Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Weirdest thing you have cried about.

(96 Posts)
WhisperMen Thu 26-Sep-13 12:09:39

I am just recovering from a full on sobbing session because the bin bag leaked into the bin so it needed cleaning.

Hormones make us cry over the strangest of things.

Anyone else found themselves a sobbing mess over nothing?

SuperMuddle Mon 30-Sep-13 23:08:00

I sobbed for about ten minutes the other week, because I was tired and my feet hurt when I got to work. As I work in a shop I'm on my feet for most of the day, so the thought of the next eight hours was a bit much...

SaucyJack Mon 30-Sep-13 22:59:25

Brian Sewell talking about his dead dogs in the Fail today. I'm welling up now just thinking about it.

So far:

- got inside duvet cover to put it on the duvet (inside out). Lifted arms in corners, decided I looked like a ghost, and started going 'wooo, wooo', which was hysterically funny to the point I couldn't stand up. Fell on bed (still in duvet cover) and burst into tears because I couldn't stop laughing.

- planes going over our flat (they are very very low and incredibly noisy and it's always annoyed me) making me realise there's no way we can stay here when the baby is born, and worrying we wouldn't be able to move.

- watching Silver Linings Playbook - it was such an unrealistic representation of 'getting over' bipolar.

- two weeks ago I was up every night until after 2am, crying. Not sure why now hmm

- at work last week, not being able to get the stupid fucking ethernet devil cable to make the internet go into the laptop (I am not the IT person at my work).

I am 26 + 3. I still have weeks of this.

MrsPatMustard Sun 29-Sep-13 19:28:44

I couldn't do manage the yoga positions on my pregnancy exercise DVD. Obviously this meant I was a failure as a mum-to-be....

BummyMummy77 Sun 29-Sep-13 00:01:37

Windy our cats have been bringing in frogs all summer! Horrid things. (The cats)

Earthworms Sat 28-Sep-13 23:47:27

I cried at Ivor the engine them music being played on the radio as part of a News article.

Whilst driving. I had to pull over.

I bought a pregnancy test the next day

What a surprise.itwas positive.

Windywinston Sat 28-Sep-13 23:44:37

I sobbed uncontrollably because I got trapped in our utility room by a frog that my cat had brought in. I couldn't open the door as it would squash the frog, but I didn't want to pick up the frog in case it hopped at me and made me jump. DH was sat on the other side of the door laughing his head off.

Wolfiefan Sat 28-Sep-13 23:37:09

My cat hurt his ear. I was sobbing that he'd be scarred for life!
I got a biro mark on the loudspeaker of my new stereo and sobbed that I can't ever keep anything nice.
Others too many to mention!

RedlipsAndSlippers Sat 28-Sep-13 23:27:55

I've just had a little cry because one of my feet is swollen but not the other, it just doesn't seem fair!
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition gets me every time, but then so do about half of DDs books when I do her bedtime story.
Nearly cried at a motivational training video at work a little while ago, pulled myself together though.
I'm 35+4, and it's definitely getting worse!

bludgerwitch Sat 28-Sep-13 22:32:01

I had a meltdown in the middle of the shopping centre today, we'd gone into Belfast and had an afternoon tea booked, but after about 90 minutes of walking around I just felt so rotten. I have a cold and my knee is really acting up so I was feeling tired and stuffed up and sore and we had over two hours to go.

I just felt so knackered and couldn't face the thought of waiting around another two hours, I had a proper meltdown. DH took me home and I slept for three hours and the world was ok again.

Sadie204 Sat 28-Sep-13 19:03:15

Been nearly wetting myself at some of these!! Some of my teary moments, or the ones I can remember at least;

DD1 going back to school, thought DS would miss her
DD2 starting nursery and didn't cry on her first day
DH suggesting DS needed his first haircut. Absolutely bawled my eyes out for days everytime I thought about it as it would make him a 'big boy' and not my baby anymore!
Saw an advert for Disney movies that showed Dumbo. Cried about the part where he meets his mommy cos it is so sad
Was gonna cook a chicken for dinner, found out the date was up the day before. Got teary as I threw it away as it seemed a shame for the chicken to end up in the bin confused
When pregnant with DD1, had a serious craving for baked potatoes with butter. Cried when I ran out of potatoes lol! Similarly cried when ran out of Dairylea cheese triangles!
Cried the other night when DH showed me a Wrigley's chewing gum advert on the net. Was so lovely, even just thinking about it I well up again! (Man gives his daughter little origami cranes made out of the chewing gum wrappers, gives her loads over the years then finds out when she is moving out years later that she has kept them all in a box!!)

