Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

PG after MC? Posifrickitivity and handholding aplenty

(963 Posts)
WhatWillSantaBring Thu 26-Sep-13 16:18:14

Hello again - another shiny new thread for the batsh*t crazy women going through the stress and emotional rollercoaster that is being pregnant after a miscarriage.

Fingers crossed for lots of happy scans and boring pregnancies.

JanieLovesLuckySocks Fri 18-Oct-13 10:49:00

Thanks pig smile all good here, baby currently weighing in at 5lb3oz eek!

I asked the pretty horrid doctor what were her thoughts on raspberry leaf and she said she'd never heard of it. Think she needed a bit of a personality transplant too!

SaggyIsHavingAPinkKitten Fri 18-Oct-13 10:54:01

Good luck today Cbeebies. x

Bumblebzz Fri 18-Oct-13 11:07:14

Hello lovelies

Just checking in again, still pregnant thankfully though some days are quite stressful as every twinge makes me panic. 5w + 2 so no idea how I will cope, but I will, if only I can just hang onto this! I'm feeling a bit nauseous today and have been absolutely shattered all week.

Thanks for your comments on the early scan, I totally get now why it's a good idea. I was looking at it the wrong way around, and of course it makes sense to get any bad news sooner rather than later, as you're right, the longer the pregnancy the more difficult it is to deal with the loss.
Is 7-8 weeks the recommended time for a viability scan? Any recommendations on a clinic in London?
It would be so amazing to have good news for family at Christmas, last Christmas we told them I was pregnant (I was so sick I couldn't hide it at 7-8 weeks) and then had to tell them our terrible sad news at the end of Jan. Am a bit afraid to hope but every so often I allow myself a few minutes of stealth hoping.

x

jmf294 Fri 18-Oct-13 11:21:10

Good luck with the scans Janie and Upthepig!!

IBelieveInPink Fri 18-Oct-13 11:21:48

Ooh Janie great news! And 5lb 3 doesn't sound too bad for 35 weeks - at 40 weeks that would make baby just under 8lb no? Sounds like a perfect size! unlike giant hippo baby

Any clearer as to why you got a scan? I have scan envy! smile

andthepiggotupandslowlywalkeda Fri 18-Oct-13 12:59:11

Glad your scan went well Janie, but shame the doctor was a bit rubbish. Also, seconding Ibelieve's question - did you get any reason, or were they just won over by your fine eyes, or something?

Pentagon Fri 18-Oct-13 13:03:14

janie great news on the scan - good weight for 35 weeks! ibip I also have scan envy! With DD I had a scan at 35 weeks because my placenta was low at my 20-week scan; it was high this time at 20 weeks so no late pregnancy scan [disappointed]

pig/snot good luck with your scan this afternoon!

cbeebies sorry to hear you're feeling so crap. I can't believe your midwife dismissed your concerns just like that...boo! I hope you manage to see your GP today and get some answers

saggy thanks for the encouraging post regarding labour/birth, it was really sweet. Sounds like you had a fab day out with your sisters!

christine it's great that you're there for your colleague, I think you're being really considerate and I'm sure she appreciates it

jmf & janie yay for only 1 week left at work!

I had my 38 week midwife appointment today; I was really anxious but everything's fine, thank goodness; bump measuring 38 weeks, heartbeat normal, baby head down and 4/5ths down the way. Such a relief! I'm having the flu jab this afternoon. Still don't know if there's any point/it's a good idea but everyone seems to be doing it so I'll just go for it

JanieLovesLuckySocks Fri 18-Oct-13 13:17:15

Still no reason why i got the scans...I guess they just liked the look of me?! But might be normal as there were quite a lot of bigger bumps there. They've booked me in for my term appointment and said it'll be a scan, fanjita examination and sweep if I want it eek! Better get my bikini wax booked!! Cripes!

SaggyIsHavingAPinkKitten Fri 18-Oct-13 13:40:25

Crikey Janie! Thats thorough! shock

SaggyIsHavingAPinkKitten Fri 18-Oct-13 13:44:59

Bumble hang on in there. I think 7 weeks is ok. I saw a H/B at 6ish, might be better to hang on until 8 weeks though just in case.
Youve got 10? weeks to go until christmas. Thatll make you 17 weeks ish? Much safer than twllibg everyone at 7/8.
Keep your chin up and remember our Mantra: Today we are PG. smile

WhatWillSantaBring Fri 18-Oct-13 13:52:52

Hey ladies - we'll need a new thread by tomorrow (and I won't be able to start it). No idea on titles as long as we say PG after MC (I think we forgot once and had some ladies thinking we were all mad (which of course we are).

Can't believe we're getting into baby season on this thread - I think there are loads due in Nov and Dec (then a bit of a lull?). For those in the much earlier days, I think the time does start to go quicker once you've got past your 12 week scan. Not necessarily with any less worry, but definitely quicker. I caught a glimpse of myself earlier and my bump is massive - and I'm only 7 months....

bumblez I think a few ladies used FMC in London and its sounds lush (though expensive). If you really just want reassurance that you have a heartbeat then a cheap scan will get you the same thing - I saved about £30 by going to a very basic scan in a GP surgery in a shitty part of town. No luxury, not a particularly clear or detailed scan, but a HB seen and measurements taken to confirm viability.

SaggyIsHavingAPinkKitten Fri 18-Oct-13 14:46:40

New thread here

Bumblebzz Fri 18-Oct-13 14:59:05

Thanks for the advice everyone, is FMC = fetal medicine centre?
Not sure how luxurious they can make the ultrasound (cos we're talking the internal scan aren't we?!) but good to know there are options smile

Good luck if you have a sweep Janie :0
Not so fond memories of having numerous sweeps with dd!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now