Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

stunned, don't know where to go from here

(17 Posts)
lowra Fri 30-Aug-13 19:26:07

I went for an 8 week reassurance scan today following an early mc last cycle. They could not find a yoke in the sac and said the pregnancy had never really developed. I can't believe it. I've been so sick and tired all week and have been feeling really pregnant.
I had my bloods done as they need to rule out an ectopic and I need to get them done again on Monday to check if th HCG is reducing. I think I'll then have to be scanned again next week in the epu but they are hoping nature will take it's course.
I feel devastated. I'm 37, been trying a year for number 2, nothing and then 2 miscarriages. Don't know if I can do this again sad

SaucyJack Fri 30-Aug-13 19:36:44

So sorry thanks

PumpkinPie2013 Fri 30-Aug-13 19:54:45

So sorry for you - I have no advice but wanted to offer support flowers x

lowra Fri 30-Aug-13 20:02:10

Thanks both. I think I'm in shock. I really thought everything was going to be OK and that we'd see a little bean.

Stom91 Fri 30-Aug-13 20:06:26

so sorry to here that, we are all here for you. flowers

spanky2 Fri 30-Aug-13 20:11:43

That is really crap .sad There is nothing I can say. My grandma had my mum at 45 so please don't write yourself off yet .

lowra Fri 30-Aug-13 20:58:40

Thanks for the support. Have taken myself off to bed. Not really sure what to do.

fluffyraggies Fri 30-Aug-13 21:06:15

thanks

So sorry to hear this lowra.

Look after yourself right now - you'll be in shock sad
Have you support around you?

lowra Fri 30-Aug-13 21:07:52

Yes dp is here. He's great but pretty shook up himself.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 30-Aug-13 21:07:57

Hello lowra - I'm very sorry to read your news x x

jinglebellmel Fri 30-Aug-13 21:09:44

So sorry, wish there was something I could say to help. I'm sure there will be some more people come along soon who have been through similar and can offer some hope xx

princesscupcakemummyb Fri 30-Aug-13 21:24:46

so sorry flowers

tweetypie2 Fri 30-Aug-13 22:57:52

So sorry. I had 2 mc before conceiving dc2,just before I turned 38. It will happen for you. I had given up hope of conceiving again and then it happened when we stopped trying. I was so nervous at early scan, convinced this would be another mc and had a very nervous pg but all went well.

lowra Sat 31-Aug-13 08:41:16

It feels more real this morning. Although I'm in limbo now waiting for the bleed. I think we will probably keep trying but I can't think about that at the moment. Thanks all x

suntodayplease Sat 31-Aug-13 09:30:47

After 2 mc last year I felt like I'd had enough and I wanted to get my body back to normal. After several months off ttc we took the plunge and I'm now 34 weeks. Take whatever time you need physically and emotionally its hard. Also the support around you it's invaluable.

ovenbun Sat 31-Aug-13 09:56:16

so sorry to hear this, how difficult for you both xxx

Sammi1986 Sat 31-Aug-13 12:21:46

What a terrible time for you both, wishing you love and support xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now