Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cravings

(43 Posts)
Spaghettinetti Thu 03-Oct-13 18:16:30

Hello All,

I was just wondering what cravings people are having and what they do when they crave something on the avoid list...

My own cravings have been for cheese, liquorice and oxtail soup as well as savoury duck (widely known as faggots) which is a big no no!

randdom Tue 08-Oct-13 16:01:37

Mango. I can't stop eating it!

WhisperMen Tue 08-Oct-13 14:33:34

yorkshire puddings, mashed potato and gravy.

fishcakes covered in beans was the only thing I ate for about 3 weeks.

BouncingBelly Tue 08-Oct-13 14:16:09

Ice! And buckets of it...

My teeth hurt :-(

Oh Olives, then balsamic vinegar, feta cheese, jalepinos... really strong specific stuff.

PinkParsnips Mon 07-Oct-13 17:06:42

I haven't really had any, its a bit disappointing!
The only thing I could sort of call a craving is coco pops, which I haven't had in about 20 years! Its the crunchiness with the ice cold milk....mmm!

airyfairy123 Mon 07-Oct-13 13:53:01

Just wondered when people started getting cravings? I was really really wanting some Dairylea cheese today (so much so I went and got some) and I never even ATE that before haha...

mumface Mon 07-Oct-13 13:41:50

Sour Patch kids sweets Mmm eating a big bag a day. All that sugar is not good but at least they are natural flavours that's my reasoning.

beela Sun 06-Oct-13 18:34:21

Noodles. I had to stop on the way home the other day to buy a packet of supernoodles, and ate them as soon as I got home - 2 hours before I went out for a huge meal blush

Also red fruit juice - cranberry, raspberry etc.

Last time it was foam shrimps/bananas, and apple juice.

I'd love a bit of brie right now though.

PinkWitch803 Sun 06-Oct-13 14:27:25

Stevie, you can have sushi, but advice is that the fish should have been fully frozen and defrosted first to kill bacteria. Brie and other soft or blue cheese can be eaten cooked.

I am choosing not to eat pate but i know others who didn't stop eating it with no neg conceqiences

Lollol87 Sun 06-Oct-13 09:54:07

I've gone off all things sweet, but am loving San Peligrino lemonade (no other lemonade will work!) and chilli's! But my favourite thing at the moment is sawdust! I think the people in pets at home wonder what the crazy pregnant lady is doing walking around sniffing the rabbit cage! Ha xx

EeyoreIsh Sun 06-Oct-13 09:34:36

Stevie we can have sushi smile

Stevie77 Sun 06-Oct-13 09:32:20

I want everything I can't have; Brie, pâté, liver (chicken with lots of onion in red wine and mash potato -yum!), sushi... Sob sob

Shruggy Sat 05-Oct-13 23:22:13

Craving grapes and tomatos.
Cannot eat onions or garlic since getting pregnant as they make me suffer severe stomach cramps.

Pantomime Sat 05-Oct-13 19:01:02

I have sadly gone off tea, bacon, chocolate, crisps, anything too sweet... I find it hard to eat potato in a non mash format too!

I loooove southern fried chicken, carbonara, cooked choritzo on pasta and ginger biscuits.

flaquark Sat 05-Oct-13 10:35:57

I have pica so I like to lick potatoes
oh and sweet chilli sauce - on everything

plentyofsoap Fri 04-Oct-13 22:53:14

I have completely gone off soya protein and quorn things and I have not eaten meat for over 20 years so thats rather strange. Never had a sweet tooth either until this pregnancy, but appear to be eating a life times supply now.

EmB1715 Fri 04-Oct-13 22:41:11

Eeyore I was the same! Every time someone asked me if I had any weird and wonderful cravings I'd have to disappoint with my whingey reply that it's more about what I can't eat!

elcranko Fri 04-Oct-13 22:15:54

Orange cordial, salt & vinegar crisps, fizzy sweets, mainly haribo tangfastics smile

Romily Fri 04-Oct-13 21:16:31

I really craved milk and spready cheese for a while but now at 22 weeks I have no cravings at all.

PinkWitch803 Fri 04-Oct-13 20:20:11

I have gone off sausages!

Spaghettinetti Fri 04-Oct-13 15:27:47

I've also gone off chocolate Pinkbell123, although I can manage Terry's Chocolate Orange, mmmmm. I'm glad I'm not fancying petrol and the like as if I have a craving I have to satisfy it straight away, luckily I'm only a few minutes away from tesco! I'm not sure whether there's a link between cravings and the sex of the baby, but it would be interesting to find out!

Lj8893 Fri 04-Oct-13 11:49:42

No proper food cravings, although if I want something I have to have it, but once I've had it the craving has gone.

Addicted to the smell of furniture polish though, my house has never smelt so nice I've been using it so much!!!!

EeyoreIsh Fri 04-Oct-13 11:04:46

I've had none, it's strange. It's more been a case of what can I actually eat that won't make me sick. So reverse cravings!

This past week I can't get enough of cake! I just need some everyday.

Ginnytonic82 Fri 04-Oct-13 08:31:07

Another for dust, petrol etc! Love the smell of creosote and wish I could bite a huge chunk out of our shed. Wandering around B and Q just so I can smell things - so weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now