Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

A thread for elderberries who are hovering in the bfp helicopter

(990 Posts)

All elderberry grads welcome and anyone who fills berry criteria: ttc #1 a long time now finally bagged that elusive bfp, over 30...

Come join the next stage of the journey and compare sickness reports!! grin

I am SO clever <awards self chufty badge>

I'm off this week, hurrah! And need to be, the last few days have been so busy that I don't know if I'm coming or going. Just been up to walk the dogs and seriously considering getting back under the duvet..

It worked boom, well done!
How's everyone this week? I'm laid in bed dreading work grin

Thread Part Deux

Did it work? Did it? DID IT?

Morning folks. It's nearly Wednesday! (Sort of)

Everyone's so quiet....where have we all gone?

Brod you could just look at it as doing everyone a public health service! Nobody's noticed at all that I'm not drinking, either that or none of my friends have booze-related guilt..

Right, I'm having a go at making the new thread. This may take me a while..

Brodicea Sun 22-Sep-13 12:27:22

Wednesday is getting ever closer boom - will be thinking of you!

We've been to the pub in pretty small groups a couple of times since the BFP so it does seem pretty conspicuous when I'm not drinking. I've noticed how when I decline alcohol, the women always end up being mega apologetic saying 'oh I know I shouldn't really...' blah blah, as if I'm some smug demure non-drunkard! I can't wait to tell people so they stop feeling bad about their own drinking.

Thank you for all the hands to hold guys! Still fretting madly about the scan, Wednesday is too far away.. I had a go with the doppler, but I can only hear one heartbeat (this is probably totally normal but does nothing to stop me worrying like a crazy fool)..

Kitty I was at a wedding yesterday, somehow got through and entire day of free bar, toasts and waiters topping up glasses without getting sussed. Lucky for me everyone else was battered!

Looks like we're going to need a new thread soon...who's going to do the honours? (Not me, I have no idea how to make a thread confused )

BlindKitty Sat 21-Sep-13 22:11:28

Well went on an all day drinking binge today (minus the alcohol obviously!). I was doing such a good job trying to convince people I was drinking that I had to admit tol my friend that I'd been on pretend wine as he was worried about me driving haha! Will be so easy when I can just come clean and tell people why I'm not drinking!

katatonic Sat 21-Sep-13 18:35:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BlindKitty Sat 21-Sep-13 11:52:14

<throws arms around boom> can you not go and have a sneaky Doppler go at work to put your mind at rest?

Boom have another hand. The wait for the scan is horrific. We all know that feeling and the fear and the fact that your mind won't rest x

MotherOfCleo Sat 21-Sep-13 08:48:18

Here offering both hands and a shoulder to lean on boom. I know the wait must be horrendous but try to stay positive, you had good news before and it can happen again. Thinking of you.

kitty got to love the pregnancy-induced fibbing!

tally, brod, sorry you're feeling pants sad

Could someone handhold me this morning? I don't know why but the closer I get to my scan on Weds the more certain I am that they won't both have made it. Just terrified of hearing bad news, I can't bear the wait!

BlindKitty Fri 20-Sep-13 19:41:56

boom Omg you've tried so hard. No one would think less of you if he ended up going to the shelter.

brody tally sorry you're still feeling rubbish. sad

merk how'd it go with the toss boss?

Yesterday I had my pdr:
Boss: so where do you see yourself in 1 years time?
Me: hopefully higher up the ladder or in paeds actually on maternity planning more family

Tally are you home?? Any improvement at all?
Sympathy to you both x

Brodicea Fri 20-Sep-13 14:30:44

Oh tallyra welcome to my pity party - I feel just awful, and so confused about what on earth to eat. All I feel like right now is a bowl of plain white rice.
Instead as I am at work, I'm sucking slowly on fruit pastilles - this has also taken the nacho-taste away.
I am seriously considering going into my colleague's office and having a nap. The remaining people in my mostly deserted office wouldn't notice if I disappeared for a bit, I'm sure of it!

Tallyra Fri 20-Sep-13 14:18:04

I have eaten a bowl of plain spaghetti and a yoghurt today. now waiting for the afternoon sickness to arrive. I'm so sick of spitting into a bowl. I'm Lucky my mum is looking after me or I wouldn't be eating at all.

