Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pink or blue, place your bets now!

(26 Posts)

My 20 week scan is in 2 hours time. So ladies and gentlemen, which do you think I am having?

Girl or boy?

Place your bets now!

CupcakeFanatic Thu 01-Aug-13 10:40:21

Do you have an 'inkling' either way as to what you might be having? I'm always curious to see if people's own inklings are ever true. Did you get any visual clues from your 12-week scan picture? Do you have a slight preference either way?

I don't really have an inkling. I want a girl I think as does DP.

I had horrendous ms and am covered in spots which apparently is signs of a girl, bit I'm also carrying low which is a sign of a boy. so have no idea. gaaah an hour till the scan. I JUST WANT TO KNOOOOW!

But when I refer to the peanut I usually say he, so I guess thats a sort of unconscious inkling...

Rockchick1984 Thu 01-Aug-13 11:06:30

When I had DS I had loads of spots, carried low but virtually no MS. Based on that, 2 out of 3 matching, I'd say boy. Have you had any cravings? I went off sweet food, only wanted savoury!

Am 9 weeks with DC2 and opposite symptoms so far, so will be interesting to see what you're having!

I want salted crisps and icecream in the same bite....so I'm craving both? haha.

CheeseFondueRocks Thu 01-Aug-13 11:14:00

Based on your MS and spots, I go for a girl!

DaleyBump Thu 01-Aug-13 11:24:05

I had incredible morning sickness and I'm still really spotty at 22+5, and I'm having a boy smile I'll say boy :p

eeek! half an hour till appointment time! I can't sit still , I'm so excited!

mavi5davi5 Thu 01-Aug-13 11:47:29

With my Ds I was nauseous for dead on 12 weeks then had a lovely pregnancy, with Dd I was horrendously sick for 30 weeks and then suffered terribly with pgp.
Now 23 weeks with 3rd and was convinced was having a boy as only nauseous and lovely pregnancy and its another girl, so I guess it really depends on you as an individual, sorry wink

HeffalumpTheFlump Thu 01-Aug-13 11:51:59

I'm guessing boy. Just because I'm having a girl and have had less spots, am carrying high etc, so you are the opposite! Good luck at the scan smile

meditrina Thu 01-Aug-13 11:56:27

Blue babies can usually be rescusitated very rapidly and effectively now.

Even if your scan news is adverse (family history making you wonder about this?), I don't think sex of baby is an important factor. Or is it a sex-linked condition that concerns you?

DaleyBump Thu 01-Aug-13 12:04:46

Meditrina... Are you kidding?

pink or blue means boy or girl. I don't care which it is, I just thought I would share my excitedness with people to give me something to kill time while waiting for my scan...

meditrina Thu 01-Aug-13 12:08:22

Blue baby syndrome

I wish I was.

DaleyBump Thu 01-Aug-13 12:15:46

It's irrelevant to the thread. Did you even read the OP? I didn't ask if you were kidding about blue babies, I asked if you were kidding because it's pretty stupid to be asked "boy or girl" and to answer "doesn't matter, if it comes out blue they can hopefully be recusitated".

BlackholesAndRevelations Thu 01-Aug-13 12:24:00

Bloody hell meditrina, was that necessary?

Hope all is going well at the scan, op.

rowtunda Thu 01-Aug-13 13:00:38

oh dear - evil mumsnet strikes again! take no notice of meditrina!

Hope all goes well at the scan and let us know the outcome

rowtunda Thu 01-Aug-13 13:01:29

ps I'm guessing girl

HeffalumpTheFlump Thu 01-Aug-13 13:47:08

Meditrina - wow, way to shit all over someones happy thread. hmm

Op - come on then!! What is it?? Was your scan all ok?

got a stubborn peanut in there. it wouldn't move to check its spine or open its legs despite doing starjumps and turning on my side. got to have another scan in 3 weeks.

rowtunda Thu 01-Aug-13 16:01:17

Ahhh well it adds to the anticipation!

HeffalumpTheFlump Thu 01-Aug-13 18:17:39

Same happened to me, hate to say it but she didn't cooperate at the next one either! We had to wait until the 28 week growth scan to see for sure! But at that one she was definitely not shy!! Did they get all the other checks done?

they got everything but the spine. it was the only thing I was worried about as my sister has spina bifida. little bean was too comfy to move apparently. grin

HeffalumpTheFlump Thu 01-Aug-13 20:52:11

Always the way! Fingers crossed your little bean plays ball next time. Glad everything else was ok though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now