Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possible Miscarriage

(94 Posts)
vinceb Wed 21-Aug-13 09:33:37

Hi Everyone... Looking for a bit of advice.

My wife and myself have been trying to get pregnant for 6 years and were having no luck. We went through one cycle of IVF and despite everything looking positive something went wrong with the embryo transfer. Those 2 weeks were hell but we decided to keep trying the natural method.

Yesterday the Mrs tried a pregnancy test and it came out positive with a +3 weeks and we were overjoyed as we had tried everything.

She then said this morning that she had passed blood clots and some light bleeding. It's about time for her normal period and we're not sure if it's the first signs of a miscarriage which would be completely devastating or possibly hormonal bleeding.

We're really worried as we've gone through so much and in the course of a few hours we've gone from joy to being completely gutted in a couple of hours.

Has anyone else had these symptoms and been ok?

Thank you

Vince.

CluelessDil Tue 10-Mar-15 20:46:32

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Tears of happiness in my eyes. What a precious little girl.

Amyyy27 Tue 10-Mar-15 20:45:40

Adorable!!

vinceb Tue 10-Mar-15 20:40:17

Thank you.. She is our everything and proof that sometimes no matter how bad things can sometimes seem, good things can come out of it.. She is sleeping soundly with her boots on and she can certainly shout for England.. Photo attached of her the other day.. She is such a happy smiley baby smile Love to everyone! Vince x

Amyyy27 Tue 10-Mar-15 20:15:55

What a lovely thread. Thank you for sharing your incredible story. Your little girl is beautiful!

gaggiagirl Tue 10-Mar-15 19:48:44

Best thread ever!
Love to you all.

Hotpotpie Tue 10-Mar-15 19:33:26

What a lovely thread to find. Your little girl is very lucky to have such positive parents shes beautiful

pnutter Tue 10-Mar-15 19:20:50

She is so beautiful and what a lovely mum and dad she has. Inspiring .

WeePoppy Tue 10-Mar-15 19:20:35

I am new on the forum and I have just read the whole thread and what an emotional roller coaster!
I am so happy for you and your wife! What a lovely little girl!

waceystills Tue 10-Mar-15 19:03:36

Lovely thread Vince, all the best to you and your beautiful daughter.

scarednoob Tue 10-Mar-15 18:12:56

this has made me smile so much. what a gorgeous little girl! x

ambientolf Tue 10-Mar-15 18:06:58

This is a heart warming thread. So happy it haa worked out for your lovely little family. All the best for the future flowers

CBo79 Tue 10-Mar-15 17:52:03

Such a beautiful, life affirming thread! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing journey Vince!

Whatabout Tue 10-Mar-15 17:25:50

Vince this is the loveliest thread I have ever read. Thank you for sharing and continuing to update.

Littlefrenchmummy Tue 10-Mar-15 17:02:54

What an amazing story ! Your daughter is so beautiful ! So happy for you and your wife. Keep updating it is such a ray of sunshine hearing about how well she is doing and how happy you are. All the best to the 3 of you X

vinceb Tue 10-Mar-15 16:51:46

She'll be 1 year old sooooon.. Saw Consultant yesterday... She is progressing better than expected. She's hopefully in the 5% who probably won't need further surgery. She is a little stiff in the limbs but is strong which is easily rectifiable... Got her first shoes from Clarks yesterday.. She is a real pocket rocket. She managed to climb all the way up the stairs yesterday.. with me behind her.. Gate installed straight after that.

vinceb Tue 06-Jan-15 16:50:56

Thank you.. She had her second set of boots fitted yesterday. She's doing commando crawling at the moment and can even do it now with the boots and bars smile. The Physio is very happy with her progress. Her left hand needs to stretch the tendons more and she is very 'right' orientated at the moment. It's amazing that we have this lovely beautiful baby when just a year ago we were fearing so much for the future and had no idea what the future would bring. I'm adding a recent phot of her smile

So happy to read your updates Vince. And such a beautiful baby! I hope you've all had a magical Christmas.

vinceb Thu 04-Dec-14 15:19:48

Quick Update everyone. Thanks for kind wishes.. She's doing really well.. In boots and bars about 16 hours a day at the moment. She has cracked my knee with her bar as she wasn't happy with the amount of milk we were giving her.she's very lively!. Her wrists are loosening all the time as well. What a difference from a year ago!!

KateTheHuman Tue 07-Oct-14 14:24:40

Just read the whole thread! What an amazing story!! Congratulations on your little cutie! She's adorable!!!

leanne963 Tue 07-Oct-14 14:11:08

Omg I was not ready for this emotional roller coaster! ! vince your little girl is absolutely gorgeous!!!! A true angel! I am so glad you and your partner have the family you have always wanted! This story has given me so much inspiration xx

magicpixie Tue 07-Oct-14 13:55:10

you guys are going ot have do much fun, your love shines through in your post enjoy your family

lovely news

BaffledSomeMore Tue 07-Oct-14 13:38:17

Have just read this through and wanted to add my congratulations and best wishes to you all. Total rollercoaster but she looks full of spark and mischief smile Hope the physical stuff continues to go well.

vinceb Tue 07-Oct-14 13:23:50

Little one is adapting well to boots and bars! In fact she has almost broken my hand a few times when she's been a bit happy and bashing her legs down! Our furniture isn't fairing much better either! We were supposed to go onto the 12 hours on and 12 hours off on the bars but Surgeon has asked us to delay for 6 months. Disappointed but apparently her correction is 'perfect' and she wants it to stay that way!

Burmama Tue 29-Jul-14 15:09:17

Oh vince just read your whole thread, I am so happy for all three of you! what an emotional journey you have had, very weepy reading this. You sound like a really caring father and you deserve this happiness, so happy there is this kind of wonderful story unfolding in the world. enjoy your beautiful daughter!! smilesmile

SeaSaltMill Tue 29-Jul-14 15:01:58

She is absolutely gorgeous. sob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now