Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Early pregnancy miscarriage worries

(5 Posts)
brightonbeachbaby14 Thu 01-Aug-13 19:40:09

Ok thank you I just need to not worry so much, what will be will be!

HystericalParoxysm Thu 01-Aug-13 17:09:22

Actually, the chances of miscarriage is 50% - but it has gone down by the time you get to 8 weeks. That statistic includes people who miscarry before they even know they are pregnant.

lola1980 Thu 01-Aug-13 17:06:09

Yep its 25%. I spent this pregnancy worrying about every tiny thing... It ruined the experience for me. Worrying won't change anything though, and just make you feel crap, when you have a much higher chance of things going ok smile

Rockchick1984 Thu 01-Aug-13 14:05:50

25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage, not 50%. Most of these are early on in the pregnancy, by your 12 week scan there is only 1% chance of losing the baby. So statistically you are likely to be ok but there's no guarantees - if you see a heartbeat on a scan at 8 weeks its about 2% chance of miscarriage following this which is why lots of people choose to have a private reassurance scan around this time. What will be will be though, its not worth spending your pregnancy worrying about what could happen!

brightonbeachbaby14 Thu 01-Aug-13 13:55:57

Hello!

I've just gone for my first midwife appointment with husband, I'm approx 7 weeks pregnant with 1st baby. (sorry don't know the online lingo yet) and while I was taking a urine sample hubby was asking the midwife loads of questions. Apparently she told him that at 8 weeks chance of miscarriage is 50% as the fertilised egg is attaching to the lining!!! Can this be true I only have 50%
chance of not have a miscarriage or might he have misheard? Feeling very disheartened by this x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now