Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Couldn't live without maternity items....

(16 Posts)
pokesandprodsforthelasttime Tue 10-Sep-13 16:50:35

Leggings - they weren't in fashion when I had DD so I had to put up with with crappy uncomfortable jeans that fell down all the time.

I liked my birth ball at the end last time, it was only place I could get comfy sometimes.

But mainly my bath grin

Bodicea Tue 10-Sep-13 16:43:42

Fit flop type shoes or any type of shoe with and unstable base and thick sole. It hurts me to stand flat footed. I can't even cope with being bare foot round the house.

Wedge pillow. I have found more useful than any other pillow parephenalia as I can put it exactly where need most.

Love maternity leggings as don't get paranoid they are falling down all the time. Mine were from jojomaman bebe. Getting a bit tight now though. Pre pregnancy size only fit me in 1, 2nd and first few weeks of third trimester.

Cheap seamless crop top type bras to wear In bed. Need support for massive boobs but don't want anything digging in anywhere.

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Tue 10-Sep-13 16:25:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissHC Tue 10-Sep-13 16:06:01

My leggings from Mamas & Papas. Bought around 10 weeks and now at 30+4 they're still very comfy and room to grow. Was one of my most expensive maternity wear items but sooo worth it.

Mama Spanx. Sadly also not cheap but great for under tight dresses!

PinkApple86 Tue 10-Sep-13 15:39:02

I second big cotton pants and loads of leggings.Also sports bras.

StillPukin Tue 10-Sep-13 15:34:28

Ballet type shoes when its dry and wellies when its wet (yep, I have no pride, haha) Easy to get on/off and most importantly.....comfy!! smile

Excited2meetmyprincess Tue 10-Sep-13 15:32:04

Flip flops for my fat feet. Lol. And my over bump jeggings from amazon. £8 a pair and the most comfortable thing ever!! Plus they hold me in shape and smooth any bumps xx

Idk why the link didnt work sad! you may have to cut and paste xx

Theres one pair -- these are the comfiest !! smile im a size 18-20 and the 18s fit perfectly.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=221196748504

These ones are the realllly high up ones. They're.cropped but u could always wear them under something else now that the weather is getting colder smile

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=170807120087

Sorry about the mobile links. Im using my phone so it happens automatically sad x

Bump band! And comfortable pyjamas. I'm down to one pair of PJ bottoms that still fit (just about) over my bump. I wish I had another pair so I could slob about in the evenings properly, but as I'm due in 6 days there doesn't seem much point in buying anymore.

muppetthecow Tue 10-Sep-13 15:27:57

Doc Marten's. My feet spread loads with both pregnancies and they were all I could get on my feet! Slightly less problematic with DS1 (winter baby) than DS2 (21 days old). Stupid bloody heatwave angry

With DS2 I also couldn't get enough Coco Pops hmm

Bear with me :D x

TheGreatCatsby Tue 10-Sep-13 15:25:54

i need the link to those magic leggings IMMEDIATELY pls Bun.... ;)

the support band keeps lines smooth too and stops wobble. And maternity leggings off ebay come more or less under your boobs. Keeps mine nice and tucked it. Actually makes u look pregnant instead of just wobbly (IMO) x

Big full briefs from asda/tesco! Packs of 5 for 3quid.
Widgey maternity cushion for comfy nights sleep.
A fridge full of chocolate ;)
Depending on how your pains get, (i have awful ligament damage in my bump) - a supportive belly band

Im sure i'll think of more smile (im 28 weeks) x

TheGreatCatsby Tue 10-Sep-13 15:15:51

what has been your staple can't live without item for your pregnancy (more than one welcomed!!)

I am 16wks preg with number 4 and still have slight jellywobble belly from the previous three pregnancy so have found shapewear to be a real boost to my confidence this time round right from the outset.... my bump has been prolific since about 10wks so needed smoothing from the very start!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now