Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting before 8 weeks & now 12+2 spotting again :(

(6 Posts)
xxleannejxx Thu 26-Sep-13 19:13:01

Hi everyone
Just after a bit of advice,
this is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time I've experienced this...... This is my second marriage, our much wanted first child together - it's been 12 years since I was last pregnant so maybe that's why it's different?

I was spotting (brown blood - not heavy and mainly after sex) from about 5-8 weeks, had a scan at 8+4 baby was good, had a strong heart beat...... Midwife seemed to think my cervix is sensitive ATM.... Anyway I've had the odd bit of brown spotting since (again usually after sex) and now today I'm 12+2, I wiped after using the loo at 2pm and it was bright red blood! It wasn't thick blood it looked more watered down, there was no mucus or clots or anything like that but I'm frightened this is the start of a miscarriage???? I called the midwife - I'm due my dating scan next Wednesday and they've moved it forward to Monday so I suppose all I can do is wait and see?

Any words of advice or experience would be much appreciated xx

Moxiegirl Thu 26-Sep-13 19:22:32

I had bleeding with both of my last 2 pregnancies - both turned out ok. With dd3 I had bright red bleeding (with clots!) at 5 weeks 9 weeks and 13 weeks! Very scary and they never did see a cause. The odds are in your favour I would say, good luck thanks

SpottedDickandCustard Thu 26-Sep-13 19:35:46

It is not uncommon to bleed in PGs although it is bloody worrying for the mum!

Here's my experience:

PG1 No bleeding resulting in DS1!
PG2 A small bleed at 9wks, scan showed baby stopped growing at 6wks and a m/c at 10wks.
PG3 Bleeds at approx 4/8/12 weeks. The first 2 bleeds were brown and quite light but the one at 12 weeks was bright red and lots of it, even clots (TMI) and bad cramps so I assumed it was another M/c. Drank half a bottle of red wine and had some paracetamol and codeine. Scan showed baby was OK (felt so bad about the drugs and wine!) and DS2 is now almost 2.

I hope you get some reassurance on Monday xx

xxleannejxx Thu 26-Sep-13 20:00:49

Thank you ladies for your responses - it's made me feel calmer about the whole situation smile just so worrying seeing blood and then having to wait for answers

i have everything crossed for Monday smile

xxleannejxx Mon 30-Sep-13 18:33:48

Hey everyone
Baby very healthy and well!!! smile apparently my placenta is laying slightly low which may've lead to a burst blood vessel but there was nothing untoward - just one of those things apparently and many women do have unexplained bleeding.
Thanks for the messages they did help x

Moxiegirl Mon 30-Sep-13 22:21:12

Glad to hear it smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now