Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

24 weeks and still ill!

(9 Posts)
richtea12 Thu 26-Sep-13 18:35:22

I'm 24 + 4 and still have nausea everyday and feel exhausted. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it likely to last the whole way through?! I'm working reduced hours as I find the more tired I get the more sick I feel but I've been told I'll have to take a pay cut.

I always mention it to the midwife and they just say that it's normal but nearly everyone else I talk to who's been pregnant say they hardly felt sick at all! I'm beginning to wonder if I'm imagining it!

Limoncellolovely Thu 26-Sep-13 18:54:24

Sorry you feel so ill but I think every pregnancy is different. I was ill and exhausted throughout my pregnancy with my daughter, even threw up the morning I gave birth, I also ended up reducing my hours at work, the pain of giving birth was worth it to lose the constant feelings of nausea. I was dreading my next pregnancy for no other reason than the sickness however with my son I was just ill for about the first twelve or so weeks then I felt fine. Think there is a support thread on here somewhere.

richtea12 Thu 26-Sep-13 19:04:50

Limon - thanks for your reply, it's good to know it's not just me and I guess the plus side is it will help me through labour knowing that I'll finally be able to drink a cup of tea again at the end!!

steeking Thu 26-Sep-13 19:12:02

I vommed on a regular basis during both my pregnancies. The worst was being nearly due and heaving over the toilet whilst holding a wodge of tissue over my fanjo to stop me weeing over myself.

EeyoreIsh Thu 26-Sep-13 19:50:37

Sorry you're still feeling ill sad

I don't think work can reduce your wages though, if your doctor has signed you onto reduced hours for pregnancy reasons. (not an hr person but that is my understanding after I went on reduced hours for pregnancy sickness.)

FantasticMax Thu 26-Sep-13 22:19:34

Sorry you're not feeling well. I was exactly the same and felt so envious of people who were only ill for the first 12 weeks then felt normal.

I hate to say it but my sickness lasted till well into the last trimester (maybe 34/35 weeks?), and by the time it eased up I had other discomforts - heartburn, back pain, etc. Pregnancy was not an enjoyable experience for me so I do have every sympathy for you. It will get better though, you can't be pregnant forever!

woollysocksaresexy Fri 27-Sep-13 11:01:22

Hi richtea,
Don't know if it would help to know that I am now 29+ 4 and my sickness has been much better for the last couple of weeks, so there is still hope for you!
I have absolutely found that the sickness has been the worst thing about pregnancy... I am already dreading another pregnancy because of it, and I haven't even got through my first pregnancy yet!
I have resorted to the drugs though... they don't get rid of it completely but make it more bearable, so definitely worth it for me.
Hope you feel better soon

SuperStrength Fri 27-Sep-13 19:11:16

It maybe that you have reflux which is causing you to throw up...it did with me. This time I know what it feels like so when I get that funny feeling i take a gulp of Gaviscon.....sorts out the sickness.

womma Fri 27-Sep-13 20:13:28

Oh you poor soul, I really feel for you! I think only someone who has suffered can understand how awful the sickness can be. I sincerely hope it eases up for you very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now