Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

back pain and losing a bit of mucus plug at 26weeks

(13 Posts)

Hi,

I over did it yesterday - gardening and trying to get the house straight etc.
Last night I had the most terrible back pain which continued today (so bad I actually cried out when trying to put my trousers on this morning!)
It's been painful all day and this evening I've lost a lump of my mucus plug (sorry tmi).

I'm only 26 + 5days gone.

mamababa Mon 23-Sep-13 21:27:02

Phone midwife/antenatal for advice. Am sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon x

thank you mamababa

mamababa Mon 23-Sep-13 22:13:02

Have you phoned? What did they say?

no blush

I feel like I'd be wasting their time as it was only a smallish amount and it wasn't bloody.

I was hoping for some more reassuring opinions but feel like the lack of replies most likely means it's not that unusual.

Just over worrying probably x

Please call them, you won't be wasting their time.

Perhaps they will say it is nothing, but they might want you to come in so they can assess you. If they think you are at all at risk of premature labour, they will want to give you steroid injections.

Please do call them.

mamababa Mon 23-Sep-13 23:49:13

I agree. I have 2 DC but never had this. That's what they are there for, some reassurance. I fell once at 35 weeks in a car park. Landed on hands and knees not bump but wanted reassurance. They were cool. Consequence high but risk is small. Phone to check please grin

fuckwittery Mon 23-Sep-13 23:53:17

I think you should phone too. Best case scenario, they say don't worry, or keep an eye on it and everything is fine. Worst case, you don't phone, go into premature labour and miss out on steroids that could make big difference to outcome. What is NOT going to happen is that they say you are wasting their time, no way.

DaleyBump Tue 24-Sep-13 00:13:47

Call them.

SecretWitch Tue 24-Sep-13 00:16:13

Please do call. You are not wasting their time. You certainly do not want to place the health of your baby at risk.

Dollybird86 Tue 24-Sep-13 00:16:35

Call them! You wont be wasting there time!

ZingWantsCake Tue 24-Sep-13 00:19:34

OP lacknof replies is in no way a measure of how serious/common your health situation might be!

get checked.
or at least call NHS Direct on 111

loosing some of the mucus plug might mean nothing or it is potentially a massive problem.
I don't mean to scare you but you need professional advice here.

please, please don't hesitate

plentyofsoap Tue 24-Sep-13 07:37:48

Hope you have called them. I had this at 26 weeks and mine was quite serious. Not saying yours would be too, but its always best to check it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now