I think they are all pretty reasonable in the scale of things lol

OnTheRunFromTheAcademe Sat 28-Sep-13 16:35:47

I cried a lot more last time I was pregnant than this time. I think my favourite occasion was when I broke down sobbing in Tescos because they didn't have the brand of baked beans I wanted.

This time I just have The Rage.

BummyMummy77 Sat 28-Sep-13 15:05:09

cherry Storage WARS has made me literally piss my pants laughing. Don't think I've cried yet. :D

It could have been worse, it could have been Storage Hunters I bawled at ;)

But Bunny, he was just so happy that they'd won at something for once.

BummyMummy77 Sat 28-Sep-13 14:25:20

cherry lips when you're crying at stuff on Dave you know it's time you need to get a grip lol! :D

Saying that, all I want to listen to recently is guns and roses (wtf?!) and cry lots. :S

PrincessKitKat Sat 28-Sep-13 14:16:44

Not really a strange subject to get touched by, but my reaction was so OTT!
Last weekend I watched about 5 seconds of an inclusive theatre group for kids on 'surprise Surprise' i turned to my DH and said 'I shouldn't watch this' and in a blink was consumed by a tsunami of feelings - huge, wrenching, body shaking sobs with snot bubbles of utter emotion, mingled with hysterical laughter at how ridiculous I was being. It went on for ages.

Im 12+5. Never known anything like it, I will not be watching Noel's Christmas Presents this year.

Haylebop12 Sat 28-Sep-13 14:10:57

I cried because dh told me the chicken I was going to cook was out of date.

Oh and last night cos my norks were leaking milk.

I'm having a fricking baby in (approx) 5 weeks. How the fuck did that happen?

Tea1Sugar Sat 28-Sep-13 14:01:37

An old lady opening a box on deal or no deal

The Gmail advert for the Cambridge Satchel Company and Top Gear when 'the boys' did the 24 hour race in a ratty old BMW. I sobbed when JC crossed the finish line. Thankfully OH was at work and I was watching it on Dave in the day so until now it was my guilty little secret.

WhisperMen Sat 28-Sep-13 12:17:12

This morning brought a lovely fit of hysterics because I was making porridge and when I poured the milk on the oats I suddenly realised I had drowned them. I was crying because I had 'killed' the oats and then couldn't eat stuff!

Hattie103 Sat 28-Sep-13 12:09:47

I'm 4 weeks in and find this all hilarious. Only because my husband is going to suffer terribly over the next 9months. I'm bad enough when not pregnant and hormonal! Let the games begin!

MrsVDB Sat 28-Sep-13 07:47:35

My dh came home with the sausage roll I'd asked for but from wrong shop. Cue sobbing. Then sucked it up said thank you and started eating sausage roll. This sausage roll caused crumbs to fall on me. Cue more sobbing about stupid sausage roll.

On a recent flight we were the last to be offered our dinner choices and they had run out of the pasta I was going to choose. Cue sobbing and saying ill have no dinner. Poor air hostess went to business class to get me more options, which I still didn't want as had set my mind on the pasta. The whole (very long) flight she kept bringing me snacks instead. I felt awful

KarmaBiatch Sat 28-Sep-13 01:19:28

BummyMummy your antics of throwing things has me in hysterics! Brilliant!

I have cried at numerous random things, but I recently cried in the middle of a packed shopping mall (in the states) because I got on the wrong escalator and had to go back up a level. Snivelling and snotting on an escalator in Nordstrom is not my proudest moment.

I have also cried doing the ironing, couldn't figure out why the shirts weren't looking as good as normal, and I'd 'ironed' 9 shirts without plugging the bloody iron in! Had to start all over, got through it all and then crumpled in to a sobbing heap on the floor.. the shirts looked nice though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now