Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I've had another bleed!

(12 Posts)
Crownjewel Mon 30-Sep-13 13:44:21

Hi Writer - sorry, i have no practical advice, but I saw your OP and just wanted to say I hope you're ok and taking it easy. Sending big hugs thanks xx

Spacefrog35 Mon 30-Sep-13 10:35:44

Sub chorionic bleeds are far more common than you realise. Be careful with google as there is a lot of scary info which is not 100% accurate or helpful. Far better to have a chat with your midwife or epau smile.

I had brown discharge on and off for about 4 weeks with mine. I also had brown discharge for a couple of weeks before my 23 week bleed. I've spoken to others who bled all the way through their pregnancies and still had happy outcomes.

Hope you're feeling a little more positive, good luck & let us know how you get on thanks

Writerwannabe83 Mon 30-Sep-13 09:40:32

My NT measurement was 1.3mm and all my blood work came back as fine.

I have never heard of a sub chorionic bleed - I may have to google that.

I haven't had any more fresh bleeding but have continued to have old, dried blood being expelled. I'm just using panty liners everyday. It hasn't particularly eased off and I'm having the odd ache so I might ring the EPAU today just for reassurance. I kind of thought that 3 days after the fresh bleed it would have stopped.

I'm seeing my GP this afternoon too about getting signed off for work. My Boss has passed comment about me being signed off until the baby is actually born shock

fusspot66 Mon 30-Sep-13 09:33:22

Hoping you're ok and had a restful weekend.

CrispyFB Fri 27-Sep-13 15:47:13

It sounds like it is possibly a subchorionic haemorrhage that has finally ruptured. Hopefully once you stop bleeding, that will be the last of it! Or it could be a small abruption but I think they can see that on a scan..

Did you have an NT screening? What was your bloodwork like if so? With the bleeding you've had, it would not surprise me if you had elevated free bHCG levels! Mine were really high because of bleeding too.

K8eee Fri 27-Sep-13 15:41:45

Hi writer it's me again! Oh you poor, poor thing sad sending you a massive hug thanks hope you're feeling a bit better and there is a lot of reassurance from other posters here. I'd be the same as you too, but aslong as that little bean is absolutely fine that's the main thing. Keep us updated and rest easy over the weekend xx

Spacefrog35 Fri 27-Sep-13 14:35:13

Just wanted to send you hugs OP.

I had 3 massive (soaked through pad & jeans in seconds) bleeds one at 8 weeks, one at 9 weeks and one at 11. I had a scan after the first one which showed a clot. This had completely disappeared by the 12 week scan.

Unfortunately I've just had another minor bleed at 23 weeks but bubs is fine. No idea what caused it, spent the day in hospital and now been told to try and take it gently.

I totally get where you're coming from with feeling down. Please try not to feel like you've failed, it's not your fault. If feeling over emotional doesn't ease up over the next couple of days then talk to your midwife. It's so stressful and I found I didn't want to 'invest' in my pregnancy in case it all went wrong but my midwife was lovely & so reassuring so please don't suffer on your own.

thanks

fusspot66 Fri 27-Sep-13 14:01:18

I can't promise you all will be well but if you're resting and not cramping that's good news. Be kind to yourself. cake

Writerwannabe83 Fri 27-Sep-13 13:56:57

Well, the bleeding seems to have stopped, probably because I haven't left my bed. I'm just sitting at home and crying about how crap this all is and what a rubbish wife I am. Everything is going wrong and it must be my fault. I feel so low.

fusspot66 Fri 27-Sep-13 13:46:57

How are you today, Writer? No news is hood news I hope.

fusspot66 Thu 26-Sep-13 19:46:30

If its anything like my experience at 9 wks with DS it was caused by Implantation and as the placenta starts to grip into the uterus there was bleeding like a bruise on the wall of the uterus. This drained/burst causing, big scary bleed. Fortunately it didn't dislodge the pregnancy. A 2nd major gush at 10 weeks was also terrifying but ok. DS is munching choc chip cookies beside me right now- someone ought to get that child to bed..... Rest and pray. No pain or cramps is a positive. Remember, a little blood goes a very long way.

Writerwannabe83 Thu 26-Sep-13 19:35:28

Hi everyone, I had small bleeds/spotting when I was 7 weeks and again at 10 weeks, both of which led to emergency scans which showed baby was thankfully fine. Both of these bleeds were just old brown blood which left some spotting stains in my underwear.

I'm now 13wks+6 and when I went to the toilet earlier today there was fresh blood everywhere! In my underwear, over all the tissue paper and the water in the toilet bowl was completely red before I flushed! I kept checking over the next 10 minutes and there was fresh blood every time I wiped. I went straight to the EPAU to see a doctor who examined me and no cause couldbe found, thankfully the scan showed a happy and healthy baby.

I just don't understand why it happened?

I was absolutely petrified. I'm now using sanitary towels and although I am still having some bleeding it is slowing down.

The Doctor was lovely and very reassuring, I just wish they knew why it had happened. I had never seen so much blood hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now