Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Home birth with number 2?

(26 Posts)
popocatepetl Wed 11-Sep-13 20:16:20

I'm 17 weeks with baby number 2 and saw midwife today. She was really pushing for me to have a home birth as DS1 came really quickly (about 11 hours even though he got stuck and needed ventouse) and she thinks I'd be at risk of giving birth in a lay-by!

Has anyone else had a midwife being really really pro home birth? Not sure if she genuinely thinks it's the right thing for me personally or if it's just that home births are what midwives think are the best thing generally.

Mckayz Thu 19-Sep-13 11:57:56

I had my 2nd and 3rd at home. It was wonderful compared to the farce of DS1 in hospital.

There was no real mess as the MWs bring mats and we put a big taurpaulin on the floor. DD (No3) was a home waterbirth and it was incredible.

After DS2 was born my (now) XH went and got us a chinese takeaway to eat. Much better than the mouldy sandwich the hospital tried to make me eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now