Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fall at 8 weeks - do I need to worry?

(14 Posts)

I did a really 'comedy' slip on a banana skin when I was 11 weeks, landed heavily on my backside and scrapped my ankle but all was well.

I think you just have to remember how tiny they are in the early stages. For trauma to cause a miscarriage I think you would more than likely have to take a direct blow to the stomach. I am not an expert though, just how I saw it after my fall.

Rosenip Fri 02-Aug-13 16:50:10

Knew somebody who took a tumble from a horse at 10 weeks, baby was fine smile

MummyLuce Fri 02-Aug-13 15:59:22

I skied down a black run at 16 weeks, fell at the top and rolled all the way down. Was black and blue from head to toe...baby absolutely fine (she's one now). Thy are very well protected, a small slip won't do a thing!

ZingWidge Fri 02-Aug-13 14:56:29

once you are13 weeks pg you can go to the osteopath to get it sorted.

I hope you will feel better soon.

onceipopicantstop Fri 02-Aug-13 12:08:37

Have been fine overnight and twinges have settled so feeling more relaxed. Have definitely pulled a muscle or something in my back though as uncomfortable when I twist.

Brugmansia Thu 01-Aug-13 23:33:53

I fell down the stairs at about the same point and was pretty badly bruised. DS is 6 months today and currently sleeping soundly upstairs (having spent the day bouncing around, trying banana and doing other typical baby stuff).

Kelly1814 Thu 01-Aug-13 21:18:06

I was hit by a car at about 10 weeks. Horrific, badly bruised and scraped, baby fine, am now 30 weeks smile

onceipopicantstop Thu 01-Aug-13 20:17:49

Thanks for all your replies. Have had a few twinges in my pelvis which of course I'm worrying about! But often get these normally - assumed just things growing and stretching - so trying to ignore them!

ZingWidge Thu 01-Aug-13 17:24:19

baby is tiny at this stage and your fal is very unlikely to have had any impact at all.
try not to worry

I was lying on the floor, on my back, when my toddler walked up to me, but tripped and landed ony belly.it hurt like hell and I was 7 months pg!
I was beside myself, rushed to the hospital, got trace, got abdominal exam - all good
DD was fine.

purplemurple1 Thu 01-Aug-13 17:11:24

i slipped on ice a few times in my first tri (badly bruised hip, knees, back) and rode a skidoo (very bumby) before I knew I was preg, and its not caused and issues (not that i'm recommending it mind you smile).

try not to worry too much

impatienttobemummy Thu 01-Aug-13 17:00:22

I did EXACTLY the same at 5 weeks preg and funnily enough so did my midwife! Both of us went on to have bouncing baby boys. They are well cushioned inside don't worry

onceipopicantstop Thu 01-Aug-13 16:56:13

Thanks that's what I'd assumed but difficult not to worry.

noblegiraffe Thu 01-Aug-13 16:40:37

Doctor will say if there is no bleeding or pain then there's no need to worry and that the baby is well protected in there.

My car was hit by a bus when I was 12 weeks pregnant and that was what I was told.

onceipopicantstop Thu 01-Aug-13 16:38:13

This afternoon I slipped on a wet floor and fell backwards. Landed on my bottom with both legs in front of me. Was a bit winded and shocked but got up straight away and felt fine. Now just a bit of bottom/lower back discomfort which I think is probably muscular / bruising. No bleeding or abdominal pain. Am panicking that I may have caused damage to bean or be likely to miscarry. Should I call someone?? I'm only just over 8 weeks so I know there's not alot they can do sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now