Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks and can't get to/tidy up my bits. Any tips??

(31 Posts)
Tiredemma Wed 07-Aug-13 19:04:14

I dont recall this being a huge issue when I had DS1 (age 12) or DS2 (age 10). Really struggling to tidy up my nether regions and currently housing something that looks like a dead cat.

In the grand scheme of things in life I don't suppose this is a life or death situation, but really don't fancy going in to give birth in the state I am at the moment.

stepmooster Thu 08-Aug-13 04:39:46

Ladies, just bear in mind that we have extra sweat, and discharge down 'there' along with increased pressure from the baby making things more swollen.

I just had an abscess removed from my labia caused by a blocked sweat gland or ingrown hair. I got a lecture by the gynaes on the maternity about how not keeping things natural down there causes a higher risk of abscesses. The medical staff genuinely don't care about our lady gardens, and I felt like a massive idiot.

Having an abscess removed is incredibly painful and of course our pain relief options are limited. I'm on 2 sets of antibiotics, which have now given me thrush, along with having stitches which I am praying heals the wound enough before I give birth at the end of the month.

I just wish I could rewind time and put the veet down. sad

crumpet Thu 08-Aug-13 05:06:42

I didn't bother- not sure it occurred to me with either of mine. I let the midwife get on with it, particularly for cs no 2 - shaving/ veering a CS scar would not have been something I'd have felt brave enough to do (still not 7 plus year later), but anyway, I don't remember thinking about it

gillybeandramaqueen Thu 08-Aug-13 07:46:28

I'm almost 34 weeks and last night I got my darling to clipper my treasure trail!!! Keeps it short and trim but avoids the jaggy stubble growth... think I will get him just to do that til post-birth when I'm able to shave /wax again... :-D

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 08-Aug-13 08:50:36

step that post made me cringe. I don't wax for the medical profession, I do it because I feel cleaner and fresher afterwards. This is obviously really important after the birth, I was hairy last time and felt disgusting.

I think I'll go for daily exfoliation, I've got the gloves already.

stepmooster Thu 08-Aug-13 09:41:25

Hi when I don't just wax for the doctors either, just the way I've been conditioned I suppose that hair is disgusting etc.

But tbh DH has been asking me for a while to let things be a bit more natural.

I do try to avoid in grown hairs, but sometimes they happen. I never knew they could become abscesses.

Personally speaking once the birth is over and abscess completely gone, I'm never waxing again.

My bikini days are already over!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 10-Aug-13 20:55:34

step only just read your reply. My bikini days are over grin I know what you mean.

I also know what you mean about being conditioned into not liking hair. I didn't do a thing to mine till I was about 25, not even trim it. Then I just got really used to having no hair, it feels odd to have hair now but it didn't bother me one little bit till I started waxing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now