Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due anyday?? come in here..part 2

(1001 Posts)
ZingWidge Sat 03-Aug-13 09:07:20

if you are due soon you can chat and get support & advice here.

this is a follow up thread, but all are welcome!

Gingerandlemon Mon 02-Sep-13 08:05:14

Hi ladies. Thanks so much for all the well wishes. We are still in hospital but hoping to transfer to our local MLU today and then hopefully home a few days later.

Oh and just out of (slightly gross) interest, I didn't lose my plug properly until I was very aware of being in labour (and probably about 3cms or so) and although I'd had some leakage, my waters didn't gush until the membranes were properly broken quite late on in the process. So both of those things surprised me!

Also, I know I said this already but it honestly is worth it. My little girl is the cutest baby ever born, and I'm not exaggerating, or biased or anything smile

islingtongirl Mon 02-Sep-13 08:06:04

Good luck cakebaby! Sounds promising, mine felt all in my back too at first. Hope to hear good news soon grin

islingtongirl Mon 02-Sep-13 08:06:52

Ginger - lovely to hear, they are so cute aren't they, I could just stare at DD all day grin

Gonnabmummy Mon 02-Sep-13 09:59:58

40+5 today and nt a twinge!
Starting to think ill go right over like this and need to be induced sad
Have another sweep booked but its not til Saturday!
I don't even feel like I'm about to have a baby!
Just some twinges will placate me for a couple days but this nothing at all is awful feel like it will never happen for us x

Tiredemma Mon 02-Sep-13 10:01:28

is it too soon for me to join?

Im 38 weeks today- due in for ELCS next monday because baby is breech.

Queazy Mon 02-Sep-13 10:16:11

First sweep today, induction on Thurs hmm I've reached insanity...

38 weeks is not too soon at all - how are you doing?

Gerty1002 Mon 02-Sep-13 12:17:56

38 weeks is not too soo but if you have your baby before me I may cry haha, welcome!

Just saw midwife, his head is well engaged now but in the past 24 hours he has moved back to back! In fact when she started examining me he was on his way that way and I'm sure lying on my back while she was doing it has swung him the full way... walking back home there was tonnes more pressure on my back. So that's annoying!

First and only sweep booked for next Monday at home, when I'll be 40+10, induction that Friday if unsuccessful.

Was sent on my merry way with instructions to keep DTD, walking and bouncing on my ball!

star15 Mon 02-Sep-13 13:18:56

I am due my first baby on Thursday, thought I might of been going in to labour last night after a night of pains constant peeing however once I have had a bath this morning nothing. Would of liked to went today as its my partners birthday and what better present.

Kitkatinatin Mon 02-Sep-13 13:37:04

room for me to join? Currently 41 + 1

Had a sweep yesterday, period type cramping every 15-60 minutes overnight (enough to wake me and get me up and out of bed), but all stopped this morning. Think I've had a show today - but surely the sweep would dislodge that anyway (?!)

Did alright last week on the frustration stakes as was kind of hoping for a September baby.... but now, really, come on baby - it's the 2nd already!

Boosiehs Mon 02-Sep-13 14:32:54

Congratulations mrs m!!!

I think I might (fingers crossed) be on the way. Had a bit of show yesterday, plus pretty bad backache. Today, backache is much worse, and I've been having v painful tummy cramping. Also mega urge to go to the loo. Baby is also going bonkers when these happen! Bit concerned....

Think it's worth phoning hospital?

Kitkatinatin Mon 02-Sep-13 14:59:24

I think if you are worried it's always worth calling - particularly if they can assess you on phone -sure you'll be fine though - sounds like all moving along for you.

Gerty1002 Mon 02-Sep-13 15:18:45

Sounds positive boosie, are the crampings coming regularly? Might be time to start timing! smile

Boosiehs Mon 02-Sep-13 15:20:15

Thanks Kit.

Might give them a call.

Queazy Mon 02-Sep-13 16:29:21

They couldn't even do my sweep properly today because it hurt so much hmm now booked in for induction, with another internal examination that will prob be just as painful. I just want to go to sleep and wake up with contractions...! Feeling really down today

Kitkatinatin Mon 02-Sep-13 17:26:07

know the feeling queazy - keep thinking surely this must be the day / night when things get going. I think we're about the same lateness? I'm 41+1. When's your induction?

what are you doing to pass the time with all this waiting - I'm not sure if I should be super active to encourage things along or to be super chilled to ensure I've got enough energy if things do get going.

