Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Can I take anything for a cold?

(54 Posts)
StillPukin Tue 24-Sep-13 19:36:58

I've got a horrible drippy nose and a raw, painful throat. At 25 wks, is there anything I can take or any natural 'remedies'?

babybarrister Colombia Sun 29-Sep-13 11:34:00

DH is a great fan of garlic gloves up the posterior as a cure all!

Xollob Sun 29-Sep-13 20:44:12

babybarrister 'garlic gloves'? whole gloves? That sounds painful! I take it you meant 'garlic cloves'!

He obviously hasn't read the garlic cloves and worms thread that much be in classics by now - hilarious if you have a spare hour!

babybarrister Colombia Sun 29-Sep-13 21:05:59

Whole garlic cloves - peeled! I have read the thread and live with similar side effects thanks to DH!

dizhin79 Thu 03-Oct-13 15:50:51

i'm just getting over a cold and have discovered Belvoir ginger cordial, mixed with honey, lemon and hot water it really soothed my throat smile also and i'm not on commision but avon heavenly hydration planet spa facial oil has repaired my nose every night!

It is so miserable having a cold sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now