Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possible Miscarriage

(76 Posts)
vinceb Wed 21-Aug-13 09:33:37

Hi Everyone... Looking for a bit of advice.

My wife and myself have been trying to get pregnant for 6 years and were having no luck. We went through one cycle of IVF and despite everything looking positive something went wrong with the embryo transfer. Those 2 weeks were hell but we decided to keep trying the natural method.

Yesterday the Mrs tried a pregnancy test and it came out positive with a +3 weeks and we were overjoyed as we had tried everything.

She then said this morning that she had passed blood clots and some light bleeding. It's about time for her normal period and we're not sure if it's the first signs of a miscarriage which would be completely devastating or possibly hormonal bleeding.

We're really worried as we've gone through so much and in the course of a few hours we've gone from joy to being completely gutted in a couple of hours.

Has anyone else had these symptoms and been ok?

Thank you

Vince.

Odaat Thu 27-Mar-14 19:03:22

Aww, so happy all ok! Congrats!!!

inmybelly Thu 27-Mar-14 20:13:40

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story from beginning to end. You must be a very strong couple to get through it, and what an amazing reward at the end. X x x

Baxter2014 Fri 28-Mar-14 08:13:47

Thank you so much for keeping this thread updated and congratulations on your wonderful daughter!

miki123 Fri 28-Mar-14 08:27:50

Just read your full story Vince and am in tears. So happy your little angel is here - huge huge congratulations to you and your wife xxx

BlueStarsAtNight Fri 28-Mar-14 09:35:06

I have just read your story and am absolutely delighted for you both, huge congratulations on the birth of your little daughter x

willitbe Fri 28-Mar-14 10:56:21

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Thank you for updating this thread and letting us all now of such a happy outcome from such a long hard journey for you both.

I hope the physiotherapy sessions go well. I am sure your daughter will bring great joy to your lives.

vinceb Fri 28-Mar-14 17:06:11

Little one has been discharged. She has little great murmur but that is fairly common. One day into her physio exercises and her wrists are freeing up more. Feet and ankles will need more work. Have to say that the hospital have been amazing. I doubt we would have got better care anywhere else in the world. Thank you everyone for your supportive words. Have helped a great deal. I'll update this thread with news of that is ok. Vince

vinceb Fri 28-Mar-14 17:17:58

Sorry. Meant heart murmur not great murmur.

dats Fri 28-Mar-14 17:39:36

Fantastic news, huge congrats Vince! Welcome to your new world!
grin

Congratulations! What journey, I really hope your wife is enjoying her first Mother's day. Such a lovely read thanks

Boogles91 Sun 30-Mar-14 23:50:29

After reading i just want to say congratualtions and glad you have got your little bundle of joy at last after such a worrying pregnancy. X

vinceb Tue 01-Apr-14 13:54:25

Quick update.. we spent 12 hours back home before community midwives had us readmitted as she has lost 17% of her birth weight (2.9kg down to 2.4). We've had to go to pumping milk and trying to supplement but she doesn't want to drink 60ml at a feed. Otherwise she is ok and doing poopy nappies and also wee. She is also getting a bit more used to the physio. She'll be weighed again tomorrow and hopefully there will be signs of an improvement.

Me23 Tue 01-Apr-14 19:40:02

Just read the whole thread, what a roller coaster you and your wife have been on. I'm so pleased for you that baby is well. Many congratulations to you all and best of luck with the weight issue all the best for the future.

60 mils a feed is huge for a tiny newborn! I really hope you see a lactation consultant, a baby that age has only the stomach capacity of about 15mls.

vinceb Thu 26-Jun-14 15:08:37

Quick Update...
She's 3 months old today smile Little cookie bundle of joy. On her 5th cast and feet almost straight. Only 4.7kg but happily drinking 180ml at a time. Hungry baby.

Heart mumur is gone
Hip scan was clear
Operation to release tendon in a couple of weeks and then boots and bars.

She happily chirps away and is developing a real personality (i.e only happy when being carried air-plane style)

SeaSaltMill Thu 26-Jun-14 16:02:40

I have read this entire thread with tears in my eyes. I'm so pleased for you!!

liesal79 Fri 27-Jun-14 15:33:06

Couldn't just read and go - Absolutely over the moon for you, and now in tears! smile

vinceb Fri 27-Jun-14 16:48:46

Thanks everyone.. Going to take her for a little walkie tonight! Am adding a piccy of her cutieness. Thank you for a ll the kind wishes.. Now have to get her interested in football, cricket, Star Trek and Formula 1 smile

vinceb Tue 29-Jul-14 14:16:39

She's had her tenetomy... Feet almost straight.. Boots and bars from Monday. She's a cheeky happy little baby.. She is going to be fine smile

SeaSaltMill Tue 29-Jul-14 15:01:58

She is absolutely gorgeous. sob.

Burmama Tue 29-Jul-14 15:09:17

Oh vince just read your whole thread, I am so happy for all three of you! what an emotional journey you have had, very weepy reading this. You sound like a really caring father and you deserve this happiness, so happy there is this kind of wonderful story unfolding in the world. enjoy your beautiful daughter!! smilesmile

vinceb Tue 07-Oct-14 13:23:50

Little one is adapting well to boots and bars! In fact she has almost broken my hand a few times when she's been a bit happy and bashing her legs down! Our furniture isn't fairing much better either! We were supposed to go onto the 12 hours on and 12 hours off on the bars but Surgeon has asked us to delay for 6 months. Disappointed but apparently her correction is 'perfect' and she wants it to stay that way!

BaffledSomeMore Tue 07-Oct-14 13:38:17

Have just read this through and wanted to add my congratulations and best wishes to you all. Total rollercoaster but she looks full of spark and mischief smile Hope the physical stuff continues to go well.

magicpixie Tue 07-Oct-14 13:55:10

you guys are going ot have do much fun, your love shines through in your post enjoy your family

lovely news

leanne963 Tue 07-Oct-14 14:11:08

Omg I was not ready for this emotional roller coaster! ! vince your little girl is absolutely gorgeous!!!! A true angel! I am so glad you and your partner have the family you have always wanted! This story has given me so much inspiration xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now