Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due anyday? Come in here, part three!

(554 Posts)
FastWindow Fri 20-Sep-13 22:48:12

Well we have filled up the second thread.

If you want support or just a moan.

Everyone is welcome!

FastWindow Sun 22-Sep-13 05:01:23

Looks like things are beginning to happen! 40+5 and having really uncomfortable stabby-but not-spd pains accompanied by some waters. I wonder if I should ring anyone yet.
The pinkish discharge was obviously a good sign, and I noticed my boobs were starting to go a bit Pammy as well.

FastWindow Sun 22-Sep-13 05:02:25

Hey, look at all the new people! Hi everyone <waves>

Nellysgirl Sun 22-Sep-13 05:22:37

Oooo exciting fastwindow! If in doubt call I say. And of course keep us all informed xx

Babyonway3 Sun 22-Sep-13 06:11:40

38 weeks today with no.3(after a 12 year gap) and having irregular contractions daily. went in 3 days ago because they became more regular, 10 minutes apart and strong, and baby is breech so went in earlier than I would do otherwise - I was due an ECV so they gave me something to 'stop' the contractions and tried the ECV the next day - dreadful and didn't work (my second ECV - don't bother they are awful!). Every day I am getting contractions, 30 mins apart, 20 mins, 10 mins, then nothing for a few hours/a night....driving me crazy - when is this thing going to start again properly? I gotta get to hospital on time for C-section!

Babyonway3 Sun 22-Sep-13 06:13:51

Anyone else with crazy irregular contractions? Thought they were braxton hicks but on the monitor a few days they were the real thing, but no dilation..? would love to hear from you? smile

Sunshine200 Sun 22-Sep-13 07:02:52

Xiao, that sounds tough - hopefully they will deliver your baby early for you?

I know how extra exhausting it is with a 2 year old, my dd1 turned 2 this week, and is an early riser, and not the best sleeper.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

My due date today and no signs yet - not feeling too great either.

donttellalfred Sun 22-Sep-13 12:58:26

Hello, can I join? Due tomorrow, really thought this one was going to be early but it seems not... Already had three sweeps, each time the mw says cervix 'ready to go' etc etc so where is blooming baby?

Currently bouncing halfheartedly on my birthing ball. Thought I had a contraction but it turned out to be indigestion from bouncing too soon after lunch.

Good luck to all those with things getting started today!

honey86 Sun 22-Sep-13 14:27:54

oohhh good luck fast smile

ive had irregular cramps/ contractions for a good week n a half so far but im still a tad too early so they arent allowed to progress x

FastWindow Sun 22-Sep-13 15:04:33

Hi ladies

Well I had a little girl at 815 this morning after a two hour labour. Got to 6cm on two paracetamol. Not recommended!! Too late for epidural which I knew I wanted by the third contraction.

8lb 1oz, perfect little lady. I'm still in shock from the sneeze birth and the fact that she isn't a boy!!

She's called... Juno

mummratheevertired Sun 22-Sep-13 15:25:05

Congratulations FastWindow well done! Lovely name Juno. We went with Beatrix in the end. Xx

FastWindow Sun 22-Sep-13 15:45:09

Hi mummra, thanks! Just recovering post stitches for minor tear due to speed she came!

I really like Beatrix. I like the unusual but easy to spell or pronounce.

PinkApple86 Sun 22-Sep-13 15:53:01

Wow congrats fast thanks

honey86 Sun 22-Sep-13 15:53:10

congratulations! grinthanks

Charlystar Sun 22-Sep-13 16:51:40

Congratulations fast

I had my 2nd session of acupuncture today so hoping, preying, wishing it happens tonight.

Ive def felt more cramping and more pressure downwards today so all good.

mummratheevertired Sun 22-Sep-13 17:11:15

I went into labour the same night day as my second acupuncture Charly - so fingers crossed.

Slight tear for me too Fast window. Was at home with co-codamol until 2.5 hours before she was born, so know what you've been through. Good work!

Charlystar Sun 22-Sep-13 17:55:38

Ooooh i hope it works for me too then. Did you feel any different after your acupuncture? Or did your labour start out of the blue? mumra

mummratheevertired Sun 22-Sep-13 18:00:23

Well it's hard to say because do' had a sweep the same day and apparently I was ready to go anytime so felt like it could be anytime. But contractions just started really after a bit of a show. Second rounds of acupuncture meant to be quite successful though but if you're not ready then who knows. Fingers crossed for you though.

juniper9 Sun 22-Sep-13 18:04:58

I'm 39 weeks today by scan dates, or 40 by my dates. Had wetness in Knicks earlier too, but no other signs and so I've just put it down to watery discharge. I think.

I'm far too tired to go into labour- sleeping appallingly at the moment. I seem to stay asleep for 2 hours at best, then lie awake until next 2 hour session.

Charlystar Sun 22-Sep-13 18:07:07

I had my sweep on thursday and mw said id started to soften and dialate, have had a show each day since so fingers and toes crossed for tonight.

honey86 Sun 22-Sep-13 20:17:44

good luck charly thanks

Kilkers Sun 22-Sep-13 20:38:02

Congrats FastWindow, brilliant news. Absolutely love the name, enjoy your newborn snuggles xx

PenelopeLane Sun 22-Sep-13 22:49:01

Congrats fast. Did you make it to hospital in enough time?

I was googling obsessing over when the baby might come and found this really interesting website if you're interested about when most babies come

spacefem.com/pregnant/charts/duedate0.php

It was good for me to read as made me feel much more patient, as I still have 10 days until my due date and the cramps aren't getting any worse so I may be late again

enjolraslove Mon 23-Sep-13 02:03:15

Oooh can I join you? I'm now 41 weeks with dc2. Had a sweep on fri and midwife said the cervix was soft and 1cm dilated but since then nothing- despite bouncing on the ball to the amusement of dd! I was induced at 42 weeks with dd and really, really wanted this to be different. Not because it was bad really but just wanted to know what it felt like to actually go into labour.
Booked for induction next sat so am losing hope really.
Fed up.

Love the names Juno and Beatrix. Both so elegant.

Hopeful2013 Mon 23-Sep-13 06:29:49

Hi Everyone,

I was on the last thread and just thought I would check in to let you know I had a beautiful little girl on Wed 18th Sept weighing 8lbs 12 oz. I ended up with a bit of a nightmare labour which had started on Mon and ended in forcep delivery Wed night but I can honestly say she is worth every stitch!! Good luck to everyone, I found this thread a real source of support especially as I was 40+15 by the time I had her!!

midori1999 Mon 23-Sep-13 08:26:43

Congratulations fast
smile

Can I join in please? I'm 37 weeks today but hoping to have a sweep (they did agree to this last week) at my hospital appointment today. I'll also get my induction date for next week, which will hopefully be Monday, although I'd like to go into labour naturally before that ideally. Except for DC1, all of my DC have been born before 38 weeks, 3 of them between 37 and 38, so I've got everything crossed! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now