Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weirdest thing you have cried about.

(96 Posts)
WhisperMen Thu 26-Sep-13 12:09:39

I am just recovering from a full on sobbing session because the bin bag leaked into the bin so it needed cleaning.

Hormones make us cry over the strangest of things.

Anyone else found themselves a sobbing mess over nothing?

Yankeedoodlenic Thu 26-Sep-13 13:43:44

BummyMummy77 you live in the States and there is no bubble bath?? Are you sure? I am American and I don't seem to remember a shortage of bubble bath.

Funny thing is I never even really take baths - in fact I don't even really like taking baths so I have NO idea why I got so upset about not being able to find some nice bubble bath... it was just that day I really fancied a bubble bath. I always find them to be disappointing though - you wait for the tub to fill up (it takes ages!) then you get in... then I'm like "ughh now what?!" I get bored after about 3 minutes and usually end up having a shower as I don't feel clean getting out of a bath.

BummyMummy77 Thu 26-Sep-13 13:51:07

I've tried shower gel. It doesn't smell the same. And you have to use half a bottle to get enough bubbles. Then my fajita stings for a week lol.

Madratlady Thu 26-Sep-13 13:53:36

I've ben fairly level headed so far, although in my first trimester it seemed like the end of the world that the lawn hadn't been mowed.

I do well up sometimes looking at an old couple I know, they've been married 64 years and she has had a stroke, can no longer communicate and is bed bound. He visits her every day in the nursing home, holds her hand and talks to her or they watch tv together. He tells all of us staff how amazing she is and how she could do anything she tried her hand at when she was fit and well. I'm getting a bit sniffly just thinking about them.

BummyMummy77 Thu 26-Sep-13 13:55:42

You can get maybe one really cheap option that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole in Rite Aid etc if you look hard and you can get really expensive Jo Malone, Neal's Yard imports from little boutique type shops but you don't have whole shelves of it at a reasonable price. I think it's because you guys just aren't as into taking nice long baths everyday.

When I moved her my friend told me "bring lots of bubble bath and spray deodorant" lol!

Maybe it's just a New England thing.

neolara Thu 26-Sep-13 14:04:57

The Fimbles.

Emilycee Thu 26-Sep-13 14:14:48

I got all tearful listening to classic fm! Muat have been a very emotive piece of music!

And adverts with animals in...

Midwives - the moment when the baby emerges and they hand to the mum - every time!!

And last Christmas day watching The Snowman (Snowdog) and I wasnt pregnant then!!

the other week i was sat in the bath and cried over a sad dog video that id watched earlier. I stopped and got out. Then cried hysterically for an hour cause my hands were pruney. Then i looked in the mirror and my eyes were red and puffy and cried again. DP laughed.. alot!!

TheSlug Thu 26-Sep-13 14:26:25

Before I knew I was pregnant, I cried because ukip won some local elections. During my pregnancy I've also cried because it's not Christmas yet, and because so many people wrote lovely things on the thread about the most helpful thing anyone's done for you when you're home with a newborn. I also just cried at that stooopid Facebook post where the wife tells her adulterous husband to carry her out of the bedroom every morning. Big baby!!

I cried the other night because I REALLY wanted apple crumble confused

ellesabe Thu 26-Sep-13 15:33:31

A bunch of flowers looked a bit sad and droopy.

DH bought the wrong type of shower gel.

Every time Britain's Got Talent was on the tv.

When they caught the Cowboy Builder on Crimewatch.

greentshirt Thu 26-Sep-13 15:41:36

Ive never found bubble bath in america either, just some random bath crystal things that are more soapy than anything!

Lets all send bummymummy a bottle! smile

I cried a couple of weeks ago because we were having a dominos and they rang 30 mins after we ordered to say they didnt have the chicken dippers I was having. This was about an hour after I really should have eaten and it pushed me over the edge!!

MummyLuce Thu 26-Sep-13 15:47:42

My daughter leaving home to go to university. She's one.

BummyMummy77 Thu 26-Sep-13 15:57:34

Greentshirt - phew, thought I was living in Weirdsville!

If Dominos didn't bring me my dippers I wouldn't cry. I'd be at the store with an axe! Dominos don't do the potato wedges OR chicken dippers OR the herb dip over here. I nearly moved back when I found out lol.

