Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just over the 14 week mark and still being/feeling sick

(11 Posts)
thecakeisalie Thu 26-Sep-13 17:24:53

I can so relate. I'm now 13+5 and still suffering, usually sick at least once a day coupled with all day nausea. Its getting seriously frustrating. I had prepared myself for it lasting longer than 12 weeks though as with ds2 it faded off at about 16 weeks. I can only echo what other people have said that hopefully sometime before 20 weeks it'll start fading away. Not really sure I have any other advice as I know how dreadful it is to feel like this everyday it really does sap any energy I have.

louloubellamozzarella Thu 26-Sep-13 16:48:23

I think it fades away gradually for a lot of people - the books/apps saying it'll go at 12 weeks create false hope!!

Mine did get better from 14 weeks. I've had a couple of days of really bad sickness since then (much worse than just feeling nauseous - proper vomiting all day) - BUT in between that have been feeling so much better than I did from week 8 - 14. I'm 17 weeks now - coming up to 18 - and touch wood - I feel nearly back to normal again.

For most people it does subside by 20 weeks so hang on in there - eat lots of carbs often and get plenty of rest smile

Mine ended about 20 weeks.

Just woke up one day and felt fine. It was magic and pure bliss!

mellie45 Thu 26-Sep-13 15:12:09

Mine also eased after about 18 weeks. Hopefully, you"ll be feeling better soon.

ALittleBitOfMagic Thu 26-Sep-13 11:46:33

With dc2 mine ended at about 18-ish weeks . Hopefully you will turn a corner in a few weeks ! smile

Seeline Thu 26-Sep-13 11:31:44

Mine didn't really go until about 16 weeks, although I did notice a definite improvement at about 14 weeks. If I had a late night (ie after about 9pm grin ) I was back to square one! Take it easy, try to avoid getting too tired, or too hungry. It does get better. I was signed off work until 14 weeks, with the GP saying I could go in if I felt OK for the next 2 weeks. I flew to Australia at 19 weeks to visit my sister and was absolutely fine. Hope you feel better soon.

K8eee Thu 26-Sep-13 11:25:45

Well I googled it (like most things I have during pg so far and that's what I read. Load of rubbish grin placenta hasn't taken over and mummy to be is feeling crap grin it will so be worth it, I can't wait until I start showing properly. I currently look like I piled a load of weight on and am bloated hmm I want to embrace my bump!!!!!

Boobybeau Thu 26-Sep-13 11:21:46

Oh, it feels endless when your in it but it will get better and is SO worth it (sorry if that's not much help right now) mine tailed off around 18-20 weeks. I don't know why all the info says it usually gets better around 12wks as that's total rubbish IME and just makes it worse when you still feel like death at 14weeks

K8eee Thu 26-Sep-13 11:16:33

Thanks pink bell, I woke up on Monday bouncing with energy but now feeling rubbish again hmm fingers x I don't have a whole 9 months to contend with of sickness

Pinkbell123 Thu 26-Sep-13 11:13:59

Oh poor you. I found the last couple of weeks were like that, a few good days then an awful one again when I'd be so scared it was back with a vengeance. Mine was all gone by 15-16 weeks though so hopefully you haven't got much longer.

K8eee Thu 26-Sep-13 11:01:32

When will it end?! In the whole 14 weeks of being pg I've had 2 days of enjoying food, and that was the weekend just gone. Have gone back to feeling shattered, worn out and sick again too sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now