Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

diabetes with preg , booked in newham but really afraid after reading reviews

(9 Posts)
gg1234 Thu 19-Sep-13 03:06:54

Hi All
I am type 2 and preg
I am booked in newham for my due date in march .But I am not very confident specially I find its overloaded all the time .Can u suggest some good hospitals in east london

gg1234 Thu 19-Sep-13 03:08:23

Can I change my hospital even in the middle of my 5th month

thecherryontop Thu 19-Sep-13 11:34:41

I'm current at whipps cross and to be honest it's always overloaded,so probably not much better if any -I was actually going to go and have a tour of newham as I'm between both of them -think you can self refer or maybe see a gp to do it?

gg1234 Mon 23-Sep-13 00:45:21

can someone tell me if i moved out of east to south now would ibe able to change my hospital ????

BiBiBroccoli Mon 23-Sep-13 00:50:43

I lived in East London when I had dd1 and went to Royal London in whitechapel as i didn't want to go to Newham. They were pretty good but like anywhere it is so much to do with who you get on the day and how your labour goes.

I had ds at Whipps and although my ante natal and post natal care was crap - labour ward were amazing.

As far as I know you can change your mind at any time during your pregnancy? The only difference with going to hospital outside of my catchment was that I had to have my ante natal care at the hospital rather than with the local midwife at the gp.

gg1234 Thu 26-Sep-13 16:12:49

Thanks biBI and cherry ...

if you transfer your care does your appointments stop in the middle ?
morever what u think is better in terms of diabetic preg neham or royal london .

callamia Thu 26-Sep-13 16:18:26

You can change your hospitals at any point. You can also go 'out of area' - I know that Lewisham will take people from neighbouring boroughs.

The Royal London have incredible neonatal care, but I'm not sure about labour wards etc.

I'm Newham (at the moment, about to move) and am using Royal London Whitechapel as I'd heard horror stories about Newham General.

GPs may not want to refer you, but you can choose any hospital, at any time, for your care. You can certainly move at 5 months.

I love Royal London - will probably stick with them, even after we move to Lewisham Borough. They are also connected to the Barkantine (MW-led unit), if that's of interest?

gg1234 Fri 27-Sep-13 22:27:50

thanks callamia and Humpty Dumpty smile Thanks for reply
Labour wards and postnatal care are not good anywhere if u bother to deliver in london.Its becoz they are so many patients.A frd of mine delivered in oxford and she got 1-1 attention

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now