Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I just being a wimp?

(25 Posts)
Midwifeandmum Thu 26-Sep-13 23:24:23

That gd hun best of luck xxxx keep us updated

MummyJetsetter Thu 26-Sep-13 16:13:06

The blood pressure thing is really hard to find out about, I have always suffered with dips in blood pressure (even when not pregnant) and obviously by the time you get checked it's normal again! It's something I just figured out for myself over the years. Good idea having bloods taken. Don't worry about the baby, babies are parasitic so will take everything it needs from you leaving you to suffer, sounds horrible but you'd rather that than the other way around. Good luck and I hope they find out what the problem is. Try to get work to ease up on you too! x

RinseAndRepeat Thu 26-Sep-13 13:35:26

Yes saw the doc this morning. Blood pressure was normal. He's sent me for some blood tests tomorrow - to check my glucose and iron levels.

Told me I need to start taking it easier (I've been working quite long hours) and making sure I eat regularly. But he didn't seem too worried so that was reassuring.

I'm actually seeing my midwife tomorrow as well anyway so I'll see what she says too.

Thanks xx

Midwifeandmum Thu 26-Sep-13 11:13:31

Haha, dont worry ive still got baby brain. Did u manage to see ur doc? Xxx

RinseAndRepeat Wed 25-Sep-13 23:42:36

Ha! That's how much my brain is scrambled, you actually said you were a midwife in your post. Sorry, I'm a knob.

I will go to the docs.

RinseAndRepeat Wed 25-Sep-13 23:41:40

Okay I promise I will.

I'm guessing from your username you're a midwife?

Midwifeandmum Wed 25-Sep-13 23:40:29

Go to docs first thing 2moro, im a midwife and i think u need ur bloods and bloodpressure checked xxx

RinseAndRepeat Wed 25-Sep-13 23:31:53

So I fainted tonight sad

To be fair I was stupid and went to an after work thing straight from the office and didn't eat. I'm a dick. Do you think I've done anything bad to the baby?

Stom91 Wed 25-Sep-13 17:06:58

If it's a pregnancy related illness they can't do anything about it. You are baby are most important right now xx

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 25-Sep-13 16:38:08

I second getting your iron levels checked. You might be anaemic.
Get rest if you can.

ButterMyArse Wed 25-Sep-13 16:37:16

ATTENDANCE IS COMPULSORY followed by 'looking forward to having some fun!'

How lovely, compulsory fun. Maybe your body is staging a mutiny.

RinseAndRepeat Wed 25-Sep-13 16:26:56

Will definitely try some iron. I think she's having a growth spurt because in the same time period I've been feeling shit, my bump has become massive.

RinseAndRepeat Wed 25-Sep-13 16:25:30

Thanks! Good to know this is relatively normal.

The event invite said in caps ATTENDANCE IS COMPULSORY followed by 'looking forward to having some fun!'

Lol. It's all a bit North Korea.

HumphreyCobbler Wed 25-Sep-13 16:25:02

I actually think you have a responsibility to yourself to look after yourself when you are pregnant, not push yourself beyond the limits of your endurance.

People experience pg in different ways. My first pg was a breeze, this one has been hell. Just be a little kind to yourself.

SadPander Wed 25-Sep-13 16:24:18

I started feeling like this at about 25 weeks and have just assumed its a return of the tiredness and symptoms from the early stages, thought that was what happened? Maybe will start taking my vitamin again if its not normal.

JRmumma Wed 25-Sep-13 16:13:09

Call in sick tomorrow, surely your employer would rather you missed a 'fun' day than an actual work day?

I felt much more tired during the 20's weeks and often went to work late, and spent most evenings laying on the sofa dozing. Have a rest and take it easy tomorrow and if you still feel rough see your gp for reassurance. I'm sure you ate fine though, just tired!

RinseAndRepeat Wed 25-Sep-13 16:09:14

It's such annoying timing because either I get a GP appointment tomorrow morning and then take Friday morning off as well to see the midwife, or I struggle through tomorrow.

I feel really guilty about being pregnant at work for some reason. I've only been in the job four months and was already pregnant when I started. So I feel like I have to be superwoman when I'm here.

Don't want them to think I'm slacking and pulling the pregnancy card.

Stom91 Wed 25-Sep-13 16:08:11

Low iron? I didn't have low iron but I was signed off with exhaustion at 25 weeks. your body may be telling g you to slow down abit?

Making a baby is hard work.

Thurlow Wed 25-Sep-13 15:59:02

I'd say low iron, I had that about 25w and I remember being elated when the blood tests they did at 26w(? around then anyway) came back with low iron, because it meant I wasn't going to feel like that for the rest of the pregnancy.

I'd call and ask to see a midwife or GP tomorrow. I don't think it sounds awful, but definitely something to get checked, especially with the headache. Pregnancy is not a time to soldier on, always best to get things checked.

RinseAndRepeat Wed 25-Sep-13 15:58:31

I'm seeing my midwife on Friday so will mention it. Low iron might be a good shout actually.

I had to fly to a European city and back on Monday for a work meeting. I was out of the house at 8am and didn't get home until 11pm. Perhaps that's contributed? My job is normally quite full on like that. Normally I can hack it but this past week or so has killed me.

Stupid question but if I'm overtired or ill it's not dangerous to the baby is it?

Dare I call in sick tomorrow...?

MummyJetsetter Wed 25-Sep-13 15:53:54

It's a funny time to get a new batch of feeling crap. You're right in the bit where you should be feeling ok so I'd get checked, I started having funny turns about this point and turned out I was getting low blood pressure from anaemia, easily sorted so best to get checked. Call in sick if you want, you are pregnant! x

ButterMyArse Wed 25-Sep-13 15:43:54

Have you had your iron levels checked? Or could you be coming down with something - cold or flu? I don't think that sounds normal.

HumphreyCobbler Wed 25-Sep-13 15:43:30

you sound ill. You could be low on iron, you could have a bug, just being pregnant doesn't mean you have to suck up feeling like shit.

I would not go tomorrow, who cares if you phoned in sick last week?

I would also get your midwife to have a look at you.

Sarahmains40 Wed 25-Sep-13 15:40:35

Think its normal pregnancy or you could be a little run down. I don't think your a wimp though lol It's awful not feeling your self hope you feel better soon just try and rest have a little nap

RinseAndRepeat Wed 25-Sep-13 15:38:08

I'm 25 weeks pregnant. I've had it comparatively easy so far - some nausea but no puking, been staying pretty fit and active, etc.

But this week I feel dreadful. Totally shattered, no amount of sleep seems to be enough. I've got a banging headache today, feel a bit light headed whenever I stand up and my limbs feel like they're made of lead. I'm like a barely functioning zombie.

There's nothing wrong with me is there? Should I be worried or is this just normal pregnancy rubbish?

I can't believe how steamrollered I feel. There's a big, company forced fun day out tomorrow and I don't know how I'm gonna do it. I would call in sick but I already took a sick day last week because I simply couldn't get out of bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now