Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due anyday? Come in here, part three!

(554 Posts)
FastWindow Fri 20-Sep-13 22:48:12

Well we have filled up the second thread.

If you want support or just a moan.

Everyone is welcome!

MummyJetsetter Thu 03-Oct-13 09:55:34

Hi all, about time I joined in here! I'm 39 weeks today but my ds was born at 38+4 so very much feeling overdue now! Silly I know but I'm starting to get back ache and just feel so heavy and sluggish! Las labour I was woken early hours of the morning with waters breaking and ds was born 5 hours later, had no signs anything was going to happen before that so I'm non the wiser when it comes to what to expect as I don't know what I slept through! Getting all sorts of twinges but not leading to anything yet. So confused/frustrated! x

gainsbourg Thu 03-Oct-13 11:10:46

Congratulations pinkapple, you certainly deserved a quick birth after all of that waiting! Is anyone else having any more joy than me?! Still nothing going on here! I'm just focusing on the fact that in 10 days I'll be induced even if the baby refuses to shift before then! Fozziebear - did the BHs amount to anything?

TeWiSavesTheDay Fri 04-Oct-13 06:12:00

Congratulations pinkapple!

I was in false labour all yesterday evening. Tailed off about 10, so at least I got to bed fairly early (then work up before 4! But never mind)

Am hoping the fact that the bh are getting more and more painful and convincing is a good sign.

honey86 Fri 04-Oct-13 10:27:25

another practise runner here -waves-

had a massive 'clear out' (sorry tmi) late last night, then when i laid down i got a massive contraction.. they stayed at 25-30mins apart through the night but the pain itself really ramped up. took paracetamol and hot water bottle had a bounce on my ball and practiced breathing and hypnobirthing... then went to sleep.

woke up this morning n the contractions were gone just leaving me tired n achy.

36 weeks today x

Wickedgirl Sat 05-Oct-13 18:04:51

Honey.....I had the same last night. Painful contractions that woke me up, lasted a few hours and then stopped. Currently 39+3 and very fed up

TeWiSavesTheDay Sat 05-Oct-13 18:17:26

I'm running on 3 days of false or stop/start labour now. Currently having 1 real contraction an hour I reckon, but if last few days are anything to go by it will stop this evening.

So tired.

gainsbourg Sun 06-Oct-13 08:59:53

Ok, I think you guys have got it worse with the false labour etc. I am now 5 days overdue, but am currently getting no signs (even after 'moderately' successful sweep on Friday). Although it feels weird to be feeling completely normal, I guess it's far more preferable than lots of false alarms. Stay strong ladies!

honey86 Sun 06-Oct-13 12:03:07

oh gainsi hope u have bubba soon thanks

another night of false labour for me... still have mild but painful back contractions... but i dont wanna assume anything til its convincing. losing aload of runny milky discharge (sorry) but its not like plug nor water x

TeWiSavesTheDay Sun 06-Oct-13 12:12:29

Being overdue sucks as well gains - I well remember my rage at being asked when I was due and replying 'last Thursday'...

I've txt my MW to ask if 4 days of stop/start about means anything, kind of hoping they'll send someone out to check on me but, really I know it doesn't. Grr.

sillyoldfool Sun 06-Oct-13 14:40:30

Hello, I'm 39+5 today. Not expecting lo to make an appearance soon though, dd1 was induced and dd2 was 11days late.
Dd2 was also well over 10lb, so I am hoping that this one comes a bit earlier so she doesn't get too big!

GreenSunrise Mon 07-Oct-13 09:39:41

Hello all, marking my place. Baby number 2 is due tomorrow and no signs of anything happening yet apart
from mild period pains for the past week.

D S was an EMCS at 37 weeks (before I had finished work) without going into labour when a routine M W appt found that I had severe pre eclampsia and HELLP so this time round is very different and I feel a bit clueless having never experienced labour- I an sure it will be obvious when it all starts going! I am a bit anxious about my waters suddenly going somewhere embarrassing because my mum told me that waters going was the first sign of anything happening with each of her 3 births and she had no previous warning ofaanything starting!

