Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Cheap Steriliser?

(17 Posts)
RatherUninspired Sat 03-Aug-13 17:49:51

thanks everyone, I seriously don't think I would manage without mumsnet :p smile

ananikifo Sat 03-Aug-13 17:06:06

This munchkin steriliser is always £10 at asda.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 03-Aug-13 17:03:06

I have the Milton one, much easier and it all stays sterile while its in there, I just use then all so they're not sat in water then its usually the 24 hours so refresh the water and start again.

Empress77 Sat 03-Aug-13 17:01:00

i bought this www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00336BCR8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller= from amazon for £13 the other day, then it went down to £9 on there. i see its gone up in price now, but still some on there for £13

HeffalumpTheFlump Sat 03-Aug-13 16:56:22

I got the tommee tippee microwave steriliser for £12 in the aldi baby event. Keep an eye out for their offers because I've seen it for up to £40 elsewhere!

DoodleAlley Sat 03-Aug-13 16:07:31
DoodleAlley Sat 03-Aug-13 16:05:57

We have used cold water Milton tub for two kids it's great.

You only have to change the water once every twenty four hours and you can bung washed stuff in throughout that period and it's steralises in fifteen mins until you take it out.

DD used oral syringes for her reflux meds and we just bung them in and grab them out through the day. It doesn't matter how often you open the tub it all stays sterile in the water.

MrsJamesMartin Sat 03-Aug-13 15:39:55

Ive just ordered Avent microwave steriliser from Amazon £12 instead of £28

KatieHalfPrice Sat 03-Aug-13 15:20:08

My Avent microwave steriliser was about £11 from TKMaxx.

notso Sat 03-Aug-13 15:15:13

Cold water, milton and a big tupperware. Sterilising solution keeps thing sterile longest as well I think.

Boots do a travel microwave or cold water one, it's about a £10 and about the size of a largeish lunch box. Fine for a couple of bottles, dummies etc.

Or those microwaveable bags used for travels are ok for one bottle at a time.

Fairylea Sat 03-Aug-13 15:02:33

I agree re cold water with Milton. Really is the cheapest way of doing it and works brilliantly.

adagio Sat 03-Aug-13 15:01:38

I got second hand plug in one for £10 from a friend who no longer needed it - runs in 6 mins.

I would get second or use cold water Milton type personally

I'm sure someone in a previous thread said you could just use an ice cream box with a bit of water in it in the microwave....... (Please don't take my word for it though in case that's a dangerous idea!)

chillisbopper Sat 03-Aug-13 14:28:21

If you do decide on a plug in one John Lewis have a Tommee Tippee steam steriliser that holds 6 bottles and has an express setting that only takes 5 mins. It's £30. Everywhere else I've looked at the same one is more. Although look on gumtree I found somebody selling one of these for £15. It looks to be a really good one though, it's the one I'm planning to order as I've a low budget for this stuff too smile

ChippingInHopHopHop Sat 03-Aug-13 11:35:41

The Philips Advent one is brilliant and usually under £20. Is that cheap enough?

You could always buy a one one eBay second hand?

Or ask around friends, they usually end up lurking in the back of a cupboard.

DoItTooJulia Sat 03-Aug-13 11:34:30

Cold water sterilisation is cheap as chips. Just use a big pan and buy some Milton tablets or similar and chuck it all in!

RatherUninspired Sat 03-Aug-13 11:33:23

Where can I get a cheap sterilizer? (preferably microwave but would consider plug in) Does not need to sterilize a lot (ie not too big) just be easy to use preferably

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now