Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Joie muze travel system £100 @ mothercare, any good or to good to be true?

(10 Posts)
Peacenquiet2 Wed 25-Sep-13 19:39:55

Anyone know if this is any good? This is dc3 and im on a budget. This pushchair/car seat is on offer at mc and im wondering if its worth putting away or if i'd be wasting my cash?

EmB1715 Thu 26-Sep-13 07:51:29

Sorry no one's answered with any experience but it looks like a good deal to me! Seems that you have to buy a carrycot separately if you want one, although you could just use it in the fully recline position?

Peacenquiet2 Thu 26-Sep-13 09:43:23

Thats ok em, i was'nt sure whether people would have heard about this or not but thought worth a shot asking. Thanks for the reply. Ive never heard of joie prams till now and reviews on the web are scarce!

The carry seat comes as part of the set so thats sort of what made me think maybe it is too good to be true but if id heard good things about it i probably would have got one :-)

Franykins Thu 26-Sep-13 11:14:13

We bought a Joie carseat for one of our twins (we bought different ones as they only had one Joie left at kiddicare and we got a good deal on it and a OBaby one) We were told that they are relatively new as the factory that actually assembles most of the other makes decided to take the best features form them all and make their own. How true this is I don't know but that is why there aren't many reviews, they are a new brand. We haven't used them yet as twins due in 7 weeks but I wish we could have bought two Joie ones they look so much nicer, comfier and sturdier than some of the others. Kinda wishing we paid full price for another one else where but as we're buying for two at once money came in to the equation as well.

Firsttimemummy33 Thu 26-Sep-13 18:14:21

I bought a joie pushchair to use as a stroller when on holiday. It's great and as it reclines fully looks more comfy than my 'real' pram/pushchair. It looks good to. I would definately recommend joie.

Peacenquiet2 Thu 26-Sep-13 19:01:19

Thanks for the replies ladies :-). Thats encouraging to hear about all the best features being put into them, i did'nt take a very close look at the display one in the store so im definitly going to go back and take a closer look now. And the newness explains the lack of reviews!

It did look nice at a glance and it i liked the fully recline feature to use from birth.

I had intended to borrow a carry seat off a friend and get a basic buggy but whats appealing to me is being able to clip the carry seat on the pram with this one, so less disturbing of baby neccessary!

I had the mothercare urban detour with my 2DD's, now expecting DC and have got another, it's a big 3 wheeler which we need, on offer was £170 (£200 + 15% off) again this one came with a car seat, considering u can be looking at £100 alone for a carseat, if u can a decent pushchair included go for it! We ended up with a lightweight stroller a bit later on, but never regretted the travel system smile

EmB1715 Sat 28-Sep-13 10:11:26

Just seen the Joie Aire travel system in the Babies r Us sale for £99.99. Might be worth a look too?

chocosaurus Sat 28-Sep-13 10:19:54

I bought a joie pushchair for £60 from mothercare in the summer as a travel pushchair. My quinny is now in the loft and I use this for everything. It's well made, comfy, easy to fold and compact. Don't know about the travel system though.

Peacenquiet2 Sat 28-Sep-13 20:44:36

Thanks em and choc, ile take a look at the deal in b r u, and that sounds good if its been better than the quinny :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now