Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I have my own gravitational field.

(91 Posts)
WhisperMen Tue 08-Oct-13 19:40:50

Seriously. I walk near things and they fall over, or jump off tables to get away from the giant belly.

29+5 and I am fed up of having this beach ball up my top.

Anyone else feeling massive?

There is a pic of me on my profile if you want to laugh at the beached whale that I am grin

WhisperMen Wed 09-Oct-13 13:24:17

I just went to tescos and knocked over a display of chocolate bars. I didn't even go near them and they just toppled over. Was stood there picking them up and three men rushed over to help shouting that I shouldn't be stressed in my state as they didn't know how to deliver a baby! I then carried on shopping, got home and realised I had got nothing that I actually went for but I am now the proud owner of 3 new candles. hmm

lol at mr Greedy. Kids are so brutally honest aren't they?

me and your cat have that in common mycat I only like licking them grin

You are not big! I'm 32 weeks and massive! People ask me when I due and when I say dec their faces are like shock really? 3 weeks ago someone who served me in a shop said are you due any day now. I was like no I'm not.
I can't reach round the bump to shave my legs properly let alone anything else and I walk like a weeble.
Oh and I've forgotten what sleep is like cos I'm also up 5 times for a wee and have got hip pain so cannot get comfortable. I'm just a bag of walking moan at the minute grin

WhisperMen Thu 10-Oct-13 14:22:37

haha. oh ninja you sound like you're having some troubles. By the way, if you didn't know about it there is a thread for us preggo ladies due in december. I'm on it and we're all lovely, so come moan with us, unless you are already on there and I hadn't noticed you. Same goes for you applepiesky

clicky clicky

LittlePeaPod Thu 10-Oct-13 17:00:29

Grrrrrr, i am 28 weeks and for me, its the touching.. [Angry] The people fucking touching me. I feel like screaming "P,ease dont touch me and invade my personal space". WHY do they think they now have a right to touch me..... That's what's pissing me off.. Anyway my solution is every time someone just touches my bump without permission I now touch their belly back. Shocks the hell out of them...

Rant over....

WhisperMen Thu 10-Oct-13 17:09:09

oh gosh I get so annoyed when people touch me. I know they are only doing it to be friendly but it properly annoys me. Why do they want to touch me anyway? I am usually a hot sweaty mess grin

Geneticsbunny Thu 10-Oct-13 17:38:58

Hi all. I am 34 weeks and had to get my 3 year old DD to help me put my shoes on today!

People keep telling me I look quite neat but I feel mahoosive and have to waddle everywhere.

sleeplessbunny Thu 10-Oct-13 18:00:11

toilet cubicles are NOT big enough. How am I supposed to shut the door?

WhisperMen Thu 10-Oct-13 18:16:45

They are no where near big enough sleepless I had to climb over the toilet to stand in the tiny gap so the door would close last time I was out.

Yes... I am never leaving this thread, I HATE being pregnant sad

Sickness up to 25 weeks, extreme tiredness, and i feel like i have a bowling ball up my shirt yet EVERYONE goes out of there way to tell me how small i look hmm i do not look small, why has everyone got something to say?! Just go away

Oops blush ever so slightly ranty too

WhisperMen Thu 10-Oct-13 18:52:37

say it loud, say it proud IWant people suck.

LittlePeaPod Thu 10-Oct-13 19:36:40

Oh yea and the people that feel the need to give me unsolicited advice... "Not telling you what you should and should hot do, BUT......". Arrrggggggghhhhhh If I don't ask then keep your opinions and advice to yourself....... Yes I am an angry and irrational pregnant women if you know this then why, oh why, do you insist on irritating the hell out of me... I want to punch you in the face! angry

I love this thread..... I will probably be back Op.

WhisperMen Thu 10-Oct-13 19:37:49

keep on moaning people, let it all out smile

My Dh keeps saying I've 'only got 8 weeks to go' angry it might be only 8 weeks for you love but its a fucking lifetime for me!
On the plus side my osteopath today said I looked beautiful which was nicer than the you look so neat comments when you feel huge. And whisper I was on the December threads near the beginning but there was so man people and I got ignored so i Gave up posting on it.

WhisperMen Thu 10-Oct-13 20:06:53

oh you should try again on the new thread, there isn't too many people posting and we wont ignore you. That is if you want to haha *ninja

agendabender Thu 10-Oct-13 20:18:34

I love you fellow shorties for having big bumps! I'm 26 weeks with dc2 and I feel enormous! I blame my height!

meandbumpy Thu 10-Oct-13 20:25:04

Hi Whisper!

31+2 today and my wardrobe is massively twindling.
My bump is measuring pretty average in size but that doesn't stop people gasping in horror and telling me how massive they think I am and how they thought I was ready to pop.
The worst thing is bending over, I'm so full and compact that I bend a couple of inches and just stop. I sat down to put my shoes on the other morning and the pressure of bending made me puke up my breakfast!!

