Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

When to expect morning sickness?

(35 Posts)

Hi all,
Was wondering just as the title says, when might morning sickness kick in? Got my BFP last week, so I guess 3 weeks since ovulation roughly, and wondering when I might expect to start feeling hideously nauseous. Nothing as of yet really, nothing I can definitely pin on pregnancy (rather than post easting food settling stuff).
So, when did it start for you?

Rockchick1984 Sun 25-Aug-13 16:52:01

Mine this time started around 6/7 weeks, didn't have any sickness at all with DS so you won't necessarily suffer with it! Congratulations on your pregnancy smile

MooseBeTimeForSnow Sun 25-Aug-13 16:55:49

I didn't get any smile

Writerwannabe83 Sun 25-Aug-13 16:58:09

I'm 9weeks and 1 day and I haven't had any sickness. I have had days of feeling nauseous but that's all.

My midwife told me that morning sickness is nowhere near as common as people think it is. She said that a huge percentage of women experience nausea but only about 20-25% of them experience recurrent sickness.

I'm hoping that seeing as I haven't had any sickness yet it means I'm off the hook smile

Ethlinn Sun 25-Aug-13 17:00:08

Some women just never get the morning sickness, so you might be lucky enough to be one of them grin. I didn't get any. I just had to make sure I had breakfast or I would have ended up feeling unwell and sick-ish nearer lunchtime.

JustCallMeBaldrick Sun 25-Aug-13 17:00:30

6 weeks every time here (on pg #3)

Nessalina Sun 25-Aug-13 17:01:13

5+4 here and no sickness yet... A little mild nausea but nothing to write home about. Am mainly starving!
Congratulations! grin

Mine kicked in at about 5/6 weeks. Some days were better than others and now at almost 13 weeks I am only experiencing it every few days.

I've only been sick once in that time but at its worst I felt nauseous (think travel sickness) all day long.

cookielove Sun 25-Aug-13 17:10:12

8+3 today and only felt sick so far!

Ah thank you, I worried as I saw somewhere on some forum that it's a sign of a very healthy pregnancy, and took that as meaning mine wasn't! Hoping I won't get it... If I carry on feeling the way I do now that would be fab!

PiratesMam Sun 25-Aug-13 17:14:08

Nausea started at 6 weeks, daily retching at 8 weeks; am now 12 weeks and full-on vomming. So bored of it!

Congrats though grin

Writerwannabe83 Sun 25-Aug-13 17:15:42

Oh dear Pirate, that sounds awful!!!

How do you cope at work??? x

Myliferocks Sun 25-Aug-13 17:21:22

The only 1 of my 6 pregnancies that I had nausea with was the one that ended in a mmc at 13 weeks.
My other 5 pregnancies I didn't have sickness or nausea.

PiratesMam Sun 25-Aug-13 17:28:02

Well the good news is I don't have to go out to work! The bad news is... I'm a SAHM. To a 4yr old and 2yr old. And it's the summer holidays. Urghhhhhh

DH has taken a few days off and is doing everything; I'm going to docs on tues to get some anti-vomming pills. It's just like I was in my 2nd pregnancy which was DD (1st was DS) so DH convinced its another girl.

Misty9 Sun 25-Aug-13 17:37:13

Didn't get it in first pg (ds) but kicked in at 6wks on the dot this time sad 24/7 severe nausea and dizziness. Hope you're luckier than me.

OnlyThePurpleOnes Sun 25-Aug-13 17:47:53

Not a sausage first pregnancy. This time round, it kicked in at 12 weeks and is trailing off now at 19 weeks. Yes, I'm a bit random.

Peacenquiet2 Sun 25-Aug-13 18:59:09

Im 10 +3 with dc3 and have never had nausea/sickness. You might be just as lucky :-)

x0gawjus0x Sun 25-Aug-13 21:05:10

I was 8 weeks when I started feeling sick and have been regularly throwing up since im now 12+5 sad hope it goes soon ive gone off food completely x

ShadowSummer Sun 25-Aug-13 21:08:16

Currently expecting DC2 and no vomiting or nausea either time - except when I caught the vomiting bug DS brought home from nursery, but I really don't think that counts as morning sickness!

Seff Sun 25-Aug-13 21:09:25

With DD I had nausea from about 6 weeks, threw up every morning from around 8-12 weeks, then it went away until later on when it returned.

This time, I'm around 11-12 weeks and I've only had 2 days of actually being sick smile Just hoping this continues!

cathperera78 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:03:51

I had no sickness at all with my first two but with this one I was nauseous for 2 weeks, every day morning to evening. The trick I think is to eat bland things little and often and keep hydrated. It does pass!

TallulahBetty Sun 25-Aug-13 22:11:07

I didn't have a peep til 10 weeks. Was so smug.

Then I had it every day til the day I had DD at 39 weeks sad

Smoolett Sun 25-Aug-13 22:30:45

I've never had any sickness but have had horrendous nausea from about 6 weeks. It's only just starting to pass now (I hope) at 12+3.

TheContrastOfWhiteOnWhite Sun 25-Aug-13 22:32:26

I've never had it. Five pregnancies, two miscarriages, two children, one early days.

MummyJetsetter Sun 25-Aug-13 22:41:53

I didn't have any with ds1 and in this pg I lost my appetite but no nausea. I think the symptoms if you get any kick in when your body takes over from the yolk sack at about 6-7 weeks, until then the baby isn't even connected to your body. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now