Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due anyday? Come in here, part three!

(554 Posts)
FastWindow Fri 20-Sep-13 22:48:12

Well we have filled up the second thread.

If you want support or just a moan.

Everyone is welcome!

BummyMummy77 Tue 19-Nov-13 20:52:17

Did you get any shoes Storm? It's SO disheartening when you walk loads, nothing happens and you're just knackered with a back ache. My midwife has told me to stop if I'm not comfortable. She says I should be sleeping and eating right now.

Midwife came today, she says I'm definitely having contractions, I thought it was him flexing his legs lots. She says she's happy to send me for a scan but his heart rate is fine and he's moving lots so she suggests we wait until Monday then do a sweep. Then if that doesn't work, castor oil, then hospital.

Does clary sage smell nice? It's the one thing I haven't tried lol!

x

StormBird Tue 19-Nov-13 21:11:00

yes I did get sone shoes...well winter boots but they're lovely. I'm chuffed!! it's hard work shoe shopping when your so preggers and def not somrthing id recommend if your prone to swelling, hence the reason I ventured out in the morning..less swelling then!

I'm surprised the midwife is advocating caster oil, it seems to be a no go here nowadays! the clsry sage isn't unpleasant, it's different but I don't mind it at all! I'd rry the clary sage before the castor oik bummy. however, it did cost a tenner for 10ml....that's a pound per ml....rip off merchants grin

StormBird Tue 19-Nov-13 21:11:52

sorry for typos! blush

BummyMummy77 Tue 19-Nov-13 21:17:51

One thing I've not had is swelling. But my back has put paid to any shopping for the last couple of months.

I'll definitely try the sage. Castor oil is a last ditch attempt before the hospital which will almost certainly result in a c section which she knows I'm terrified of (obviously if it's a case of ds's safety I won't give it a thought). The obgyn I'd have there has a fantastically high c section rate already. Add to that the fact I'm old (36) and overdue and my midwife has said she'd be shocked if he didn't. And she loses all power as soon as she goes in with me and basically just becomes a coach.

StormBird Wed 20-Nov-13 04:59:25

wow they do do things differently over there eh!! it's great that you are actually having contractions...that is progress. I didn't get swelling in my 1st pg but by the end of the day I can be like elephant woman this time round...apparently that's carrying girls for you or so all my aquaintances like to point out!

by the way 36 isn't bloody old!! wink

I'm having terrible trouble managing a full nights sleepsad it's quite depressing! I'm so tired during the day I feel like I'm really not paying my ds enough attention. since being on mat leave he's become a proper little telly addict and its all my fault. poor child.

so I had the clary sage burner on by my bed until dp came to bed and blew it out...so a good 1hr or so.....nothing has kicked off though. I'll keep trying.

I can't believe there'sbeen no babies birn in this thread the past day or so...wheres everone gone??? wink

x

2Labradors Wed 20-Nov-13 07:04:32

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining at 38+5. This is my 3rd baby. I went overdue with both of my other pregnancies but this pregnancy has been so different, and I've had pains on and off in an evening for about a week now. Although, I don't want to get my hopes up too much on going into labour early.

I've read through the past few pages.

bummy I really hope things happen for you very soon

storm I'm struggling to get a full nights sleep too now, been up since 5:30am sorting washing as I'd given up trying to get back to sleep.

We're having a carpet fitted today, I've organised to go out with my mum tomorrow and I'm having furniture delivered on Friday, so hopefully that means baby will arrive as it's a really inconvenient time grin

ems1910 Wed 20-Nov-13 18:53:17

Hello all. Sorry been awol. Welcome labradors!

How are we all? Storm and Bummy?

Period type cramps all afternoon here. Was 2/5 palpable on Monday. Not that that matters! Cramping is irregular but definitely waves with a peak. about to have a bath and take some paracetamol then relax with er boxset and I'm a Celeb...shhh, trashy tv smile

StormBird Wed 20-Nov-13 19:15:58

welcome Labradors smile I too went overdue first time round.....i really don't want to go 10days over again but it's my due date tomorrow and so far nothing sad fingers x all you best laid plans are interrupted by a new arrival grin

hi ems....crampy pains are a good sign....when was/is your due date again? enjoy your relax in front of the tv.

nothing to report here other than I'm finding it increasingly hard to move. I have an mw app tomorrow AM so I'm thinking I might lay it on a bit thick about how much I'm struggling to function now especially with a toddler in tow and no family around to assist. dya think it'll work. plus dp is working away and becoming increasingly anxious himself that he might not make it in time.

I'm starting to feel much more anxious myself as the days go by now too, struggling to relax and have very little patience which is not good for my poor little ds sad

urgh!!

hope everyone else is doing ok x

CuteLittleToes Wed 20-Nov-13 19:53:47

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Came back to hospital at 4 am yesterday, they only examined me at 9am and I was 9cm! Had water birth with only gas&air, and my gorgeous little boy arrived at 10.53. He was 6lb 14oz and is healthy and so perfect in every way... We named him Cian Patrick.

