Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First scan appt still not received, when should I chase it up?

(29 Posts)
K8eee Sat 07-Sep-13 07:09:01

I'm going to be 11 weeks pregnant on Monday, and had my first midwife appt Tuesday just gone. I was told that in our hospital they scan between 11+6 weeks and 13+6 weeks. The hospital are going to send me an appt, and I have been told to chase it up if I don't receive it anytime soon; but how long should I wait before giving them a call? I have no idea how quick the process is of a referral :-/

Grumblelion Sat 07-Sep-13 13:01:11

Think the HIV ones etc were done at my midwife booking appointment - the ones at the scans were for a study they were doing into pre-eclampsia risk factors but I'm sure they also used them somehow to calculate the risks of trisomy abnormalities etc. Those are the ones we had to wait for to get the whole report after the scan and was quite normal at Kings (I didn't have them specially IYSWIM). Though it's quite possibly done differently at other hospitals - look at the "to wee or not to wee" advice!

Yes, I remember the hormone readiness very well Some days it's still there 8 months later too smile The first scan is the worst one to wait for - I was going mental! Totally worth it though smile

Grumblelion Sat 07-Sep-13 13:10:11

readiness = teariness!

vj32 Sat 07-Sep-13 19:38:03

If you don't like blood tests you can get your first routine tests and the NT ones done at the same time. I never have midwives take my blood, have difficult veins, low blood pressure and I faint. When I tell the midwives that they are usually very happy for someone else to do it!

K8eee Sat 07-Sep-13 22:47:32

Ah the blood test itself doesn't bother me too much smile the changing over of tubes I'm never keen on. Sweaty palms galore, but I just have to look away and remember its all worth it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now