HenriettaPye Thu 26-Sep-13 16:07:58

One morning on my way to work I seen a poor badger squashed on the road. His body was a flat bloody mess, yet his head and face looked perfect, like he was just asleep. I was inconsolable and had to pull over and have a good sob about it. I arrived at work with puffy red eyes and mascara down to my chin and all my colleagues asked what was wrong. I started to tell them about what i seen and broke down again and my manager sent me home blush

And there's a video in YouTube about a homeless man singing creep by radio head on a radio station, I couldn't breathe I was crying so much. I phoned DH at work and told him about it and cried down the phone that this man was a wonderful singer and deserves a record deal and some money to buy a house and some food and how the world is such a cruel and unfair place sadsad

Off to google it and probably cry some more...although this time I'm not pregnant!

cravingcake Thu 26-Sep-13 16:55:14

Managed to hold back tears when the lovely pharmacist helped me find the iron supplement i wanted.

I did cry during one of the womens wimbledon matches, dont even know who was playing but she was so happy she'd won (it was one of the early rounds as well).

JanieLovesLuckySocks Thu 26-Sep-13 17:08:05

I cried when we got a new washing machine, I felt sorry for the old one and was worried it would think we didn't love it any more sad poor wee washing machine. Crazy hormonal woman!!!

BummyMummy77 Thu 26-Sep-13 17:17:40

JanieLoves - not weird, I did that when we got a new hoover. I even refused to put the old one in the basement because it just 'wasn't right'.

puggywug81 Thu 26-Sep-13 17:18:31

I cried in work yesterday because I couldn't fit a box in a cupboard, I was full on sobbing a colleague put his arm round me and asked if I wanted a hot chocolate I cried more and told him to piss off and stop being nice to me because it was making me worse. He looked horrified and hurried away! Oops

Unfortunately it doesn't end when you have the baby.

My twins will be one on Sunday and I was in Asda this evening and saw some early baby (up to 6lb) pink vests and I burst into tears! My babies were born at 34 weeks and weighed just over 5lb so would have been in that size vest. I am thinking a lot about my last few days of being pregnant last year and the anniversary of the birth and finding myself very emotional about it confused mad

CheeseAndFriedMushrooms Thu 26-Sep-13 20:47:58

I sobbed cried when pregnant with ds1 as I was too tired one evening to wash my hair. Except it really needed washing. But I physically couldn't get up off the sofa. I think this was the first pregnancy-craziness I had shown, so much so that DH offered to wash my hair for me whilst I sat on the sofa, by bringing bowls of water to me sadgrin

For my second pregnancy, I used lots of dry shampoo.

CarefulUpThere Thu 26-Sep-13 20:49:34

The first sign I was pregnant was when I cried at Cameron Diaz' fluffy jumper in "the holiday".

It was just sooo fluffy...

Film was rubbish, btw!

howstupidcanyoube Thu 26-Sep-13 20:58:20

I was pregnant last Christmas. I did some of the cooking early and wanted to put the food in the freezer. But I just couldn't fit it in. OH came home from work and found me sitting on the floor near the fridge and having a total meltdown and eating ice cream just to free up some space
It took him about 3 minutes to rearrange the stuff in the freezer.

BadSeedsAddict Thu 26-Sep-13 21:29:55

BummyMummy, DH has laughed at me for years over that! That, and the death of a computer-animated pig on Walking with Beasts. Just told him I wasn't the only one and he looked at me like I was a loon grin

BummyMummy77 Thu 26-Sep-13 21:42:39

I think an evil alien who is mourning his lack of a duck family is a perfectly logical thing to cry over.

I just had a melt down because I've spent all day cleaning the fridge (it was VILE as dh has been 'in charge' of keeping it clean and chucking stuff out, needless to say there were a few strange lifeforms starting to take up residence and thick, mouldy goop everywhere) and when put one of the shelves back wrong so everything slid out on to the kitchen floor.

I screamed for help and he didn't hear me so I ran outside sobbing and pelted him with corn on the cob.

Then I cried lots more as I was going to make soup from it tonight so now 'he's ruined dinner'.

DaleyBump Thu 26-Sep-13 21:45:00

I wanted a roast dinner but it wasn't Sunday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now