Queazy Mon 02-Sep-13 17:57:33

Hi Kitty, I'm 41w 2d. I'm booked in for Thursday morning. I'm just in pain, no sleep and feel like a science experiment ('try curry', 'lots of pineapple', 'don't lean back', 'pump u with drugs' etc). I'm in such a misery guys mood this evening...

I've tried to stay relatively active but tbh I just don't have the energy for anymore walks or batch cooking. Everything hurts This is awful, but in starting to feel negative about the whole thing and just want this baby out of me. It'll pass, tomorrow's another day, but I think I've lost my positive 'it'll happen' hat. My cervix isn't even nearly playing ball, and drafting another internal exam.

It's happened for loads of ladies on this thread tho, so I know doom and gloom isn't needed...just a bad day smile

Kitkatinatin Mon 02-Sep-13 18:28:07

and it will happen to you too (and me I hope) one way or another and from reading other's posts, once baby is here it all pales into the background. ... although I'm sure I saw something 40 year pregnancy floating around on t'interweb.

tomorrow is a new day and you never know.... seems some ladies have no signs and then boom! Baby.

Boosiehs Mon 02-Sep-13 22:45:07

Oh Queasy, that sounds rubbish. sad

Been having twinges on and off all day. Now bad backache is causing me probs.

Booked in for 8.30 tomorrow. Just want to have this baby now!!

Good luck kitkat and queasy. X

Hooray! Congrats meanmrs, I really did think it sounded like proper labour!

Cakebaby it can indeed be real labour if you only feel contractions at the bottom of the bump, when I was in labour last week it was all at the bottom, no squeezing from the top sensation.

Can't believe my beautiful baby is a week old already. We celebrated the weeks "anniversary" by sharing a bath, she and I, to remember her lovely water birth. She fell straight asleep up to her chin in the warm water, bless her.

Hang in there girls, loads of us had no signs at all then woke up in labour. If you feel stressed and there are other issues going on like a festering row with your other half, or fears over the birth, try to talk them out or at least just let them out, with the person they're connected to, or here, or a friend. Sometimes a bloody good hormonal rant or a cry can "clear the way" for labour. My midwife told me to have a good scream, but where can you scream, really? confused

Personally I got hugely stressed by all the people asking if I'd had it yet, and what the hospital were going to "do" about me so I wrote on a certain social networking site that I couldn't handle any more texts and calls, so could they please all back off and leave me alone (I phrased it more diplomatically but that was the gist) and I went into labour the next morning after a lovely day of peace and radio silence! I'm sure it helped, as did taking rescue remedy to calm me down. I'm a stress-head. smile

HDino Tue 03-Sep-13 09:19:20

Hi guys... Looking for some reassurance. I've had what they call a bloody show this morning - got a really bad back since last night and I can feel tightening at the bottom of my bump (not regular but blooming painful). I'm 40+6 today and hoping this is the start of early labour.
first timer so please excuse my ignorance but if i have had a show but my symptoms subside
By tomorrow do i still have to go
For a sweep as I would like to avoid the sweep tomorrow confused
Thanks x

Gerty1002 Tue 03-Sep-13 09:41:58

Hi Hdino, I'm by no means an expert but things are sounding positive for you. Either way, though, you don't have to have a sweep if you don't want to, tou can always refuse it. You should still see your midwife though if a sweep is just part of your regular appointment.

HDino Tue 03-Sep-13 09:49:44

Many thanks Gerty. Yep just part of my regular checkup!

Rollermum Tue 03-Sep-13 09:50:15

Hello everyone! I thought I'd finally leap in and introduce myself :-)

Cingrats to everyone who has got their baby! And I hope everyone waiting has some progress soon.

I'm 39+4 today with first baby and nothing much is happening - so I'm reassured by what James was saying about some women not having many signs.

Tiredemma Tue 03-Sep-13 09:52:41

Rollermum - with DS1 (now 13) I had absolutely no signs of anything at all until the day I actually went into labour.

i woke up about 9- had contractions, a 'show' about an hour later- went into hospital and then had DS that night.

up until then nothing of any significance at all.

DS was born at 39+4!

so..... just be ready!

Queazy Tue 03-Sep-13 10:31:00

I think my sweep yesterday is giving me a bit of false labour/extra braxton hicks. I've had 20 second long 'contractions' every 8 mins for 3hrs now, but they stopped for 35/40 mins while I had a bath and got ready!! I'm going to try to have a nap I think. Pretend labour is just mean two days before induction!!! Fingers crossed something happens soon...

I'm reassured to hear things can just start in the morning without lots of pre-warning. I've been looking for signs, so hopefully it might even happen before my induction.

This thread is not accepting new messages.