Anyone else having turtle-on-it's-back moments where there's a genuine fear that your just not going to be able to pull yourself up and get out of bed!?

meandbumpy Thu 10-Oct-13 20:28:26

Ninja I joined the December thread a couple of days ago and everyone has been really friendly and welcoming. Perhaps see you there soon smile

MrsPatMustard Thu 10-Oct-13 21:32:25

Totally sympathise. Am 5 and a half months and look more like 7 months. Yesterday I had no fewer than 6 comments from people along the lines of 'gosh you're VERY big already, aren't you?' People are so personal....

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 10-Oct-13 22:20:01

Yesterday a tiny old lady was struggling to reach something off a shelf in the supermarket. I offered to help and she said "oh no dear you can't in YOUR condition" like a bit of stretching will send me into labour right there and then

Chances are (if she really was proper old as opposed to a 21yo thinks your old) that will be because of a very old fashioned wives tale they used to say that you shouldn't stretch your arms above your head because you would strangle the baby.

And every single one of you until the day an ambulance car driver try's to force you into his car outside waitrose when your innocently trying to buy tomatoes,demanding you go to hospital NOW. Then its safe to say you probably look perfectly lovely you just feel huge grin

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 10-Oct-13 22:20:20

Yesterday a tiny old lady was struggling to reach something off a shelf in the supermarket. I offered to help and she said "oh no dear you can't in YOUR condition" like a bit of stretching will send me into labour right there and then

Chances are (if she really was proper old as opposed to a 21yo thinks your old) that will be because of a very old fashioned wives tale they used to say that you shouldn't stretch your arms above your head because you would strangle the baby.

And every single one of you until the day an ambulance car driver try's to force you into his car outside waitrose when your innocently trying to buy tomatoes,demanding you go to hospital NOW. Then its safe to say you probably look perfectly lovely you just feel huge grin

fuckwittery Fri 11-Oct-13 03:12:48

Oh god I'm 37 weeks 3rd DC and my shite stomach muscles have meant I've looked ready to pop for weeks. People i see on school run or out and about are convinced I must be v overdue. Doesn't help I'm short with short torso and have eaten for England, nearly 4 stone put on blush

Cant put on shoes, nearly cried today when dd2 took off her seatbelt when i'd just put it on, as it was such a bloody struggle to reach over her seat in the back (luckily dd1 came to my rescue). Walked right into a massive spiky bush today at knee level as I just couldn't see it, legs scratched to bits.

Literally cannot get to fridge as its an under counter one in pantry. Mainly eating things that fit in fridge door. Imagine my delight when I sent DD1 foraging to tell me what was there to make a shopping list and she found a forgotten pack of choc mousses at the back grin. DD2 last to be picked up at pre school as couldn't fit through scrum of parents in narrow cloakroom, turning sideways doesn't help. I keep thinking i'm just a bit fat and can squeeze through a gap, baby not v impressed when I try to do so, and end up squashing its fairly solid limbs.

Thank god for DD1 (6) who scampers about fetching things I've dropped and being my eyes and hands in tight spaces. Would recommend small child at your beck and call for all pregnant ladies, may keep her off school tomorrow.

fuckwittery Fri 11-Oct-13 03:20:05

Oh and yy to the indignity of not fitting on a loo cubicle. I had to pee with door open at a restaurant last weekend as I couldn't fit my toddler in with me, no way, and not safe to leave her outside door. Said toddler also refused to wee without me either coming into cubicle with her and locking door (not physically possible, use your eyes DD2!) or her being in loo on own and locking me out, hmm don't think so. Mummy lock door lock door, too fat, oh I DO IT, oh Mummy GET OUT.

BlackholesAndRevelations Fri 11-Oct-13 07:31:04

I'm 29 weeks too and so pleased I'm not the only one sho is the size of a house! I'm truly massive (it's dc3). I've even found myself googling 29 week bumps to compare and contrast grin

froubylou Fri 11-Oct-13 09:12:03

30 weeks today.

I miss bending down.

I miss being able to walk, talk and breath at the same time.

I miss turning over in bed without it being a 9 point turn.

I miss moving without a grunting sound. DP said I sounded like an old man last night getting off the sofa.

I miss sleeping in bed without having to ride the seahorse. Seahorse is my L shaped pillow that has a pinky coloured slip on that DP swears looks like a seahorse. Seahorse is lovely to wrap bump and legs around but a bit cumbersome and space hogging.

I miss eating without washing everything down with a good swig of Gaviscon. Minor panic last night when I though I had run out.

And yesterday buying milk in the shop Dave the shopkeeper (its not his real name, he's called Davindeer or something but been known as Dave forever) asked me how long left. And when I told him 10 weeks yet he gave me number for shop and said if I was stuck and needed stuff to ring and they would drop it off for me.

A kind and considerate thought but bearing in mind his lovely wife worked on the actual day she gave birth it makes me think I look very,very big.

Whisper you look lovely BTW! We don't have a full length mirror at home but next time I am somewhere that does I will take a snap and we will compare.

Luna13 Fri 11-Oct-13 09:31:54

22+2 and look 7-8 mths :-/ Scared to think how I will look in 10-15 weeks...
NewLook has Hands Off Bump t-shirts, maybe some people will get the message..? :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now