Looking forward to chatting with you all over the next couple of weeks smile

gainsbourg Mon 07-Oct-13 10:12:07

Bah, 6 days overdue now sad Was feeling quite upbeat yesterday, but get a bit more fed up every time I find myself going to bed again without having gone into labour. I got pathetically excited about lower backache last night - but of course it amounted to nothing! I'm going to bake something unhealthy today to distract myself.
TeWi and honey - thanks for the sympathy! TeWi - did the mw get back to you? Honey - an more exciting developments?
Hello to sillyoldfool and greensunrise!
Let's hope something happens for someone today!

sweetiepie1979 Mon 07-Oct-13 10:23:03

Hi all I'm due in 4 days with second, On off bh all weekend mostly around back anybody else have it in their back baby is in correct position. Spd getting worsethough and feel like my pelvis is ggoing to crumble, how on earth can I open my legs wide enough to push a baby out? Anybody else have this worry? Congratulations to all mummys who have delivered so far

sweetiepie1979 Mon 07-Oct-13 10:24:38

Oh also, can you bring your toddler to birth Centre? I'm worried my child care will fall apart at last minute.

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 07-Oct-13 13:01:30

Sweetpie my SPD has got much better now the,baby has dropped.

The on/off contractions apparently mean nothing buuuut my contractions did not stop last,night! Still going spectacularly slowly but I'm 2cm! Hooray!

sweetiepie1979 Mon 07-Oct-13 13:21:46

Baby was 2/5s engaged on Friday. If your 2cm dilated does that mean that your baby's Head fully engaged tewi? Are you worried about spd in Labour?

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 07-Oct-13 14:37:07

Yes, I think so. She is really low down. I honestly haven't had an issue with my hips since she properly dropped - I got pain when walking lower down in my pelvis, but it wasn't nearly as bad.

Sometimes babies don't engage properly until well into labour though... I've seen hands and knees delivery position recommended for SPD because your legs don't need to be as wide apart. (...similar logic to sex positions I assume)

sweetiepie1979 Mon 07-Oct-13 15:00:53

Ok. That's really exciting, your very close. Goodluck x

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 07-Oct-13 15:58:49

Hah, I don't feel very close!

star87 Mon 07-Oct-13 19:03:56

Hi all,

Can I join in? May be a luttle early... am 38 weeks todayand very fed up. Expecting my first so I am completely clueless. Been having mild to moderate bh since thursday afternoon. Really thought that was the beginning, but still no regularity :-(

honey86 Mon 07-Oct-13 19:48:09

no fraid not. had midwife today, contractions gone and babys nowhere near engaged sad

if i hadnt have been in n out of false labour for the last 2 weeks i wouldn't be so fussed. but i was kindof hoping all that fuss wouldve been productive in some sort of way. feel abit angry with my body. hopefully you'll have better luck. passes over ben n jerrys x

SmallBee Mon 07-Oct-13 19:53:45

Hello all! I'm 39+2 today so checking in. I've apparently got a big baby so I'm booked for an induction on Friday, REALLY want to have gone into labour before that though so hopefully the baby will turn up soon. But otherwise this time next week I hope I'll have her.
I don't know about all of you but I am looking forward to being able to eat some of my favourite foods again smile

Has anyone else's relatives already started pestering them about visiting times at the hospital? I know they're just excited for us but at this rate I feel like I will have to draw up some sort of visiting rota for them & I'm not even in yet!!

honey86 Mon 07-Oct-13 22:33:32

hi smile
dont feel you have to 'fit them in'. this is a very intimate, special time and youre going to need to recover and bond with your bubbie.
my hospital have adopted a strict policy of only birth partners and babys siblings to visit. but i have had friends relatives neighbours even random strangers asking me if im having any signs yet hmm humphhh x

sweetiepie1979 Mon 07-Oct-13 22:44:11

I wouldn't let anyone visit me with dd and same this time. They can all wait to I invite them to my house andthen it will be sscheduled to suit me.

sweetiepie1979 Mon 07-Oct-13 22:45:33

Also small bee don't tell them when induction is leave it as a surprise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now