Brodicea Fri 20-Sep-13 14:00:59

Good luck boom whatever you decide. Thinking of merk too with her horrid sounding meeting - let us know how it goes!

In other news I have just chucked up my lunch: cheesey nachos! I was worried it might be a bit angular on the way out, but luckily not. No surprise I barfed them up on reflection, but I just didn't feel like ANYTHING else in the work canteen or cafe: waaaaaah. I want to feel like a normal person just for a few hours and eat something nutritious, heavy, tasty and normal!
Thanks for the vent!

MotherOfCleo Fri 20-Sep-13 13:42:28

You know her best boom so do what u think is best.

Oh that sounds so hard sad really feel for you!

Sorry Merk somehow missed your post. Hope your meeting goes as well as it can...

Mother he's 2 and a bit. The soiling is constant, as an example yesterday I walked him four times, but still had to clear up three poos and two wees inside. He's actually getting worse, not better, despite our best efforts to housetrain. Am at my wits' end!

I was thinking of texting as I know while we were trying I far preferred finding out friends were expecting by text so I could rearrange my face before seeing them. I'd obviously say why I was texting and that we'd love to see her but understand if she finds it hard...you're probably right that as family she'd expect to be told face-to-face though. Hard to know what to do! It would be Mr Boom who'd tell her, not me, but I want to try and make it as easy as possible for her.

Hooray boom for 9 weeks!
Re the dog- you are not a failure. You have to do what is best for both you and the dog- no good having an unsuccessful relationship and all being unhappy. I think you're doing exactly the right things. And re the news breaking, I agree think about how you would like to hear. For me, in person would be the worst possible way because I would hate someone watching my reaction (and if they had tissues I'd feel patronised- sorry moc). But we are all different so go with your gut instinct.

Good luck with the meeting merk

MotherOfCleo Fri 20-Sep-13 08:52:03

boom how old is boomdog2? It took us over 6 months to toilet train our basset and it seemed like the longest time in the world so I feel your pain. sad

Re your OHs sister I would think how you would want to find out if it was the other way around. If you do text I would explain why, but I think in person would still be best, just maybe have tissues on hand and say you understand she will have mixed emotions but wanted to be their as a hand to hold when you told her.

No pics, fell asleep on the sofa then rushing for work this morning. Am dreading today as have 2 hours with horrible boss, including an hour talking about how his style of working does not make me happy hmm
I told friends within 2 weeks so about 6 weeks. Then parents immediately after as OH wanted them to be the first to know. Told the extended family last week. One of my friends keeps drunkenly telling other people which is really really pissing me off

Morning all. Made it to 9 weeks, hooray for leaving the horrible 8th week behind! Only 3 more to go... grin

Massive fail on the new dress front, I'm far too old/fat for anything in the shops these days. Why are hemlines all funny lengths at the moment, I just want a nice knee-length dress and they're all either mid-calf or bumskimmers hmm

Kitty Boomdog II is my nemesis. He's a lovely dog but we're having serious regrets about getting him, his little problem has escalated into a big problem and the house is basically a massive toilet! Mr Boom is still reluctant to admit defeat and we've got a dog psychologist/trainer coming round next week to see if they can help, but I think if it continues we're going to have to see if we can find him a new home somewhere he can be housed outside sad. I hate to be considering it (feel like a total dog-owner failure) but he's causing so much stress and worry and I can't deal with it on top of the pregnancy nerves, was in tears this morning with it all!

Merk can't help you with the ultrasound I'm afraid, I'm not a sonographer and they're a complete mystery to me! Have you put your pics up though?! Hope your 15 days passes quickly..

Kitty I'm coming out in stages...my best friend, my parents, brother and sister now know, so does Mr Boom's mum. We haven't told his sister yet, she's been trying even longer than us and he wants to be certain before letting her know. If anyone can help me out with a sensitive way of breaking the news it would be appreciated - I thought probably a text so she can digest the news and have a cry if needs be before having to do the congratulations routine? Or is that a bit cold? confused

Phew. All talked out! How is everyone else today?

BlindKitty Thu 19-Sep-13 21:56:26

thunder dunno but I haven't even told my best mate yet so need to make sure she knows before anyone else really.

merk when did you come 'out' then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now