Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What prams have you gone for?

(73 Posts)
xxleannejxx Wed 02-Oct-13 13:34:06

I know this early I'm only 13 weeks but I like to be organised ;) lol

I love the silver cross surf but i really couldnt justify spending THAT much money..... I also love the quinny buzz so I'm trying to get the best deal -can anyone see it for less than £540??

I also wondered what you were all opting for - I need some options..... I really want the travel system with carrycot and car seat etc

Thanks ladies thanks

Pinkbell123 Wed 02-Oct-13 13:43:09

I went for the icandy apple 2 pear. Pretty pricy but I got the special anniversary package that's on at the moment. It's my one big purchase and was the one that felt best to me in the shop. Haven't actually got it yet as its being ordered by John Lewis - I want to practise folding!!

EmB1715 Wed 02-Oct-13 13:43:27

I've gone for the Mothercare Xpedior at a bargain £250! It's great. I'm a nanny so have used lota of diffefent prams...the one thing that I would say about the quinny is that the wheels were constantly puncturing!

EmB1715 Wed 02-Oct-13 13:44:00

Excuse the typos!

laura0007 Wed 02-Oct-13 13:45:26

I've got the icandy peach jogger.

Hoping it gives me the motivation to loose some weight with baby when he's born!

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Wed 02-Oct-13 13:57:34

I've got a mutsy Evo, it has a carry cot and you can clip the straps on it and pick it off the frame with the baby in it. It does take two hands to fold but can unfold with one. It steers really well and I haven't seen a bad review for it. My Ds has nearly grown out of the carry cot bit at 9 weeks, but he's really tall for his age.
I used the pram top for him to sleep in for the first month before I put him in his cot.
The best bit I've found out recently is when you need to take it up steps, there is a handle bit on the hood you can hold with one hand and the handle with the other so not as bumpy.

April13 Wed 02-Oct-13 14:03:30

I got the iCabdy Apple to Pear, not sure if its the same deal that PinkBell mentiones, but was a deal and knocked a fair amount off of the price smile I like the Silvercross too, however they didnt seem to have the minimal "off road" capability I'd need and the basket was far too wee grin

cravingcake Wed 02-Oct-13 14:52:08

I have an Uppababy Vista and it is brilliant. It comes with carrycot, toddler seat, adaptors for car seat and rain covers. It is pricey at around £600 but I have used this every single day for the last 23 months and it is still like new. Very lightweight and easy to steer. I am about to buy a second seat (called a rumble seat) which just attaches easily as I'm expecting DC2 and it's only around £95 for that.

You need to think about what you are going to use it for, I do a lot of dog walking so needed something that was good for off-road as well as city centre.

Fozziebearmum2be Wed 02-Oct-13 14:57:22

Got the uppababy vista too! Waiting for baby so not used it yet, but looks really good and sturdy and lightweight (in comparison with other models-ie silver cross/candy etc)

Agree with pp, look at what you'll use it for and for how long. For us, we plan on a smallish gap between babies so wanted something that would cheaply adapt to more than one, and would last a few years you can add rumble seat or a board to the uppa baby. Also read about other models having punctures etc...

Also it came top of the Which guide...

Lozcat86 Wed 02-Oct-13 15:02:45

We went for the mothercare Vio switch, flips from a pram to front facing position buggy and came with car seat. It was really good value- £150! I love it

Rhianna1980 Wed 02-Oct-13 15:13:24

I went for the uppavista for the same reasons that fozzie mentioned .

Haven't chosen yet but wont be spending too much! Bought a maclaren with ds, and it lasted for 2 children and 7 years of being used every day. I imagine I'll go for the same type with this one too smile Must also say - I walk miles most days, and couldn't fault that buggy one bit.

Lj8893 Wed 02-Oct-13 16:04:34

I've just ordered the mothercare xpedior too. I love it, and my mum was trying to convince me to go for others which were much more expensive (she was paying) but I just really had my heart set on the xpedior, and my mum didn't complain at £250 including carry cot and car seat!

Emilycee Wed 02-Oct-13 17:10:47

Weve gone for the Bugaboo Chamelion.. I liked the versatility and also the resell value on the on ebay is really good. liked the I candy Jogger but we couldnt agree on a colour!

Dusty04 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:37:30

We've gone for the icandy peach 2.. Parents paying for it smile

NomDeClavier Wed 02-Oct-13 17:40:28

We have a baby jogger city mini and a big Silver Cross carriage pram, which we're reusing. I was very tempted by the city mini GT twin though.

MortifiedAdams Wed 02-Oct-13 17:41:12

I.went for the Maclaren XLR. Lie flat stroller that is compatable with the recaro car seat and a lie flat soft carrycot. Love it, dd is nearing two and it will do for us til she no longer needs. Itd do a second child if we wanted too.

Lostinspace1 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:49:35

Got the Britax Affinity. They are doing a deal at the moment where the carry cot is included free for £408. We could go for something more expensive if we really wanted to but I refuse to spend silly amounts of money on a pram!

DXBMermaid Wed 02-Oct-13 17:53:34

Stokke Explory and I LOVE it, but if you have a car with a small boot it isn't that smallest pram on the market. It gets better when you move out of the carrycot in terms of the space it takes up. I love the design but mostly I love the functionality. It allows my baby to really be part of things in a restaurant without needing a highchair and it is very easy to 'drive'. It is compatible with the Maxi Cosi car seat which is great if your baby is sleeping and you just want to 'nip' in somewhere.

GreenGiant3 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:53:57

I have the icandy Peach 2 £860.

I have been asked if it comes with an engine, I can confirm it does not smilegrin

Hyperhelpmum Wed 02-Oct-13 17:56:21

Baby jogger versa having had quinny, phil and teds and petit star. Got it with carry cot, raincover, footmuff and adapters for maxi cosi car seat for £425. Wanted one where you don't need to take a seat off to fold it (will have to take carrycot or car seat off but as buggy it just folds forward or rear facing. Recommended by which and munsnetters. Third and last baby so practicality name of the game! I lived vista but doesn't fold with seat when parent facing and found fold a nightmare. Not good with two other DC to think of to be fiddling around trying to collapse buggy! I wanna fold and go, fold and go! ;)

stargirl1701 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:58:49

I've got the Stokke Xplory. I love it. I've had it for 12 months and I haven't seen or pushed anything I like as much. Many of the mums who gave birth at the same time as me have sold their travel systems and bought buggies as they were getting annoyed with them. I used a Silver Cross buggy in Venice and hated it!

Anothermrssmith Wed 02-Oct-13 18:08:59

Mamas and papas sola travel system, not using it yet but fell in love with it in the store. super easy to fold, change carry cot for travel seat etc and really good value at under £550 for pram,carry cot, car seat, car seat adaptors and foot muff.

Uppababy Vista! Heard such good things about it. It has also won a Which? Best buy so that's a bonus! smile I am due in January so not used it yet but can't wait to. You can also use the carry cot instead of a Moses basket for first few months on a stand, that's what we are doing. You can get discontinued colours cheaper online so worth a look. Mine was £570 in Cole Blue.

Tulipsandbuttercups Wed 02-Oct-13 18:56:26

I have bought the silver cross 3d. Not used it yet, but as it's gonna be a winter baby wanted something sturdy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now