to this supposed monster and i'm shitting myself about it??? Torn between rage and wanting to sob.

BummyMummy77 Thu 14-Nov-13 14:01:37

If dh asked what we had in for breakfast.... well, he just wouldn't.

Papermoon - that wound me up WAY before pregnancy. I used to do school runs in Hampstead and Chelsea and the only word I can use to describe those monstrous women with their monstrous trucks is cunts. Hampstead was the worst as the roads are so small so they'd get stuck. The amount of times I had to get out of my car, help them through gaps that you could have gotten a herd of cows through I've forgotten. And you have to smile sweetly.

Mustard - that's so horrible. I asked people to stop saying it. They would actually say "whooo that's a 10 pounder, probably a c section".

I have rage. Awake AGAIN at 2am with stomach cramping. I'm feeling rage at my stupid body, spiteful uterus and stubborn baby.

Hi, have been reading along empathising with the rage!

My front door handle has been needing fixed forever, reported it to my shitty landlord at the flat inspection about 14 months ago, kept getting the run around by their waste of space of a repair guy. Started on at them again to come out and fix it since I'm on maternity leave, waited in all day Tuesday for no one to show up, dickhead called yesterday to rearrange so told him I would be in all day until 2, guess who's been sitting in again all day for nothing angry

itsonlyapapermoon Thu 14-Nov-13 20:45:16

Mustard, I've been getting that too! ""Ooh, how long now?"
"7 weeks"
"Wow! You're big, aren't you?"

No. No I'm fucking not. This is my 4th baby and all things considered, I think I'm quite neat. I'm only 5'4, sz 12 and am all baby, and even then my bump isn't that huge. So fuck off.

Also...stretch marks. AAARRGGHH. I hardly got any with the other 3 but my god my stomach is itching like a mofo, regardless of what I put on it. Especially at night. Think I should start wearing mittens to bed.confused

BummyMummy77 Sun 17-Nov-13 23:44:58

DH has been in full 'prick' mode tonight.

My back hurts so much I've been sobbing all day, I asked him to give it a rub for a while and he sits on his iPad not even looking, jabbing way too hard and making it worse.

Then tonight I'm trying to talk to him about how I don't know if I can hold out much longer, I'm in constant agony with my back now and nearly 2 weeks over and am really considering scraping the whole home birth thing and getting induced. I'm terrified the back pain is going to make the labour unbearable as I'm getting no pain relief. I was trying to have a dialogue about making a decision to change all of our plans.

He just sits there grunting on his iPad, looking at boats.

What the fuck? I've carried this child for over 9 months now, been as sick as a dog for 4 of it, put up with his unbearable family and now I really need someone to talk to and some support as I'm reaching the end of my tether he can't even pretend to be interested for 5 fucking minutes?!

I flipped out and started screaming so much my throat is now sore, I pointed out that all of this no drug, no hospital crap was by no means for ME. If it weren't for me trying to make decisions based on baby's health and our finances I'd be in hospital by now, up to my fucking eyeballs in whatever lovely drugs I could get my hands on and the least he could do was pretend he appreciate my efforts and not be such a uninterested cunt.

I'm so mad I really hope I don't go into labour tonight as I can't bear to have the shithead anywhere near me.

I don't expect men to have a first clue of what we're going through or to care as much but at least the useless cunts could pretend.

BummyMummy77 Mon 18-Nov-13 00:37:03

He just made me a bacon sandwich. I'm still angry though.

dobedobedo Mon 18-Nov-13 06:58:41

I woken up with the rage today. angry
About 8 months ago I booked tickets for dh and I to see one of our favourite comedians. We've been looking forward to it so much. On Saturday, ds's drama club told us the "end of year performance" is the following Friday. When we're supposed to go see the comedian. Bunch of short notice bastards. Ds is the main character and it's the first time he's had such a big part and I couldn't live with myself if I missed it. I can't get tickets to another comedy show as the other venues are too far away so I've reluctantly said dh can go and take his dad.

So dh is going and taking his dad! The bastard! I bought the tickets, I kept them a surprise for months, and now I can't go and he is?! I'm raging.
Yes I know that I'm choosing not to go and I wouldn't let ds down (he's only 8), but if I'm fucking missing out then dh should fucking miss out too. Or at least not act so excited about going.
I'm being very unreasonable and I don't care. Fuck all of them.

