Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due anyday? Come in here, part three!

(554 Posts)
FastWindow Fri 20-Sep-13 22:48:12

Well we have filled up the second thread.

If you want support or just a moan.

Everyone is welcome!

Beckmum4 Wed 25-Sep-13 12:59:00

I'm being induced tomorrow and really scared but at the same time I carnt get my head round it and it feels like it's all a lie. I'm really scared I'm not ready and really really concerned how do I get myself to understand what happening ???????

Kilkers Wed 25-Sep-13 15:07:59

Thanks for the advice, I'm not precious about pain relief and will have whatever I need on the day when it comes down to it. As others have said it's not a competition! I'm still shitting myself though...

Sunshine200 Wed 25-Sep-13 17:47:03

Congrats to everyone who has had their lovely healthy babies.

Rollermum - your delivery sounds tough but what a great result in gorgeous Ida.

I get offered a stretch & sweep on Sunday. Has anyone here ever turned one of those down? I'm not sure I want one although would prefer that to bring induced. Am only 4 days over due tomorrow, but starting to worry about it.

CruCru Wed 25-Sep-13 17:50:33

Sunshine - my obstetrician tried to give me one last time but my cervix was too high and it hurt too much so she stopped - if it is super painful, ask them to stop (obstetrician said if it hurts that much it's unlikely to be successful).

Xiaoxiong Wed 25-Sep-13 21:06:57

I had 2 sweeps with DS last time and contractions started as soon as I got into the corridor to head home after the second one at 41+4. So I would go for it. As far as i remember my cervix was v soft and receptive so it was uncomfortable rather than painful but the hypnobirthing relaxation helped a lot smile

I had the c-section preop today and they jabbed me in the bum with steroids to help the baby's lungs - second jab tomorrow. I was really surprised but apparently now recommended for all babies born by elective section prior to 38+6 and I will only be 38+4! It stung like anything and now I feel really rubbish and off colour (they did warn me).

CruCru Wed 25-Sep-13 21:37:26

Can I whinge? I am so tired. DS is awesome but he is very active - this morning we had an appointment then went to the shoe shop then the park then I fixed him some lunch then my Mum came round then I went to get the flu jab.

Not helped by me getting very mixed sleep. I had a nap yesterday but didn't today. Ugh.

CruCru Wed 25-Sep-13 21:38:54

On the other hand, a super nice Italian lady (think she was the child's grandmother) insisted on lifting DS into and out of the swing for me. Am loving the consideration.

PenelopeLane Thu 26-Sep-13 05:56:46

I've had what I think is false labour twice now and it's really frustrating - the first time I was in so much pain I was bent double for a couple of hours, but then had a bath and it went away. Second time was in the middle of the night when I had over an hour of regular-ish pains in my back and front, which again, went away. Is anyone else getting this? Am 39 weeks now ..

I know people say "you'll know" when it's labour, but I have been through labour before, and how I've felt both times is consistent with the beginnings of that, the only difference being it didn't get worse. I keep trying to remind myself to be patient ...

Xiao that's interesting about the steroids

Re pain relief, I'd love an epidural and was begging for one last time, but things had moved to quickly by that point. I have no scruples about pain relief though

Good luck beck for your induction

Fozziebearmum2be Thu 26-Sep-13 15:33:33

Hi - hope you don't mind me crashing smile

My due date is today and spent the day fending off the 'any twinges?' any news' texts.... Been having stronger and stronger tightening over the last week or so, had dodgy tummy and period pains, wish it would either start or stop!

I've been wondering about the difference between contractions &. BHs too - everyone just says 'you'll know' but difficult when it's first baby? Any tips?

I don't fancy having a sweep-being offered one tomorrow, but might give it another week as reckon things may start on their own next week if I'm still waiting....

Hodgies Thu 26-Sep-13 17:28:56

Sunshine200 - I turned down a sweep this week but I was only 38+4. Just didn't feel like I was at the stage of wanting a stranger's fingers up my bits confused
I had one with my last baby but was 40+4 by that point so much more receptive. I apparently was very unfavourable and she couldn't even do it but it must have triggered something as I went into labour that night!

Labour built up gradually for me the second time, I'd been induced the first time so wasn't sure what it would be like. Firstly pains that just made me sit up a bit, then needed me to stand up, then walk around and then have to concentrate and breathe through them. They got closer together over the course of a few hours but wasn't until I started timing them and I had 3 in 10 mins that I actually thought that was it!

