Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due anyday?? come in here..part 2

(1001 Posts)
ZingWidge Sat 03-Aug-13 09:07:20

if you are due soon you can chat and get support & advice here.

this is a follow up thread, but all are welcome!

FastWindow Thu 05-Sep-13 18:33:08

<knocks politely> May I come in? I'm 38+2 with my second...

Queazy Thu 05-Sep-13 18:50:33

41w 5d

BelleEtLaBaby Fri 06-Sep-13 08:40:18

Well, I'm still here, still at home, still pregnant... Still having mild contractions every 30-40 minutes but no change since 5pm yesterday.

Grr I really thought that might be it sad

We were so sure last night (well, MIL was) that DS1 went to sleep over at his GP's. I miss him now and wish I'd kept him here. Never mind.

How we all doing - any more babies in the night?

Gonnabmummy Fri 06-Sep-13 09:12:29

gerty you still here? Or has LO arrived?

Went in for monitoring last night didnt end up getting home til 3:30! I was having rhythmic tightenings/little contractions i didnt know about. But his heat rate was decelerating slightly at the peak of them but she said it wasn't enough to worry. She gave me another really good sweep and said not to hesitate to call if movements reduced again or there's more than a teaspoon of blood.
Woke up at half 8 checked pad quite a bit of blood even more when I wiped. going to have breakfast and call them up.

Gerty1002 Fri 06-Sep-13 09:36:41

Yes, unfortunately still here! Debating calling hospital to ask them just how long I should be left at 3cm dilated... not sure if there's a risk of infection or baby being distressed.

Going to wait it out til this pm though as had exorcist-style vomiting (tmi) and upset tummy through the night, followed by hours of mild contractions, so hoping this may be a slow start to something. Lots of movement very low and walking for just a few mins is pretty uncomfortable. On the plus side, I think baby has turned back round from being back to back smile.

Good luck, hope everything is ok and things get going for you soon.

Gingerandlemon Fri 06-Sep-13 10:26:31

Oh gosh Gerty I'm sorry you're still waiting! You must be growing a reallllly good one in there for it to take this long getting ready.

Gonnabmummy Fri 06-Sep-13 10:34:32

I'm 40+9 today! Midwife said yesterday if we had trouble again they may look at setting me off

Gerty1002 Fri 06-Sep-13 10:37:49

I know ginger, my first 'false labour' happened around 37 weeks so although I'm only 40+7 I feel like I'm a month overdue! If I last until induction next fri it will surely be the longest latent phase of all time.

mrspaddy Fri 06-Sep-13 12:01:29

39+5 and totally fed up. Still in dressing gown. Would you risk going swimming??
Could get hair done but don't know what to do with myself.

Rollermum Fri 06-Sep-13 13:45:48

Hello all :-)

Welcome FastWindow

Sorry to hear about stalled progress and induction difficulties - any more progress?

Gonnab hope the call went ok?

MrsPaddy I'd love to swim right now! I'd be a bit nervous so late on though tbh. No reason just paranoia.

It's my EDD! Fanfare! grin Nothing happening though. The hot curry I ate yesterday for dinner made me feel awful and dehydrated but that's it. Trying to be patient but had 6 calls and texts so far today. Nice people remembered but I can imagine a couple of weeks of it might wear thin.

tiggerishtom Fri 06-Sep-13 17:21:13

11 days overdue here, feel like I am going bonkers!

FastWindow Fri 06-Sep-13 17:37:31

Thanks rollermum

My ds was born at 36+3 so I'm in new territory here, aware that I'm not allowed to moan yet though (apart from the spd.)

I've heard some of the ways to get it all moving... Curry, dtd, pineapple...

Wouldn't curry potentially have some pretty embarrassing side effects?!! Sorry for ewwww!!

FastWindow Fri 06-Sep-13 17:39:31

queazy how's it going? Saw your pessary thread...

Gonnabmummy Fri 06-Sep-13 20:49:19

rollermum ended up in hosp ALL day for yet more monitoring and a scan this time.
They seem happy everything's ok and finally sent us home about 2 hours ago.
Have another appointment with midwife and they will induce me at 40+12 which is Monday my birthday :/
Would love for waters or something to just go but I doubt I'm going to labour naturally after two sweep already and yesterday's being a huge one.
Really wanted to go into labour to see what it was like but now even induction is a better prospect than all this worry for nothing

Rollermum Fri 06-Sep-13 21:32:35

Wow, sounds like a really long day for you Gonnab. Sorry to hear about induction but good to end uncertainty I guess? So you might have the same bday a LO!

Tiggerishtom poor you - I'm climbing the wall and its only due day! Are you having sweeps etc?

Gonnabmummy Sat 07-Sep-13 07:45:01

Yep that's what's keeping me going rollermum just today and tomorrow then induction time, well hopefully.

Everyone said he would wait for my birthday but I would rather he didn't its the one day of the year that's mine lol I don't want it filled with screaming kids, play centres and happy meals!
But at this moment I just want him out so will take the birthday over Wednesday

Tiredemma Sat 07-Sep-13 09:30:44

Argh - not sure whats going on.

Breech so due in for ELCS on monday morning (im 38+6 today)- last night woke up to what I felt were 'mild contractions'- very irregular, becoming increasingly 'uncomfortable' (not really painful- more like period pains).
This continued until about 8.15 this morning then stopped.

Im not sure if they are just strong BH - they are not so painful that I cannot concentrate- but because I know baby is breech im unsure what to do. I dont want to ring hospital in case they tell me to go in and I really dont want to sit around all day (in all honesty im not ready to give birth yet!!!!)

Tiredemma Sat 07-Sep-13 17:49:57

In delivery suite now. 3 cm dilated. Going for c section within next couple of hours.

Rollermum Sat 07-Sep-13 18:16:21

Good luck Tiredemma please update us with baby news! I guess baby must have been truly on the way (not BH) hence c section?

FastWindow Sat 07-Sep-13 18:22:38

Good luck!!!

Tiredemma Sat 07-Sep-13 18:47:00

C section because still breech. Ongoing contractions but still only 3cm. I made the mistake of having a steak and mushroom baguette at 3pm so have to wait until about 9 until they do section. Unless of course I get more into established labour and need to deliver.

BelleEtLaBaby Sat 07-Sep-13 20:54:04

Good luck!

Gerty1002 Sun 08-Sep-13 06:10:20

Good luck tiredemma, hopefully you will be cuddling your baby by now!

Boosiehs Sun 08-Sep-13 06:20:12

Good luck all of you out there waiting to meet your babies.

One bit of advice from me. If you do have the syntocin drip, ask fir an epidural first!!!! smile

X

Tiredemma Sun 08-Sep-13 11:53:07

Esme Florence born by EMCS last night at 11.03 pm. Adorable!

This thread is not accepting new messages.