Sending some labour dust your way girls, I hope your babies will start popping out soon!

PS I don't know if it was definitely the cause, but my waters broke while I was sitting on gym ball... So would recommend that if you haven't tried it yet! Apparently it also helps the baby to move into optimal position and move down.

2Labradors Wed 20-Nov-13 21:02:08

Congratulations cute on your baby boy, how lovely. I might have a sit on my gym ball for a bit smile

My waters didn't break on their own with my other 2 pregnancies, think I will freak out a bit if they do this time, I'm not sure what it would feel like.

I've had some crampy feelings today, can't really say they're painful, and they haven't really developed into anything. It's spurred me into writing a list on the fridge of all the up and coming activities my children have for the next few weeks in case I'm in hospital, don't want them to be the children on own clothes day in their school uniforms!

StormBird Wed 20-Nov-13 21:25:38

awww cute well done and a huge congrats on your boy grin thanks

Labrador.....i am dreading the moment I realise "this is it" , that I'm actually in labour and I don't remember feeling this way about it the first time round. the show, the waters breaking, the pain....it fills me with dread just lately....I've reAlly gotta get a grip!!! confused

BummyMummy77 Wed 20-Nov-13 21:47:01

I read that and ran off to get my ball Cute lol.

Congrats lady!!!! thanks

Welcome 2 Labs

Storm, yep the maternity system here is disgusting. They spend over twice what any other country does yet have the highest baby/Mum mortality rate in the whole Western world.

Nothing last night or today. Starting to resign myself to the fact he doesn't want to come out on his own.

Fingers crossed ems. smile

BummyMummy77 Thu 21-Nov-13 10:10:10

Random contractions all night now they're about 5-6 minutes apart and I've just lost my mucous plug.

Please God let this be it!

Bloody hurts though! Wasn't expecting that.

TwoTearsInABucket Thu 21-Nov-13 14:53:39

Best of luck bummy mummy, I've been thinking of you x

Jalexis Thu 21-Nov-13 15:32:11

Hi all, checking in! Due today, no signs yet though.

Bummy, good luck! Let us know how you go grin

StormBird Thu 21-Nov-13 18:31:51

thinking of you bummy....good luck grin

saw the midwife today (40 wks) they won't sweep me til I'm 41 so I've booked in grin with dp to dtd everyday lol shock . she did say we're 2/5ths engaged now but babies head pops in and out of my pelvis very easily. so the waiting game continues

hope your all doing ok xxx

StormBird Fri 22-Nov-13 19:57:21

I keep checking in for newsfrom bummy.....hoping you're ok smile

nothing to report here sad

xx

StormBird Sun 24-Nov-13 08:54:35

has everyone had their babies??? please don't tell I'm the last saddo left on the thread sad still nothing going on here!!

MissRatty Sun 24-Nov-13 12:38:41

I'm still waiting! Getting fed up too :-( uncomfortable and miserable!

StormBird Sun 24-Nov-13 14:15:14

oh missratty...how far are you now? 40+3 here sad

on the plus side....I've just put my tree up. well....if the baby is determined to be late, I'm determined to be organisedgrin

2Labradors Mon 25-Nov-13 10:37:50

I'm still waiting. Am 39+3 today. I've been up again with pains in the night, they became regular at one point and then went all irregular again, plus it's not too painful. It's frustrating, I would rather have nothing or real labour, this unsure thing is pants.

It's pay day for me today, and was thinking of popping out to spend some money but I'm a bit scared of leaving the house especially on my own. So, I'm going to watch a film or have a snooze if I can.

storm is your tree lovely? I do love Christmas time. I have an advent calendar for the baby, which I will have to eat for him grin

ems1910 Mon 25-Nov-13 16:40:47

Hello! 39+4 now. Got a painful uti and thrush in my bladder apparently :/

Luckily I got some meds from the ooh doctor on Saturday as the quickest my gp can ring me to discuss the results is Tuesday 3rd!

StormBird Mon 25-Nov-13 19:43:15

oh ems that's awful. I hope the meds work quick.

2labs. our tree is lovely thanks and it's a good job I put it up.....

currenty in hospital. came cos of reduced movement....baby was traced and is well. so they decided as I'm 40+4 they'd sweep me here and now. it fecking hurt like hell sad . but they discovered I was already 2-3cm dilated so have decided that I need to see a doc to determine if it's worth sending me home. im getting tightnings now which are uncomfortable not painful and I'm trying to.keep active. to get it going but I feel a bit unprepared now shock

the pains are in my back which might indicate another back to back baby. sad this is not good as my ds was very difficult to birth like this.

jemimastar Mon 25-Nov-13 21:15:31

Hi all!! Late joiner here, am 39 weeks today with our 1st. Belly is so low, heavy & uncomfy but babies kegs or back still sems rigidly under my ribs a lot....even walking 5mins to the chemist today was a big task. Really really hoping I won't get seriously overdue hmm

StormBird Thu 28-Nov-13 23:09:53

hello everyone.

I hope your doibg wrll...

NEWS:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now