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and quite sure I'll still be here next week waiting lol.

dollyfinz Thu 26-Sep-13 17:42:20

Bit late to be joining but finding this thread such a comfort as I'm 41+4 today with my 1st baby. I've had 2 failed sweeps, no show, no BH, no nothing! As I live on an island without midwife services, I've been staying in a b&b on the mainland for almost 4 weeks now waiting for things to happen, but am now booked to be induced on Saturday. Had so hoped for a water birth in the CMU but feel hopes fading fast. One last shot at a sweep tomorrow, fingers crossed! At my 2nd scan, they bought my DD forward a week, now think that was a mistake? Sorry for the moaning, just needed to get that off my chest!
Good luck to everyone else here smile

Sunshine200 Thu 26-Sep-13 20:08:19

I didn't realise people got offered sweeps before their due date.

Am 4 days over now. Concerned I was getting a bit of 'leaking'. Been told to put a bit of loo roll down below to see of it gets wet or just damp - oh the joys!

Fozzie - a dodgy tummy is a good sign that things will happen for you soon.

donttellalfred Thu 26-Sep-13 20:14:44

Sunshine200, I sympathise - late pregnancy is hopefully the only time in life when I will sniff my knickers and wonder, is that my waters breaking of have I just wet myself a bit? grin

Hope all went well for you today Beck.

Xiaoxiong Thu 26-Sep-13 20:15:01

Just put DS to sleep - last night with just him as my baby! Such mixed emotions and he wanted a big cuddle as he fell asleep with his arms round my neck. I must admit I had a little weep into his ear as he whispered "nice mama, luff you mama" sadblush

CruCru Thu 26-Sep-13 22:59:23

Ah that is nice! How old is your boy?

I'm a bit nervous of having another baby. DS, DH and I are a nice, settled little bunch and it seems weird to upset the dynamic by bringing someone else into it. DS is being picked up on Monday by his grandparents and I think I'll get a bit teary then.

CruCru Thu 26-Sep-13 22:59:32

Ah that is nice! How old is your boy?

I'm a bit nervous of having another baby. DS, DH and I are a nice, settled little bunch and it seems weird to upset the dynamic by bringing someone else into it. DS is being picked up on Monday by his grandparents and I think I'll get a bit teary then.

Xiaoxiong Thu 26-Sep-13 23:35:09

He's 2 in December - that's exactly it, I feel like a settled little unit with him and DH. What if we ruin this great family we've already got by introducing a new baby as a wild card... Sob! DH has told me, as gently as possible, that he feels the same but to get a grip grin

CruCru Fri 27-Sep-13 07:48:05

I hope it goes well for you today.

PinkApple86 Fri 27-Sep-13 08:54:46

Hope you go into labour today dolly I had second sweep yday. Some cramps in the evening and woke up to a big lump of plug this morning but this happened last time. Seems it's never ending. Induction booked for Tuesday and I think I'll need it I just can't see myself going into labour

FastWindow Fri 27-Sep-13 13:36:18

Crucru and xiao, I felt the same. Ds is 3, so you wonder how is all going to change. Juno is five days old and already we are used to her being part of the family, as if she had always been. So don't worry about that, the love expands to include everyone!!

Xiaoxiong Sat 28-Sep-13 02:31:55

Thanks all - DS2 arrived this afternoon so calmly and peacefully and is gorgeous! So familiar but new - looks like DS1 but ever so slightly different in lots of ways. He has latched on like a champ - probably helps that DS1 is still bfing so there's plenty of milk - but he is snoring so loudly I can't sleep grin like trying to snooze next to a creaking door.

He is 8lbs6oz and 56cm at 38 weeks. We have named him Giles William.

It feels like the family is perfect now, just can't wait for DS1 to meet him smile

PinkApple86 Sat 28-Sep-13 08:32:54

Congrats Xiao Glad your lo arrived safely thanks

Xiaoxiong Sat 28-Sep-13 11:47:14

Just wanted to add, for anyone interested, best buy for hospital bag so far has been a pair of £10 black yoga pants from sainsbury's with a foldover waistband - when unfolded they go up to my ribs, no waistband to sit on scars and nice and loose down below!!

juniper9 Sat 28-Sep-13 14:34:22

Anyone else trying to sweep themselves?! Or just me?

DP is a doctor but refuses to do it as he 'doesn't want to do a medical procedure' on me. I'm verging on reaching for the knitting needles...

PinkApple86 Sat 28-Sep-13 15:22:23

I did let dh try and feel baby's head and he got really freaked out as I'm 2cm dilated and he actually did feel it (that was the moment he realised there's a real baby in there I think lol) but I wouldn't want him to actually try and do a sweep as he is not medically trained. I think dtd is the closest thing with the added bonus of the sperm which is supposed to soften the cervix. No luck so far though. It's another night on the bouncy ball for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now