Emilycee Mon 18-Nov-13 10:09:57

I wish my lazy dirty fucking dh would use the fucking bog brush after he goes for his morning shit! Dirty fucker angry grrrrrrrrrr! why do they turn into pigs when they think they've 'got you'?!

livingzuid Mon 18-Nov-13 11:37:53

DH did not put my orange capri-sun in the freezer. It is the ONE THING that takes my nausea and need to vomit away, even with my lovely tablets from the Dr. Selfish sod couldn't be bothered to bend down and put them in the freezer I don't care if he's been doing all the house work for the last two months. If I puke in the car on the way to work then he only has himself to blame and can clear it up as penance.

Btw bummymummy I really hope your baby arrives soon that sounds miserable for you

qazxc Mon 18-Nov-13 11:53:22

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Why do people that stink always invade my personal space at work! I mean really minging, not washing, stale fag, manky greasy smell generally with booze attached, and i can't tell them to fuck off away from me because they are customers. GGGGRRRRRR!!!!
Also would my male colleague stop whinging i've given him a bug, i haven't , it's morning sickness you tit!

froubylou Mon 18-Nov-13 11:55:52

Bummymummy go for the drugs. All of them. As many as you can get your hands on. You deserve it soooooo much.

My useless DP had 3 days off work last week. His foot was bad I admit. Sort of purple from the toes to mid shin. And quite badly swollen. But you don't use your foot to clean the windows do you?

Apparantly I am unreasonable as I asked him to do the inside of the windows that I can't reach as he had a bad foot.

And I am an unsympathetic cow because I refused to wait on him hand and foot.

And the bastard moaned all way around the retail park I went to on thursday. I told him to stay at home and rest his foot (I just wanted a couple of hours away from him) but no, he fancied a walk and needed to test his foot before going back to work on friday.

Really wanted to kick the bad leg from under him in TK Maxx at one point.

Hoppy bastard.

And now I want to remove my own hips and lower back.

They ache constantly.

I have too much to do for aching backs and hips. Faaarrrr too much to get organised.

And I have the midwife later who will cheerfully tell me baby is head down. He fucking isn't. Scan proved that last week. He's been transverse all weekend. And is now feet down kicking my fanny quite happily.

But what do I know? I'm only the one who's internal organs he bounces off everytime he does a back flip. And who's feeling the kicks and the hiccups and the pokes and the shoves.

But obviously some bint with a uniform and upside down watch feeling my tummy (and fucking hurting me) for about 30 seconds knows best.

Nobbers.

OnTheRunFromTheAcademe Mon 18-Nov-13 15:48:43

I teach at a poncey Russell Group university. We are known for having a higher than average proportion of students who were previously educated in the independent sector.

I have just wasted spent my entire morning delivering tutorials to a bunch of over-privileged, over-entitled, smug, fully-signed-up-members-of-the-flicky-hair-brigade tossers students. I hate them all.

I suspect the reasons I hate them may go beyond their lives of comfort and privilege (although that is a resentment that runs deep - I supported myself and my family through my BA, MA and PhD). I suspect I hate them because they are a) young and b) (probably) not pregnant.

They can all fuck off.

(Some of them are quite nice actually)

BummyMummy77 Mon 18-Nov-13 18:39:52

Oh Frouby that actually made me chuckle.

I feel SO awful. I had the rage at baby last night. For about 2 hours he was trying to turn (REALLY?! there's not even room for stomach acid in there anymore and every time you hiccup it's like my whole body takes on a life of it's own) and you could see his limbs in perfect definition. It hurt so much I thought I was going to die, I've got a horrid feeling he's just in there piling on the pounds.

I couldn't get up to go to the bathroom and he must have started kicking me in the bowel as I just shit myself. In the bed. With a very horrified dh watching.

I lay there cursing everything under the sun but mostly ds for about two hours.

Good revenge for dh being insensitive earlier. Cleaning up your pregnant wife's shit off of her and the bed whilst she lies there screaming about how she's changed her mind about the whole thing and wants to sell all the baby crap and buy a pair of Louboutins, a nice dress and go clubbing with her old mates and take a shit load of fun drugs, drink absinth and pull some young guys that look like the guy from Sons of Anarchy.

It was maybe all a bit specific and I'm hope never tells baby or uses it against me.

My main vocabulary of today has been "fuck off" or "I don't fucking care anymore".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now