Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fed up with bloody leaking boobs! (Indulge me while I moan)

(14 Posts)
Anothermrssmith Sun 29-Sep-13 23:07:36

My boobs have been leaking most nights since I was 16 weeks and its driving me up the wall! I put a nice clean pair of jammies on last night and got up this morning and the top is covered in stains,as are my sheets and mattress. In the last hour my husband (who finds it hilarious) has just stared at my boobs watching another stain develop and because I can't wear jammies for more than a couple of nights as a result I've ran out of clean ones so am stuck wearing this blooming manky, crusty one! Does amount of leaking pre baby relate to milk production once baby arrives?

I've no non wired bras as I'm a 36k so sleeping in breast pads is out for now, any suggestions other than a waterproof cover on the mattress and a towel to lie on? Still only 24 weeks now, don't think my washing machine (already on the verge of a breakdown) can cope!

EmB1715 Sun 29-Sep-13 23:12:27

Same dilemma as yours, no advice I'm afraid but you're not the only one!

TobyLerone Sun 29-Sep-13 23:14:09

You can wear wired bras. Although I can't say I'd find any sort of bra comfortable to sleep in.

Yy sleep on a towel. I'd only wear pjs once before washing if I wore them at all, so other than that I can't help!

DameWishyWashy Sun 29-Sep-13 23:18:20

There are adhesive breast pads made of silicone (lilypadz I think) which can be worn bra free. Not cheap but could help hopefully!

As to amount of milk before and after birth - I didn't leak while pregnant but found I overproduced/leaked for the first month or two. This has now settled down substantially (20 weeks) and could probably get away without pads overnight.

Congratulations by the way!

Anothermrssmith Sun 29-Sep-13 23:21:33

I'm wearing wired bras now,just meant wired is too uncomfortable to sleep in. Will need to buy non wired eventually to sleep in as planning on breastfeeding, could just do without the expense of getting them just now (in the last 3 weeks have bought a new car and paid for double glazing so money tight just now)

BouncingBelly Sun 29-Sep-13 23:25:17

Have you tried breast feeding sleep bras? I used them when I was feeding my LO, got them from mothercare and used lansinoh (or however it's spelt) breast pads which are adhesive and stick inside your bra.

Good luck xx

Cavort Mon 30-Sep-13 03:22:14

Mine leaked until I started wearing cheapo crop tops from Asda to sleep in. Very comfy in the days after birth as well and I am still sleeping in them while EBFing smile

PinkWitch803 Mon 30-Sep-13 05:03:10

I haven't got tge leaking issue yet, but will be trying suppoyed vest tops with adhesive pads when I do. I am 36G, so I suspect there will be some trial and error. Sleeping in a bra will not be a option.

InfiniteJest Mon 30-Sep-13 05:12:48

Sleep on a muslin that's doubled over a couple of times. Softer than a towel, super absorbent, and they dry really quickly after washing.

Stubbed Mon 30-Sep-13 05:55:30

You can get a breastfeeding vest (vest with a built in bra and clips to let it down to feed) mine is nice and snug and would keep pads in place. I don't use it now I'm feeding as I let down on both sides and need a more complicated milk containment system, but I have G cups too as this worked for me.

Is this your first baby? I also leak significantly when pregnant and after my son and daughter were born was absolutely swimming in milk. I'm not complaining but it is something to deal with. How do others cope with the mess?

My dd is now 3 weeks and I am yet to feed in public due to the excess milk that sprays out during feeds. So messy. With ds this latest the entire 9 months that I fed him. I can't tell you how much £ I spent on pads: washable ones were no way absorbent enough...

I was going to post for tips on how others manage with this problem?

PinkPepper Mon 30-Sep-13 06:46:39

I bought the lilypadz just so I could sleep without a bra (After baby for me though)

Smerlin Mon 30-Sep-13 07:38:32

Stick lansinoh breast pads to your pj top

Emigrated Mon 30-Sep-13 17:39:26

Same issue, have just had to sleep in t shirts and wash them every day.

5madthings Mon 30-Sep-13 17:45:57

I was the same, I sleepnaked so no PJs but I would lay a towel where I slept to soak up leakage and put one over my boobs or a muslin cloth over them. I always had massive oversupply when feeding. Five babies, boobs leaked early on each pregnancy and nine years of breeding, the joy of not having leaky boobs!

Adds that to my list of 'I don't want another baby really' for when I feel broody list...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now